Growing first time photo periods

Cool, I was thinking of trimming anyways, just was not sure, personally I watered with nutes yesterday and I notice about 24 hours after that my girls seem more resiliant and able to over come stress more easily. I even did this with my clones, I did have four, I just cut two to small and the others were a bit longer stemmed.

2 Likes

@Alteredmindset Awesome!

1 Like

@Kapelady, thank you, I really do not know what I enjoy more, the grow, or, the harvest…Laughs! :sunglasses:

3 Likes

So, a few days have passed and I can not help but be amazed at this grow. The clones are doing well and a buddy hooked me up with some beans he had, I have a blueberry photo and a sour diesel, two favs by the way, and I am just going to use them as mother plants and clone off of them when I do my next grow!

9 Likes

Dialed in! Lol looking good brother! How’s things out your way? All is well here in ma

1 Like

Rain, more rain, and rumors of snow. The world is mad and we are going down with it. No global warming in sight, global cooling maybe, @bob31, and thank you by the way it means a lot.

1 Like

You’re ladies look awesome @Alteredmindset. Really healthy and happy

1 Like

I hear ya brother! Sun came out here today for like 15 minutes! Hopefully tomorrow!

1 Like

So I may be gone for a day or two, although I do keep up with threads as much as life allows me, so, I am doing a little update on all my girls.

Two seedlings that I am making into mother plants, and the former clones now becoming mother plants.

This is only three plants, big garden and a little space, next time I will grow just two plants as I really do not have the room for more.

7 Likes

@TxGrowman , @MattyBear , @Majiktoker , @bob31, @Countryboyjvd1971, @Kapelady, so check it out amy insights?

1 Like

So you are about three weeks into flowering if I counted right. They are looking good and have a good spread. Did you lollipop them ? Just asked as it looks like some of the buds are a lot lower than others. (maybe just the picture angle !) If they are not all in the same horizontal plane, they will not all get the same amount of light. A little lollipopping will help that and make the buds all grow uniform.

You have a great grow going ! Keep at it ! Jerry

1 Like

I have lollipopped them, and they are just a bit out of control, they are getting enough light, it is a bit of a hectic grow. I thought one seed had failed and it actually showed later, I was going for just two plants. I have cut back on the nutes and they get a gallon each with a little run off. I switched to 12/12 almost a month ago, yet, @TxGrowman, that was a excellent guess, and pretty dead on, they are close to 3 foot minus the pot. upward growth has stopped and the buds are growing more everyday, they are a little thirstier than before so I have to remain vigilant and water more often, I have great drainage and I was wondering if this is normal?

They look great buddy good job

1 Like

@alteredmindset…gosh that looks really good! What kind of nutes do you use? What type of seeds are these?

1 Like

@txgrowman…okay what is lollipopping?

1 Like

Great job brother

1 Like

I use Fox farms trio with Ocean forest, I mix at the very beginning in soil some happy frog, 1 tablespoon per gallon and boones bloom 1 tablespoon only, I add more after a month, of happy frog and boones, only a tablespoon of each, and I follow the chart for FF trio. Lollipopping is removing everything underneath that doesn’t receive light, I used AK-47 and big bud strains, which are on this sight as well, both are hybrids, AK-47 is a sativa dominant, and Big Bud is an Indica dominant, I vegged for a month and a half, then switched to 12/12 schedule. The smell hits you hard when go into the grow room, it is pungent, yet, very pleasant. I have ventilation from my a/c unit, my tent never goes above 73 degrees, my relative humidity does fluctuate yet remains in the 50’s, that will change when I start to drop the temps, and I should be able to get rh down to 30%, and temps should go into the 60’s. I till the top soil about every two days and prune sometimes. I did lollipopping for benefit of progressing the upper canopy, everything underneath was no longer receiving light, plus i did not want light airy buds, or what is called larfy buds…

2 Likes

You for sure need to look it up if you are considering it. You Tube has some great videos on it.

Here is a short and sweet on it: Lollipopping is bending the stems of the plant until they snap on the inside but the outer layer of the stem does not loose it’s continuity. It makes the stem bend easier so you can get all the stems the same height from the light so they all mature at the same rate because they all get the same amount of light. It almost acts like a SCROG by getting the buds at the same height.

Lollipopping can also be used if you are running out of room in your grow space but the plant still has some more stretching to mature for flowering. I run into that problem a lot due to my small grow space but I can still manage to get good yields out of the plants.

Hope that helps you. Jerry

3 Likes

My bad ! I wasn’t sure if you did or not. The plants look great !

Yes it is normal for the plants to start craving water. I almost doubled the amount of water for my S. Kush once they got into flowering heavy. Keep your ladies well hydrated and they will reward you at harvest.

Keep 'er going, you are doing great! Jerry

3 Likes

They really look great @Alteredmindset

2 Likes