Guess who's starting a Grow Journal!?!?

hahahaha very nice “peppermint”!

2 Likes

@GetbackJoJo

https://sjc3.discourse-cdn.com/business6/uploads/growingmarijuana/optimized/3X/9/6/96afd1efba649f361d99d018b1da88028c2ea155_1_666x500.JPG

https://sjc3.discourse-cdn.com/business6/uploads/growingmarijuana/optimized/3X/7/8/787148fc301380ea31eb977245c2fbc15cfef7d9_1_666x500.JPG

1 Like

Looking at a smaller tent that will suit the purpose and make the Mrs happy for a 2nd indoor grow. Won’t have room inside the tent for the fan and filter but plenty in the outside. I really thought you needed (2) fans, an in-line and an exhaust. Where I want to set it up is next to an a/c vent in the floor in my closet. Was thinking of running a duct line to vent in cooled air and then exhaust with the 440 cfm and carbon filter outside the tent.

@GetbackJoJo

So you don’t “need an intake fan” but especially if you are running ductwork you should probably invest in one.

My thought would be to have a 200ish CFM fan intake which would pull air into the tent through your duct work by the AC. Then you would hook up the 400 CFM fan (with speed controller) to the carbon filter for exhaust.

This would allow you to pull in more cold air and then create a negative pressure in the tent- therefore allowing you to make sure all the smell is being filtered through the scrubber.

Make sense? If not, I can try and better illustrate it for you.

2 Likes

@GetbackJoJo
I do have a intake fan as well.

https://sjc3.discourse-cdn.com/business6/uploads/growingmarijuana/optimized/3X/f/8/f8f2df63938ff87e99d224cb9ca85ebd0911f88d_1_666x500.JPG

1 Like

@Ray4x that makes perfect sense. I have plenty of room in the closet outside the tent area. I was looking at a 3x3 Viparsun. They seem to be the best constructed with the most venting capabilities.

2 Likes

One week old today. Any thoughts?

Also, when I transplanted them I did not take them out of the peat pots I started them in. The peat pots will break down and become part of the soil right? Or should I have removed them first then transplanted into the medium?

2 Likes

I think that’s how its supposed to work, but I’ve seen posts on here that said the peat pots didn’t break down like they are supposed to do.
What soil did you go into?

They won’t break down until you’re watering enough to do so.

1 Like

I would recommend that you pull them back out, remove the pot and put it back in the ground. Until that pot disintegrates your plant will not grow beyond the pot. It could be weeks before it breaks down enough… You girl will be a lot happier @GetbackJoJo

4 Likes

@Rugar89 they went into FFHF and FFOF. 1/3 2/3.

@bob31 Thank you! Sounds like a quick Sunday morning project.

2 Likes

I did the same thing brother and I removed them and the inside of the pot showed no signs of real decay despite having a plant in it for 2 weeks. Yeah its a pain, but you’ll be glad you did! @GetbackJoJo

2 Likes

@bob31, it is done.

4 Likes

:smiley: :palm_tree: :thumbsup: :v:

I know this is going to sound odd, but I feel like they’ve both grown just today since I cut the peat pots off of them and put them into the FFHF. When I took the pots off of them, both had roots all the way to the bottom of the pot.

The green house is smelling awesome with the mint and basil going to town. The citronella is keeping the mosquitoes away too.

4 Likes

@GetbackJoJo, the roots were like… Were free,. Lol… They should take off now with room to grow

3 Likes

Not odd at all. I’ve seen mine change in a matter of hours. :seedling: :herb:

5 Likes

Sounds good! They will slow down a touch as their roots expand so don’t get concerned if you don’t see too much happening for a week or so!

3 Likes

Day 8 (from sprout)

6.5 pH’d rainwater to run-off

Girls are looking awesome this morning. Temps this week are supposed to be in the mid-80s with a 30 to 40% chance of rain every day. Shouldn’t have to water again until probably Thursday. Will post pics tonight when I get home from work.

1 Like

My girls this morning. @Rugar89 @Ray4x @North_East_Newbie @bonnie1 @Nug-bug

9 Likes