Hard Candy with your Bubble Hash Water. DONT THROW IT AWAY!

So i just got done whipping up a batch of hard candy using the water left over from running some green alien :alien: bubble hash and i thought i would share with you guys. Here is what the final product looked like. Ive been getting into hand shaping my own candy because im tired of using the same old candy molds i have. (See my instagram channel @brayne_gro).

Items, Recipe and Procedure
You will need:
Saucepan at least 2 qt for this recipe.
Silicon spatula
Measuring Cup
Candy thermometer
Parchment paper (hardest) , candy molds (easy), or a big pile of powdered sugar (easy but potentially messy). The powdered sugar will be reusable if you choose this method.

Ingredients:
2 Cups Sugar
1 Cup hash water
1 Cup Corn Syrup
Citric Acid (optional)
You may also add flavoring and or food coloring but you really shouldnt have to if you enjoy green cannabis flavored candy. I also added about a gram of dry sift i had recently made from the cbd therapy to balance the therapeutic benefits of this candy.

Procedure:
So its simple really. With a burner on high, just stick your sugar, water, and corn syrup into the saucepan, and stir until the liquid comes to a boil. It shouldnt boil over if you are stirring up to this point. You will now have to wait for the temperature to come up to 300°F. Once it reaches this temperature you are onto the last step, pouring to shape your candy. The final shape is up to you whether your candy becomes suckers or little broken up rock candy or a nice shiny hand molded candy like i made. If its your first experience with hard candy i would recommend candy molds or the powdered sugar method. Pour into candy molds if you chose that method and thats all she wrote. If you chose the powdered sugar method for a more authentic homemade look you will need to pour your powdered sugar into a cookie sheet or other dish of your choosing deep enough to make 1/4" indentations with a spoon or bottle cap or whatever you want to try out for shaping. Otherwise you can do like i did and sit there and work really hot candy over a sheet of parchment paper until it begins to stiffen up. To bring out a glossy, texture you will need to pull the hot candy like taffy repeatedly until you get the texture you desire. I would recommend silicone gloves for this. When you are satisfied, work it into strand of about 1/2" thickness and cut into pieces with a large knife. Let it sit for about 15 minutes and it should be cool enough to try. Hope you guys enjoy.

18 Likes

How well does the candy work as far as catching a buzz?
I’ll be making some bubble hash at some point so curious about making these candies.

I actually added the cbd dry sift in there to reduce the effects of the thc, as far as the head high, and that way the medicinal benefits would be balanced so the head high isnt very strong but the body high is pretty nice. I made it that way because my pops was just recently diagnosed with stage 4 cancer and i know how intense the high from edibles can be to someone who doesnt really use cannabis very often. Something else ive done recently was used the water to make pancake batter. That produced a pretty heavy body high with a really heavy head high. Usually puts me in a super couch lock mode all day. If you let the water settle for about 3 days in a clear container, the trichomes start to settle to the bottom and you can really see what is left over from the hash run. Its actually quite a bit usually. Shake well before using it in any recipe that calls for water.

6 Likes

@BrayneGro you the man I’m so on that my next harvest nice buddy sorry about your pops my mom has stage 4 Breast cancer that’s is nice of you to share buddy means a lot

1 Like

Thanks brother and its my pleasure man i love to share whatever knowledge i can with you guys.

1 Like

@BrayneGro dude thanks for this info that freaking awesome how did it work out for you ???
How strong was the effect???

I’ll be making some bubble hash tomorrow so I will also be making some hard candies now too!! Anyway I can substitute sugar with something else, I’m a type 1 diabetic!

:v::evergreen_tree::evergreen_tree:

2 Likes

Is also be interested in know the answer to that @ktreez420 my wife is type 2 and I’d like to be able to make some for her as well
Good question my friend

1 Like

@ktreez420 and @Countryboyjvd1971 Here is a suggestion. I switched to this because aspartame which is found in may artificial sweeteners is a trigger for my fibromyalgia.

Stevia
Stevia is a FDA approved low-calorie sweetener that has anti-oxidant and anti-diabetic properties. Unlike artificial sweeteners and sugar, stevia can suppress your plasma glucose levels and significantly increase glucose tolerance. It’s also technically not an artificial sweetener. That’s because it’s made from the leaves of the stevia plant.

Stevia also has the ability to:

increase insulin effect on cell membranes
increase insulin production
stabilize blood sugar levels
counter mechanics of type 2 diabetes and its complications
You can find stevia under brand names like:

PureVia
Sun Crystals
Sweet Leaf
Truvia
While stevia is natural, these brands are usually highly processed and may contain other ingredients. For example, Truvia goes through 40 processing steps before it’s ready to be sold, and contains the sugar alcohol erythritol. Future research may shed more light on the health impacts of consuming these processed stevia sweeteners.

The best way to consume stevia is to grow the plant yourself and use the whole leaves to sweeten foods.

7 Likes

Wow @AnneBonny that’s interesting I’ll need to look into this a bit more thanks for posting the info
:v: :cowboy_hat_face: CB

2 Likes

I grew Stevia last year! It was so frickin cool too guys, you can just chew on a leaf and it tastes like you’re sucking on a lollipop or candy. No plant flavor at all, it’s incredible! I didn’t figure out how to turn the plant into a use able stevia powder though lol, so I didn’t grow it this year. But I plan on growing it again and looking into the powder process again.

3 Likes

Are you going to try it in the candy @ktreez420?

1 Like

I want to!! Oh man how happy I would be as a diabetic with my weed candies that I could eat whenever!!

3 Likes

Fingers crossed for you! Can’t wait to hear how it turns out.

I don’t do artificial sweeteners.

Stevia is a great substitute. Might have to try growing some next year!

1 Like

It’s awesome to grow @bob31

@ktreez420 how do you grow it? Seeds?

I live close to some awesome local Amish greenhouses and I buy a bunch of sprouts from them for super cheap @bob31

Have you tried putting jello in this recipe? I tried the original recipe and it was really good, definitely gave you a nice body buzz, I’m just thinking of adding some flavor to it.