Grow Challenge between the two of us

This is kindof a race between myself, @cyberblast and @Alton66 or a challenge, whatever you want to call it. We have each started some plants approximately the same age just started grown and about 2 weeks old. Close to starting the 1st week of veg on my part. I have 4 plants and starting 2 clones from a gold leaf I have in another grow and seperate tent.

These babies of mine, not the clones, are from bag seeds, unknown breed and likely regular seeds. So they could be male or female. Hard to tell at this point. Anyway, I have 2 plants each in 2 5 gallon soft pots. Smart pots. I had to put the 2 each together because i had put 2 each in a couple of starting pots just to see if they would grow and see how good.

Experiment since I got the seeds from a friend and he had no idea if they were even any good. There were, and they grew so quick that their roots intertwined and I couldnt seperate them without doing alot of damage, sooooo, they grow together.

Here are a couple of photos of my babies and my partner in this grow will post some photos of his group and we will just update this thread as they grow. The challenge will be who getts the best plant out of his group with the most weight, both wet and dry. Just the one plant out of all in each group. Since I likely have some males in my group, its going to be interesting for me since I want to try to get some seeds as well, sooo I figure I will lose, unless I include my clones in this grow challenge. Will see and if my partner here will allow it. :smiley:

So here are my babies.

Good luck you guys

@Wishingilivedina420state Thanks…I think I will need it. My partner is, I think, a better grower than I am, so I need the luck. :upside_down_face:

This is awesome where is @alton66 plants? Setting this to watching. If alton66 could tag me wherever their grow is I’ll follow there or will they join here?

@Covertgrower I just started this thread for us this evening. He hasnt seen it yet. So he @Alton66 will likely put his photos up in the morning. I think its going to be fun. I think I am going to lose, but thats alright. Its all in fun. :man_farmer:

Your gonna be fine @cyberblast , don’t stress

Out of likes @cyberblast but this sounds fun!

@Wishingilivedina420state naaa, no stress. :crazy_face: just looking forward to the contest. Judges are going to be those who respond here. Will tag all at the end and both of us will have an ending post and the one with the most likes wins. I think that will work. Depends on what my partner thinks.

@cyberblast

Good morning !!

And hello to everyone that is following so far!:slightly_smiling_face::+1:

So you think your going to lose? Ehhh, I don’t know about that , I think were pretty evenly matched as far as knowledge is concerned. :+1::ok_hand::slightly_smiling_face:

We’re are going to have a blast here!

I just took these photo’s about five minutes ago.
This is day 12 from germination.

I have two strains going , AK 47 and Northern Lights.

Temperature is averaging 76 F at an RH of 70%.
I’m currently running an Optic 1 LED for this stage of growth. It’s a single Cree CXB3590 COB running at 54 watts from the wall.

Approx another week or so and I’ll be installing one of two main LED fixtures for veg and flowering.

I’ll be transplanting into 3 gallon grow bags in approx a week as well.

That’s where I’m at as of today. :slightly_smiling_face::+1:

@cyberblast we’ll be talking shortly my friend.

I hope you are having a great day so far!!

To everyone else, be well and have a great rest of the day.:slightly_smiling_face::+1:

@Alton66 Those plants of yours are looking good.

Will post some new photos of my girls later today. They are in approx 17 days since they popped. A little more than yours, but they stopped growing up when I transplanted them and started more on their roots. But the last couple of days they have really started growing.

Temps are normally about 80 in their tent. Small rotating fan and under a 2 foot t5 flourescent with the plants in 2 5 gallon smart pots. The clones are still rooting. They are kinda wilting a little right now with all their energy going to develop roots so should bounce back shortly if they make it. They are clippings from my gold leaf. The 4 in the 2 2gal pots are bag seeds, unknown breed. The light is about 4 inches from the plants.

I will be installing new LED light panels in a little over a week. 2 300 watt panels and will at that time put the t5 floursecent as a side light. Soon as possible, depending on their rooting, I will put the clones in dirt with a root inoculation and they will take off soon. They will likely be behind the others for a few weeks, but hoping they will catch up.

