Goldy a gold leaf tale

@daz49 holy crap dude
I just received all the notifications from your thread and a a few other like 15 days late WTF
This is getting aggravating for sure
Dude looks like you had a good harvest bro
Sorry if I didn’t answer any questions you had I wasn’t aware tho
:v: :cowboy_hat_face: John

1 Like

Thanks brother, hey I know you’re a busy fella but I knew you’d look in, yeah now just drying and curing and it should be tasting lush

1 Like

Woohoo brother you know where to find me anyway if you really wanted to lol :+1:

2 Likes

Still prefer the look of your grows, they look like dispenseries bud, but I ruined mine a bit with the nutrient burn but next grow brother, next grow I’m going to be a contender, I’m gonna scrog and stem split lol look out bro,Hey Don’t Get Me Wrong I Still Love This Grow, She’s Just Not Pretty

2 Likes

Lmfao I sure it will be brother I have no doubt @daz49

1 Like

I said the same thing so I took a 1/4 and put in a small jar for smoking…and its good! lol Why not if you got more than you expected…looks like your going to do very well :+1: I’m enjoying some now :grin:

3 Likes

Bro I won’t lie I start smoking mine as soon as it dry I fill up a quart size jar and that’s my smoking jar as the rest cures lmao or until I smoke that jar up them I crack another and so on eventually everything is cured up
It just get better with time

6 Likes

How can you not lol

3 Likes

Looks spot-on.
And magnum bars are delicious! :smile::+1:

2 Likes

Thanks buddy and yes magnum and gold leaf, what a great mix a my friend

2 Likes

Very nice harvest. Testing the buds, I think we all do.

The cure stage of finishing the plants will make a HUGE difference in taste and potency. My Strawberry Kush got better and better as I let it age in my my mason jars. I am now three months from my harvest and I tried some buds that I have left in my curing container yesterday, just tastes better and better all the time. Do not rush the curing and you will be a very happy camper indeed.

Jerry

3 Likes

Thanks brother, what curing method do you use? So as far as the drying - wait till the branches snap that’s right right buddy? And then trim and jar and just cure?

Robert’s method posted in the guides is my guide on this. I also have a air tight metal container that I use after I have been curing for over a month. This is better than the glass jars as it does not let the light in that will degrade the THC.

Hope it helps you. Jerry:motorcycle:

6 Likes

Thanks brother interesting read, it doesn’t really say for instance for the first week open your jars 3x a day, 15 minutes at a time and then so on like that, that’s what I was really looking for, it explains the reasons why and the difference and all that, which I’ve read and read before but I was looking for something more like my example, so that’s why I was asking how you do yours

You might find in your climate that drying until the branches snap doesn’t really work. My climate is similar to yours and my buds were ready for manicuring and curing well before the stems got to that point. My buds went into paper bags that I could further monitor a change in weight over time and when everything lined up, into the jars they went.

1 Like

Thanks buddy, I have them in a dark bedroom with a fan and dehumidifier, but my last one I hung and dried inside the tent with the light on since I had goldy in the room ready, but your right the branches didn’t get to snapping bud the bud was proper dry, I thought it was because I had the light on, how would I know from weight? Obviously I know when it’s drying it’s losing moisture

2 Likes

@TxGrowman is the container one of the C-Vault cannabis can ? If so how is it ?

Exactly @daz49, I used ambient humidity (60%) and feel to decide when to clip the buds. They went into paper lunch bags (50 to 70 grams) and carefully weighed and recorded on the bag. The closed up bags were left in the same environment and the weight checked every couple of days until there was no further change in weight. At which point the harvest went into mason jars with twice daily out gassing for two weeks and periodically thereafter.

That’s how I did it.

2 Likes

Thanks my friend, I think this has got to be the toughest bit for me so far, well apart from getting the seeds started, but it comes down to experience so thanks for telling me I appreciate it

3 Likes

Yes, it is a C-Vault and it has worked really well for me. It was a present from a lady that I grew cannabis for to treat her cancer. It seems a little flimsy at first but works well and has a Boveda holder for long term curing and storage.

1 Like