Gold Leaf - Harvesting

If it’s in the bottom leaves it’s not light burn. It check your temps

I would give them a couple shots of calmag while you still have time, could you raise that light any… I think the cut off for calmag is 10 wks not sure …

That looks like nute burn. Light burn would not be uniform all over the plant. Something was wrong on the last feeding and you had better think about a flush IMHO.

2 Likes

Temp is 65-70 degrees F, Humidity is at 40-45% . I turn the AC on as needed to just refresh the room.

1 Like

I can raise the light, I had it at about 17-18inches, now its at about 22 inches away. I can still raise it more a little bit, should i ?

1 Like

I did, so should I continue to flush until the symptoms go away? The nutrients I use are the ones on this site, if anything I thought I wasn’t using enough.

And thank you for the response & help!

1 Like

The light is not causing that. If you have a ph meter, verify the calibration before using it and when you flush, use 3 times the pot volume. Capture the last quart and measure both the tds and ph. Let us know what it is. One flush should be enough.

@Countryboyjvd1971, @Jmesser80, @Donaldj, @bob31, would you mind taking a look?

4 Likes

I would leave it there for now, til you get this taken care of … When you get the nute problem straight then lower it back …

1 Like

It could be several different things, or a combination of things. @Closetgrower91 before you do anything let’s stop and take a look at the whole picture.

Which is why I am such a fan of the support ticket!

COPY/PASTE: This “Support Ticket” into your forum post.
Answer these simple questions the best you can.
If you do not know, or do not use something; Just say so = NA

Strain; Type, Bag seed, ILGM… name of strain:

How many plants:

Age from Sprout and Flower:

Soil in pots, Hydroponic, or Coco / Brand and type of Soil & Size of Pots:

How often do you water and how do you determine when to do so?

PH of water and runoff or solution in reservoir:

What is strength of nutrient mix? EC, or TDS:

Indoor or Outdoor:

Light system, size and height from plants:

Temps; Day, Night:

Humidity; Day, Night:

Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size:

AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier:

Co2; Yes, No:

Add anything else you feel would help us give you a most informed answer. Feel free to elaborate, but short, to the point questions and facts will help us help you

Also here is a Deficiencies & Excesses Chart to help you identify what is wrong with your plants

4 Likes

it definitely looks like nutrient burn to me.
Do you know the dose you used on your last feeding?
Flower power nutrients have high NPK values and it can be easy to over do it. I have not used them yet myself I will be on my next grow but I have looked at
The feeding schedule and the amount of nutrients per liter of water is very small.

2 Likes

Ticket info needed but looks like Nute burn

2 Likes

name of strain: ILGM Gold-Leaf
How many plants: 1
Age from Sprout and Flower: Planted on June 5th, switched to flower on Aug. 11th currently day 43 of flower.
Soil in pots, fox farm ocean soil in 5 and half gallon pot.
How often do you water and how do you determine when to do so? When the soil is dry across the top about every 7-10 days.
PH of water and runoff or solution in reservoir: 6.5-7.0
What is strength of nutrient mix? EC, or TDS: ILGM Nuts-bloom, I have a 60 ounce watering can, Ill put 1/2 of a teaspoon of the bloom and mix it the best I can.
Indoor or Outdoor: Indoor
Light system, size and height from plants: 600 watt LED by color focus, had it about 16-18 inches from the plant, as of a day ago I raised a few more inches so now its 22" from the plant.
Temps; Day, Night: temp is about 65-70 degrees F, day and night
Humidity; Day, Night: 45-50%
Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size: NO
AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier: AC- Central air
Co2; Yes, No: NO

I’m still a beginner, so any questions please just ask…Thank you to everyone for all your help and support, not to mention the quick responses.

1 Like

I have a 60 ounce sized watering can, I fill it up as much I can so it doesn’t spill when I walk. But I put 1/4 of a teaspoon of the Bloom in, and just mix it well.

which is it? and how often do you feed
I am also quite surprised you only need to water weekly at the age of your plants they should be going through water far faster I get maybe 4 days before needing to water so I water feed water during flower using weight of pots to judge when they need water again. Are you correcting ph after adding nutes and when is last time you calibrated your ph tester?

2 Likes

Sorry its 1/4 *** That was a typo

1 Like

so you are giving your plants 2L of water roughly every 10 days? if so they are getting far too dry 5Gal pots should need close to 2 1/2 gal of water to be properly watered and if you are only adding 1/4 tsp of bloom nutes to 2 Gal or more of water they are starved so I am hoping you are grasping where I am going with this?
It sounds to me like you are under watering and under feeding your plants?

the symptoms match

3 Likes

I’ve been keeping track of it its usually every 7-10 days…I had a problem with those little fruit fly things and I read that was from moist soil so I let the soil get dry before I water again. Solely for that reason.

And I’m not sure I’m understanding your question correctly, but I always make sure the PH is at about 6.5-7 before watering. I add the nuts first, then ph. solution then test. Do I test the ph of the soil…NO. Just the water.

Last time I calibrated my ph tester…Never, bought a new one this spring when I started this grow and haven’t changed a thing on it since.

I store my ph meter in calibration solution they drift over time and usually need calibrating every month or so at the least

3 Likes

This makes sense to me, thank you! So I should definitely give them a solid watering…

@Closetgrower91, @Donaldj, as I said above: calibrate your meter! Based on the information you just provided, I can see what happened.

Because of underwatering, salts have built up. I’m guessing that the meter is out of cal so this made it worse. Eventually you reached a toxic state in your soil. You absolutely HAVE to water to runoff every time. Letting the plants dry out fully before the next watering is correct but soak that baby! 10 to 20% runoff.

Flush with ph neutral water, calibrate your meter and start feeding based on the feeding chart and hopefully she’ll recover.

GREAT catch on your part @Donaldj! You got right to the meat of the problem right now!

3 Likes