Guessing it's time to start a journal

So I went ahead and flipped the switcheck on the unknown and got the stuff for a scrog got it built today and will put in tonight at lights on

3 Likes

I’m bad at this journal thing I even quit writing stiff down except for flushes and ph and things like that but not at tracking growth and things as such I am having a gnat issue but hung sticky fly traps and will get apple cider vinagar to put in a bowl in there tomorrow morning. But will start to include more pics once she starts to flower

2 Likes

I water with 5.8 ph water and I fill 5 gall on buckets airate for at least 24 hrs then let sit another 24 to 48 hrs. I was using a cheap soil probe I got at local home store for 10 usd but I recently upgraded to a digital ph meter the ph calibration solutions and tds meter I have used calibration solution then ph some water and checked my probe and it was right on so tonight afterm I waterm and set up scrog aND all I’m going to take my first readings of the medium and wI’ll document that and will take pic of scrog I will also take my tds reading and ph the runoff so I will know exactly what is going on in the grow medium

2 Likes

@Covertgrower @bob31 what kiND of ppm should I be looking for if growing in a soiless medium with no nutes yet, in the runoff?

2 Likes

@Sirsmokes I have yet to venture into this catagory. I don’t a tds meter either. So I dont know. But @Screwauger might know better than me.

1 Like

probably not much. Most likely whatever is coming from your water. I would expect the in and out to be around the same? @Sirsmokes

Unless their are fertilizers in the mix?

1 Like

I’m kind of upset I ordered ilgm blueberry auto and havery not recieved my email telling me what the charge will be billed as nor a email with conformation of shipping it’s been about a week is this normal?

1 Like

@Sirsmokes I would contact customer service.

2 Likes

I don’t believe so my pH water is 496 ppm @bob31 and I really don’t believe their are fertilizers in it I don’t recall putting any in except worm castings all organic and organic promix

1 Like

Sounds to me like your order did not go through.

2 Likes

worm castings would show up as TDS on runoff. So will organics,

2 Likes

I got two emails at the begining one was a order confirmation and the other was conformation to charge my card I clicked on all the links and filled out everything I was supposed to just didn’t pat for the experts grow lab thing??

1 Like

reply to the last email you got so that they have your order number and all that and they will tell you what is going on. @Sirsmokes

1 Like

So what kind of tds would you expect and what would you consider to high @bob31

1 Like

how old are plants and how long in that soil? When did they get the worm castings? What size pot?

1 Like

@Sirsmokes

Do you have hard water where you live? My water tends to be around 325 ppm with no nutrients added.

1 Like

2.5 gal they are four weeks and the mix had worm castings mixed in from the start a 1.5 cubic with 2.5 lbs of worm castings and 5 cups of coffee grounds got moist and let sit in a clear tote in the indirect sunlight for 45 days before being used

1 Like

Extreamly… I can’t even wash my car without it getting a white haze from the water

2 Likes

I’m guessing it will be between 700 and 1200 anything over 1200 would surprise me.

And I’m with Ray, my Tap water is about the same.

I’m also under the understanding that water with a TDS of over 500 is not considered to meet the standards for drinking water.

2 Likes

That was after I ph the water? Don’t know if that makes a difference

2 Likes