Growing first time photo periods

Right on! I look forward to watching that one as well. Which ones were you doing now?

Ive noticed you helping others, pretty cool have you helping hand down knowledge now. Keep reading and keep studying lol that’s how I learned and of course growing lol. Im happy to be a helping hand you’ve really seemed to take flight not really asking for help lol :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Your learning alot like I did almost as quick as I did as well

1 Like

I always welcome advice, and the extra knowledge is always a boon. Right now, I am growing two Ak-47’s and a big bud. The smell is pleasant yet pungent, they are in the beginning of the sixth week, and starting to show flower, my estimate maybe off as I was working a lot and forgot to document when I switched to 12/12 and when pistils started to grow. I know both are estimated at eight weeks of flowering until harvest, yet, I think they may take longer,(again, I forgot to document this.), so I may be a little off on my time table. I am seeing some hairs turn red and feel this is a furtherment in time frame, all plants are healthy, my second AK is showing signs of some nutrient deficiency, it does not seem to be affecting it in a negative manner.

2 Likes

I still have a long way to go…

1 Like

Lol but your learning quick, what are her leaves doing to resemble deficiency?

They look great for their age your gonna have a great yield. Ive been wanting to try big bud but have had many others in line first lol.

Are the mother plants clones you took or start of a new grow

1 Like

I planted seeds and thought to clone from them, to be honest I will grow those plants out and clone from them. I have never tried big bud or Ak, I hear it is some strong stuff. I know the deficiency is cal mag in nature, it is so far along now that I do not see the point of treating it, and it is not very bad. That plant was sickly from the start and may have just been a weaker one, it is smaller and took a while to grow, in fact, that one was planted at the same time as the big bud, I thought it was not going to grow, so I planted another.

1 Like

I look forward to your progress

1 Like

Looking fantastic, buddy!

1 Like

thank you @Majiktoker @Sl1 , I appreciate it, right now the girls are showing signs of budding, orange hairs and some bottom leaves are starting to get yellow. I have decided to cut out the nutes, this is going to be the final stages and I want a clean run.

1 Like

@Alteredmindset how are you liking the meizhi 1200s ? Can I give you a tip on one of your next grows leave both switches on throughout the entire thing you will be amazed how much more you can yield it’s just that much more light :sunglasses: Hope you like them sure looks great

2 Likes

Actually your tip is spot on, I am only using one lamp right now, I have both switches on, if I used both lamps those girls would be cinders.

2 Likes

@Hogmaster, I do love my LED’s. I must say they are more powerful than I thought and get the job done correctly, The meizhi company claims that this is an equivalent of 1200 watts, to be honest, I am thinking more in line with a 800 watt. I do not mind as I am growing in a 4x4x7 tent. I would say that even a thousand watts actual would be overkill.(I also do not know if there is a 800 watt hid, just saying it would be more equal to something in 800 watts.)

4 Likes

There are not lol 250 watt 400 watt 600 watt and 1000 watt for hid lamps @Alteredmindset

2 Likes

@Majiktoker, I lind of figured that, yet, was not sure. Things change so much and so quickly, you can not be sure.

2 Likes

Been a while and been real busy. Had some issues that cal/mag solved. I am not sure how long I have right now, I will stay at 2 weeks and probably see 3 as this may take longer than I thought…worth waiting for!

found some leaves like this…

4 Likes

Sure is worth it, just look at all those beautiful buds man.:+1::+1::ok_hand: killing it!

1 Like

Thanks @Nug-bug, Just waiting for them to get more dense, I think about 2 weeks…hopefully.

1 Like

Harvested my small plant yesterday before work…

sampled some, very potent, great stuff, very sativa.
my other girls have more light and space now…

As you can see everything is quite well, very potent and filling in nicely, if progress goes as planned, I will do a full harvest by the 17 of this month!

7 Likes

Awesome work @Alteredmindset, nice to know what your doing…lol

1 Like

Thanks, really impressed with my second grow already…I did not think it was that big, just noticed the swell recently.

1 Like