Growing first time photo periods

A little update on my progress and the newer aspect to this grow is clones!

5 Likes

Thought I would update before work, I have pruned a little and I have switched over to flowering schedule now. My clones have started to root, and I will have pics later, right now here are my girls doing their thing.

I would point out that I watered with nutes a day before I defoliated, and I switched over the day after that. ph is at 6.4 and the humdity is 50% right now, I am getting an a/c next week, and the temps range anywhere from 66 at night to 75 during day. I am going to also put a dehumidifier in the tent soon, right now is the stretch.

4 Likes

@Alteredmindset how goes the battle? The girls look great and I’m thinking about the ac and things too. Better to be prepared!

1 Like

It has cooled down a lot, and that will help, no signs of stress and great growth, my clones rooted as well, I am only keeping two and I am trying not to disturb them much, a few days and they will go in soil. @bob31

@bob31, @TxGrowman, @Kapelady, @Majiktoker, @FloridaSon, @Countryboyjvd1971, so far this is my progress. The clones are doing well, and the girls are in the stretch. The clones are both 10 days old.

10 Likes

Looking good
And nice job on the clones

1 Like

Nice job man your doing great you’ve came far since you’ve started

3 Likes

Agree, these plants are looking good ! Keep up the good work.

2 Likes

@Countryboyjvd1971, @Majiktoker, @TxGrowman, Thank you guys that does mean a lot. I am pretty excited about the clones as well, They are doing well and one is in soil already, I just watered with nutes on the big girls and they are thriving, I had switched over to a 12/12 schedule a few days ago. the growth stretch is going well, I will do a little trimming after the stretch, my sativas are showing signs of pistils already. I admit that i like photo periods over auto’s, mainly because they are forgiving. I have really learned a lot from this forum and the input is awesome, this grow has been smooth over my first grow, I also lurk on most threads and have picked up information that is invaluable. I do not know if when cloning, that an indica may take longer to fully root, I am about 12 days into both clones, both have rooted, sativa way faster than indica. Has anyone noticed this as well?

1 Like

I think it really depends on overall healthiness of plant however plants resistant to stress make good plants to clone they root really fast

3 Likes

The good thing is that the other is still forming roots and on it’s way, just a little slower. I clipped them from the same plants I have in tent. I did notice that the big bud/indica, is a bit on the slow side, yet, gains momentum later.

1 Like

Shes gonna turn into a really healthy plant overall

1 Like

I am just letting nature take it’s course. I find that to much meddling can be a lot more harmful, and as long as I pay attention to their needs, they seem to flourish.

2 Likes

Well said @Alteredmindset they will grow them selves with a little bit of human help ensuring they have all that they need lol
Great job bro

1 Like

Thank you @Countryboyjvd1971, I have kept trimming to a minimum and will trim about 25 days into flower or when the first buds form, the trimming will be very light and only enough to to expose the buds to light. The regeneration of these plants are very quick, and pistils are now starting to form!

3 Likes

I trim up after I go into flower as well to thin them out a bit and get more light
I remove everything that’s not getting light close & to soil about 8 inches and down I’ll remove all lower growth so plant focuses on top colas :grin:

1 Like

@Countryboyjvd1971, I did trim before flowering, my question is will it affect growth stretch in a positive or negative manner? by the way I may be busy for a while as I may have to go out of town soon, work, work, and more work.
So here are some pics of my progress so far.

I had to add a humidifier to my tent the humidity is getting very high, I will have an air conditioner by the weekend, the temps rarely exceed 75 degrees, and lows rarely go below 65 degrees, also my PH stays between 6.4 to 6.6, the fluctuations are minimal. So does that look like the beginning of pistils?

4 Likes

Again if it’s under growth then yes I will benefit from you trimming just before or just after you switch to 12/12
It will cause plant to focus on upper growth because you removed all the lower growth and really has no choice Lol
But will help increase final weight at least in theory
If the leaf or flower can’t get light or get into light all the energy spent on keeping it alive is wasted buds will be airy at best on this under growth so why waste the nutes on them

1 Like

Thank you @Countryboyjvd1971, that is solid advice, I am about a week into 12/12, so do you think it would be okay for a trim now? I did top a few weeks before switch, the two main colas are really thick and are showing a lot of formations.

1 Like

Yes sir I think you be fine to prune her up a bit
Look into lollipoping technique that’s probably the best thing don’t remove to much lol
Like I said anything not getting light can go itvwill help thin out the plant as well

1 Like