Goldy a gold leaf tale

Yes I split stems cuz I had some clear that wasn’t changing but was also fooled by fake light amber

1 Like

Oh yeah, so do you mind if I ask you a few questions buddy

Not at all my friend, I’ll do my best :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Thanks my friend, so when do you recommend splitting the stem? Did it increase your trichomes and your yeild? What kind of a high do you get from gold leaf? Do you mind if I ask if you know your yeild wet and dry,

Hi - I split 2-5 days before harvest and I honestly couldn’t tell you if it made a difference. I ended up with just under 5oz dry from 2 plants.

I have a clone of own of those plants In flower now. I feel like I learned a lot about gL from that first grow, they are a little temperamental and need cal mag at the time of 12:12 switch and then again in early flower. One of my first GL grow plants had a bad cal mag and phos deficiency but still managed to produce 2.3 dry ounces.

The clone I have now I’ve been able to stay ahead of any deficiencies and I think she is will produce more. GL are known to be high yeild. The high of my current GL is nice, relaxing and creative and maintains for a long time. I mix it with WW for an extra strong punch .

I took four clones from my current Grow, and they all took. @matthew420 is growing out 2 of my GL clones as well. He doesn’t “come” here much anymore so not sure if he will see this and chime in.

You can check out my current Grow at this post which includes Blueberry, gold leaf, and northern lights.

Your plants look great. Happy farming!

2 Likes

Also @daz49

Here is a pic of my GL taken 5 days ago at day 7 of flower - all her stems are light green, but this morning I noticed the purplish coming on her petioles and fed her a source of cal mag again

3 Likes

Thanks my friend, so we’re your plants around the same size as mine, or bigger or smaller,she’s a good looking girl

My first two GL I experimented with LST early on then bending later and I kept them at about 24" tall

The clone that is flowering now I only FIMMED once and then let her grow and she is 32" tall now and still stretching, she has about 8 more weeks to go I would say.

1 Like

First Gl Grow

1 Like

Thanks buddy, I appreciate you tagging me

I guarantee your grow will get you high, bro!
Congrats!

1 Like

Thanks bro, I just took some more 90x magnification pictures to check the trichomes, so that’s why it took a while to respond, but in America if I’m right, you all grow yours smaller as it’s your aloud to have 2 and a half oz’s and 6 plants, so you have to keep at least you’re indoor grows smaller, is that right @Sl1 buddy

2 Likes

@daz49 in Massachusetts where I live you can grow 6 plants as an individual and max 12 plants per household. So my max is 12, I grow for the hubby and I.

My previous tent was only 4" tall so I had to keep my plants short. My new tent is 4 x 4 x 6 so I can grow more plants and bigger ones

I’m currently using my small tent to veg mother’s, big tent to flower.

In terms of medical, if you have a medical card in MA you are allowed to buy 10 ounces per every 60 days from a dispensary

If you grow your own I am not sure the limit you can keep but you are allowed to “Gift” up to an ounce of your Grow to another person providing they are over 21.

1 Like

Oh yeah I think I saw that on a programme about the weed industry in America, but that’s not a bad little lot is it, it must be be nice to just drive to a dispenserie and just order a selectionof what looks good, that’d be lush, it’s really nice you grow it for your husband, there are a lot of people on here who grow for their partners, sisters, sons, all members of their family, not me I’m afraid, I’m doing it all for myself

2 Likes

Here are today’s pictures ,do you think she is ready

For her stem splitting
@Majiktoker @Donaldj @bob31 @Hogmaster @Willd

2 Likes

Not yet. …but lots of milky trichomes and some amber. 3 to 5 days?

1 Like

Well ,decided to go ahead with the stem splitting tonight, started off with these and 2 lolly sticks
Met up with considerable resistance and upgraded to these
Found that it’s easier with 2 people as one to push the knife and one to hold the plant, so much pushing later and I ended up with this
So I think I’ve done it right, I have taken a few pictures of the final tree shot

And a few closer bud shots to see if there’s a noticeable difference

@Smokin_ernie @kabongster @Willd @Majiktoker @Oldstoner @latewood @bob31 Countryboyjvd1971 @Ray4x

22 Likes

Looks like you have done this before sir Daz… @daz49… Right proper job!

3 Likes

Cheers buddy, I think it went pretty well

@Niala @Sl1 @garrigan62 @Zombo @Capt_Seeweed @McLovin777 @Myfriendis410 @Coltfire @DoomSack @Donaldj

6 Likes

nice job…it not that easy when the stem gets thick and woody…harvest time soon ! :grin:

4 Likes