I dont know about not losing my friend. Our knowledge may be similar but you seem to be more…not sure of the word I am looking for…dedicated maybe. I kinda throw things together sometimes and not always pay attention to the smaller details…thats it…you are more detailed oriented. Either way this is going to be fun, especially with the others chiming in with their comments. Good or bad.

Talk to you later guy, and will be posting my photos soon as I can.

cyberblast

Posting photos now took them about 20 minutes ago. 4th photo down is of the clones. They arent looking great right now, still rooting. But I have hopes.

Whomever is doing Northern Lights - you are going to fall in love with this monster lol.

Good luck kids!

PS. What does the winner get?? :1st_place_medal: :birthday: :seedling:

Best of luck to you both! But neither of you will be a loser :grinning:. Hope you don’t mind but I’m going to keep my eyes :eyes: on this!

@rodri59 well, the winner gets to be … the winner. :rofl: Just for fun so we just get bragging rights. Bout it. :sweat_smile:

@SmoknGranny Hey girl, how ya doing. Feeling better? I knew you were down under the weather the last few days. So doing better now? Glad you found this thread. And more than welcome to keep your eyes :face_with_monocle::eyeglasses: on it. :upside_down_face:

I’m going to watch too :sunglasses::grin:

Thanks for asking. I’m a little better now with some sunshine :sunny:️. I’m afraid I’m really going to have to fight depression and pain this winter. It’s hell getting old!
But the good news is that I’ll be here keeping an eye on you :rofl:. Much better than the alternative!

@SmoknGranny

Well, at least you have the sun for now. And yea, this winter is going to suck. I am looking forward to the same thing. Depression and pain. And I agree…it does suck getting old. More so when you got the problems we have. From the signs its going to be a rough winter for the U.S of A. Weather wise and I really belive other stuff. I think that shooting last week was just the start of stuff. :cold_sweat:

Keep things going and for sure better than the alternative.

Good morning everyone!!!

It’s a good morning here.:slightly_smiling_face:
The plants are looking really good and are growing at a rapid clip.
I believe adding Re-Charge for roots has given the plants a solid root base thus far.

The soil is fairly dry approx half an inch down.
Tomorrow marks five days since I’ve watered so it will be watering day.
I’m going to give the plants some Floralicious Plus by General Hydroponics as well as some additional Re - Charge.
Since I use distilled water I’m also adding Cal/Mag. More specifically General Hydroponics Cali/ Magic.

The majority of the plants are moving towards they’re third leaf node so early next week I’m going to be transplanting them into 3 gallon grow bags. Their eventual home will be seven gallon bags.

On he fourth node I’m going to top them and begin LST. :slightly_smiling_face::+1:

@rodri59

Yes Northern Lights is going to be awesome. :slightly_smiling_face:

@cyberblast

I hope your day is going good so far. Correct me if I’m wrong but I’m thinking your in the UK :uk: am I right?:slightly_smiling_face:

I’ll speak with you in a bit my friend.:+1:

Here’s what the plants look like a few minutes ago.

Sounds good my friend. I watered my girls about 4 days ago and they are getting close to needing some more. Dry about an inch down. I added the same type of stuff as the recharge just different brand. When I water this time I will follow suit with some nutes but from Fox Farm. And dont need to add more of the recharge type of stuff. Added plenty and dont have any left really. Dont use distilled water, not all the time for sure. Mostly spring water that I have checked and is right at a ph of 6.5 by itself and 380 ppm I think.

I just topped my ladies this morning. Had one that had grown 2 inches just in the last day. So needed to slow it down. But I think its a male. They grow faster than females. Will work out nice with my try to get my own seeds. Hoping that my other tent will be free to take the clones and 2 on the other ladies if those 3 are ladies. Will see. Will add some photos of the topped plants later. They were all, but one on their 4th node of leaves, so was time. Especially on that one that I think is a male.

I aint in merry old england. Used to live there though. Went to school and all. Loved the place. But i am in an unfriendly state down south of you. Waaaayyy south. Am a mile from the ocean. Nice place, but danged unfriendly to weeders.