Girl Scouts USA wrote cease & desist letter to Calif dispensary

Ran across this on Marijuana Times.

Girl Scouts USA wrote a cease and desist letter to an Oakland dispensary to stop using the name ‘Girl Scout Cookies’ for any products, as the nonprofit has exclusive rights to the name under trademark law.

Cannabis companies can avoid any legal issues by renaming their ‘Girl Scout Cookies’ products.

I remember wondering about the name issue when I first heard of the strain.
Article was dated 1/14/17.
Is this “fake news” ?

5 Likes

It sounds like something they would do.

3 Likes

Even the “Girl Scouts” are cashing in on the legal MJ !!!.. Awsome
Honestly , I wouldn’t play around, I would quickly change the name to Boy Scout cookies,!!

5 Likes

That’s funny :joy: It sounds like something they would do.

2 Likes

Hilarious!!! lol another way to get profit for not doing a DAMN thing!

@FyshhTrap you were never a Boy Scout? Lol then Boy Scouts USA would sue

1 Like

I love these Threads, It really brings into Reality the Dillusion of what people think is important. Do you Really think there is an 8 yr. old girl out there who gives a S$!!T about a medical marijuana dispensary, shes just trying to Earn badges , meanwhile Mom is Freaking out to Dad and others about something that Really has Nothing to do with Her , while Grandma is sick at home wondering if she can afford the high cost of insurance for her condition not knowing about the Incredible benefits of being Able to use Med MJ… OMG I could go on and on, I’m about to ask My mother(stricken with Luekemia) if she would start looking into the benefits of MJ and RSO that I might just make for her from GSC !!!

4 Likes

How bout the story of 13-year-old Girl Scout Danielle Lei, who last February, alongside her mother, set up a table outside a San Francisco dispensary and started selling Samoas and Thin Mints. In 45 minutes, she moved 117 boxes.

The Girl Scouts of America just sat back and watched those cookie dollars roll in.

4 Likes

See this is what I mean, we can’t just get along and have a productive day together, in the end does it all really matter? @nwinbackyard great story to share bro

2 Likes

Lmao @ “cookie dollars” :joy::sweat_smile::smile:

…now I got the munchies!

1 Like