Free CO2 generator

Brew beer. Yeasts convert sugars to alcohol, and the byproduct is CO2 in non lethal doses. Plus, then you have home brewed beer and home grown cannabis. The only inconsistency is the cannabis likes it warm and fermentation likes it cold. I wrap wet towels around my fermentor (in the garage) so the evaporation cools it down, which adds humidity to the room.

3 Likes

you just can’t get better than buds and beer!! unless you add wine and whiskey! lol

I agree that venting an appliance would be more risk than I would care to take. I think that using carbonated water directly to the roots would be worth looking into. At $0.80 per two liters once or twice a week seems cheap enough for experimentation.

Roots need oxygen , not co2… :wink:
Plant leafs use co2… :wink:

:v: :sunglasses:

3 Likes

I figured you’re the guy to ask on this given your HVAC experience.

I’m planning on tying my exhaust vent from my tent to my hot water exhaust vent, which vents outside. I have a 4" wye fitting ordered as I’m afraid a “T” fitting my cause backpressure to the tank, thus, defeating the purpose and creating a dangerous situation. The tie-in will be a good 20 feet from the tank and the wye will be positioned so the airflow will be directed away from the hot water tank. Does this seem safe to you?

@SilentHippie yes you can connect the exhaust up to chimney they sell y connectors that are designed to direc flow of exhast gases of multiple peaces of equipment
Make sure you give at least 2 feet between top of water and where you place the y connection

2 Likes

:+1: thanks man. I thought so but better to get it from the expert!

Any time just don’t try doing what was described at beginning of this thread please

Oh yeah definitely not a good idea.

It’s not free, but it’s pretty darned cheap: I wanted just one shot of high CO2 to fumigate my Northern Lights plant in veg state to kill aphids. I use a 3 foot by 3 foot shower as my grow closet. So I got 140 grams of dry ice and put it on an upside down pot. With the vents totally sealed and one CFL for light, I ran a fan to evaporate the dry ice and mix the air. Left it for a couple of hours and then unsealed the vents to blow it outside. Killed all pests and the plant was fine. Have not seen a single pest since. Now one week to harvest and she’s beautiful.

4 Likes

@1BigFella that will work and is much safer than what was described in the beginning of this threadthanks fir sharing tho
Happy growing :v: :cowboy_hat_face: CB

1 Like

No good for long term CO2 boosting. Much more expensive than tanks, etc. But great for a one-shot fumigation. Also not practical if you are not using a small grow room or tent you can seal.