Genetics. What to call my weed

If you could humor me on this matter that’d be great lol. Awhile back I bought some Candy Jack, from a reputable dispensary that tests their weed and stuff. And like all weed these days it was seedless. So in a random way I found a tiny cluster of 5 seeds in the bag. I planted them. In the future if I was, in theory, to sell this weed as a caregiver would I be able to say it’s “Candy Jack?” Because I figure there’s only two possibilities. 1. It’s Candy Jack. 2. It’s half Candy Jack and half something else. However, I figure the chances are a lot higher it’s pure Candy Jack because even though there could of been some random pollination from a neighboring plant of a different strain isn’t it much more likely the plant developed seeds on it’s own towards the end of its life cycle or self pollinated itself from a random hermie male flower? The seeds in question all grew and were all female, which supports my theory it self pollinated.
But it occurs to me that just the possibility it’s not 100% Candy Jack, however remote, means I can’t with certainty label the strain. Or can I identify it another way? Or could I tell by comparing what I grew to the pot I took the seeds from, just by tasting the two? There must be a way to identify? or no?

2 Likes

You could always call it Candy. @Joseph49
Or what ever you like
It’s yours after all

1 Like

Hillbilly103 , call it what you want but the genetics are one generation. The strain most likely is 90%+ candy jack and each seed will continue to become more candy jack unless pollinated 5x or so with a father to brcome 60/40 or 70/30…
but the 5 seeds I hope are viable and name those 5 whatever you like but chances are self pollinated hermie IMO…

2 Likes

Thanks.
I know I can call it what I want, it’s just that as medicine I wouldn’t want to bring it to people and say This is X when in fact it’s not exactly X. The reason for the precision here would be to establish product accuracy with a dispensary. So that they and I know what it is I have an excess of here.

Anyway thanks. I’m guessing it’s close enough. Candy Jack. Yes the seeds are viable the plants are flowering.

I see you want to be honest and accurate about what you have. In that vein, it’s bag seed. All you can claim for certain is that it’s marijuana.

Because you don’t know it’s history, you can’t make any other claims at all. For all you know the seeds came from another batch altogether and got mixed in there on someone’s processing table.

Hopefully, it turns out good. Grow a few generations and give it a name.

1 Like

No. As I’m pulling apart a large sized potent bud and pressing it through the strainer I discover bag seed, or in this instance what I would call seed with great genetics. It didn’t come from anywhere else.

@Joseph49 I have about 50 seeds all came from medicine purchased from a dispensary. Its bag seed! But to save a lot of back and forth here I am going to tell you what you want to hear. My seeds are bag seed but yours definitely are candy jack. You wanna hear what you wanna hear and nothing else will be satisfying to your ears. Your not sure of the genetics if you have to ask what it is, therefore its what?

2 Likes

Hmm maybe. You mean like maybe I just wanted to confirm I was right, and less talking on my part more listening, with an open mind would be better.