Getting tent and fan/filter setup

Should be arriving today and very excited to get going. So I am sure I will be having questions. So I am getting a 4x4x7 tent, 6 in fan/filter, T5 lighting. Putting tent in a shed. This is a new property to me so not sure how the sun hits the shed. The whole yard is surrounded by trees so it seems to be nice and shaded for the shed. So hopefully it will not overheat too much.

@bob31 @Countryboyjvd1971 @Matthew420 @BIGE

6 Likes

Good Luck Ernie :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi Fellow Farmers
Having two vents put in over my garage .This is going to be my place for my 7x7x7 tent area. I think the temps will get around 100 degrees. Will this be a problem.

So everything came in! Was busy moving and didn’t get a chance to unpack the boxes. Still setting up shed.

So the shed has poured concrete floor and wondering if I should set tent right on floor or put a palette or something down first? Then put tent on platform?

@bob31 @Countryboyjvd1971

1 Like

@Smokin_ernie I personally would get a sheet of foam insulation board from Home Depot 2 inch even 1 inch would be good thicker if you plan on using in winter would be better
Concrete will suck the heat out of anything sitting directly on it and the insulation is cheap enough
And woohoo on the new toys
So exciting bro

2 Likes

Thanks I am so excited. Good idea on foam insulation I will do that.

2 Likes

Keep me posted and congrats again on the the house brother home ownership is great :+1:
freedom to do as you like

1 Like

Definitely!! I super psyched about the homestead! We just opened the pool. Got a spot picked out for veggie garden which will be twice the size I have now. We just had hardwood floors put in which looks awesome.

1 Like

Sounds sweet brother post some pics when you get a chance if you wouldn’t mind

Will do!!

I have a question for you I am trying to decide what to do about lights for grow tent. I have a T5 2ft 4 bulb. Thinking of getting second one at 82$. Now for size of tent 4x4 a recommendation of 600 watt hps/mh minimum of about 150$ and up. I know I will get bigger yield from the 600. My concern is heat with 600 in the shed during the summer. Also not really excited at the prices. Along with the T5 was thinking of adding some CFL.

1 Like

I only run led light myself brother and heat in the shed will probably be a issue you need to consider
Might need to think about A/c for back there ? You’ll need about 50 watts per square foot cfl and hps and min of 35wper square foot for leds I personally still try to get close to 50 with my leds as well
But I’ll tag in a few folks that can square you away with the lighting
I wouldn’t want to steer you wrong since I have no experience with those lights
@Donaldj @Majiktoker @Willd @garrigan62

1 Like

Sweet brother thanks!

600w Hid is most efficient of the HID family highest lumens per watt I know people who get lb off same light with simple 3’ light mover and the heat is easily managed with a cool tube vented straight in and out of shed. We’ve had some of our warmest days sofar this year this weekend and I needed no adjustments to my fans or lighting to keep temps down in my shed which is surprising

3 Likes

Your shed is insulated @Smokin_ernie
I know @Donaldj insulated his shed very well and has a great exhaust fan set up
You may want to check his shed building thread out to get a few ideas what you can do to make your set up as efficient as possible :+1:

1 Like

Donaldj beat me to it

2 Likes

No the shed is not insulated.

1 Like

Wow that is impressive lb per plant? I will check out your shed thread and I am sure I will have questions. Thanks

1 Like

lol I am running 315w LEC’s which are HID but a very different spectrum and getting me around 6oz per light per month :wink:

4 Likes