Free CO2 generator

Yeah you can get them on Amazon @Nug-bug
Shearch Co2 bags :briefcase:
You hang them above your lights /plants add water and they emit co2
I never used them an have found most of us don’t need it

4 Likes

i have not tried the bags,but heard they work well…
i got some pads that you just spray with water and they omit co2… i got them from dealzer but amazon probably has them cheaper…or walmart try there too @Nug-bug

1 Like

Thanks fellers

I’m sure they work on the same principle @BIGE
I used to do the dyi thing

2 Likes

yea i have a recipe using yeast…it works but i’m leary…when i get a room in my shop to grow maybe more co2… while i’m in the house i’m not going to worry so much.

1 Like

I would highly recommend not routing an appliance to your grow not only because of the health concerns produced, but you will also be spraying your ladies with sulfur at all times as it is the primary addative to both natural and propane gasses and is the exact reason why you get gas appliances cleaned because it crustaceans white, clogs the piping and censors and then drops airborne, so blowing it directly into your tent you will 100% be dousing your girls in sulfur. just a though for you.

I will only add this to the conversation just because it’s my two cents and I would hope that all of you guys can learn something… I agree that what @ProctorPot said was a very bad idea to vent your water heater into your growing space… but I would also encourage you all to read up on propane CO2 generators and gas CO2 generators … because somebody had mentioned the difference between carbon monoxide and carbon dioxide and that is true , but you must also understand the way those systems are designed is so that they burn efficiently and that’s what determines whether you’re making carbon monoxide or carbon dioxide …its because of the way that the gas is being burnt and how efficiently it’s being burnt … so I would just encourage all of you to do your investigation into this to better understand the opportunities of using such a device… because it does work in a closed system and very efficiently… I use something very similar in a 12x16 flower room , but don’t want to encourage anything that could be potentially hazardous…
Much love and respect to all you guy’s and gal’s… be safe… :wink:

:v: :sunglasses:

2 Likes

With proper equipment @peachfuzz I’m on board as I did try to explain earlier they are designed for that and are safe to use I mentioned that there’s a difference in the two gassses thanks for further explaining it
Also Thanks for jumping in to the conversation
As I stated earlier there are many safe ways to provide co2 to your grow if you feel the need to introduce it to your tent room green house whatever but as @peachfuzz stated do the research first
Thanks bro :v::grin:CB

3 Likes

I hope he did not do that. they vent that out side for a reason.

2 Likes

@bud123 I hope not as well lol and hope nobody try’s this

1 Like

@Countryboyjvd1971 I’m going to need your help and advice when my new tent comes in, I’m trying to get my basement temps down and I was thinking of buying a decent portable AC unit. How many BTU’s should I be looking for to do a 30x30 basement? Also, I have 2 Gorilla Glues sprouted in my veg tent!!

:v::evergreen_tree::evergreen_tree:

4 Likes

@ktreez420 your looking at 18000 btus for the square footage but since it’s a basement and you won’t have the heat load from outdoors I’m sure you could go with a 12000 btu which will be the largest portable unit they make for residential
I have a friedrich portable for my basement grow
It has two tube for the condensor air one intake and one exhaust which is the way to go the single tube one steal air from room and use that to cool hot coil then throw it out side thru exhaust which is not efficient
I can’t find a picture of it right now but I’ll get one tonight for you brother
Just looking ok into a dual tube type portable which ever brand you go for
You can hit me up if you have questions brother anytime FYI text text text text lol
Happy growing kiddo talk soon
Woohoo on the Gorilla :gorilla: Glue
Post pics and tag me brother or send me a few off line lol

4 Likes

Depending on humidity levels in the basement, you might be better off using a good dehumidifier. It should cool the air by removing the humidity.
And I would see if there is a way to naturally increase the air flow circulating around your basement. You might also be better off just pulling air out of the basement using a tiny, inexpensive in line exhaust fan positioned to exhaust out a clothes dryer vent type fixture, using flexible duct work. Everything I just mentioned will help with Co2 circulation as well.

1 Like

I have a dehumidifier, it only makes the basement hotter lol

I also have a 6" exhaust vent that is pulling air out of the basement too

:v::evergreen_tree::evergreen_tree:

Then I would try the incognito dryer vent exhaust thing.

Sounds like a job for a window a/c on floor above grow area with duct work dumping cold air into the basement. I have done it don’t laugh.
Or get out your parents basement already! Just joking :sweat_smile:

@sirflingspoo a dehumidifier will heat up the room because of the way they are designed your room temp will get warmer the longer it runs

1 Like

Assuming proper incoming/outgoing air flow is acheived, is only when a dehumidifier is a benefit. I apologize, I should have mentioned that. As fresh in coming air is a must for cannabis as well as exhausting out the oxygen rich air.

No need to apologize @sirflingspoo I do run a dehumidifier in my basement and maintain a 55% rh
But as the weather warms so does my basement temps and the more humidity there is the longer it runs or runs more often my temps even on a 90 day don’t get over 80 in grow room so I only need my Ac a few days a year at most my basement would stay at 60-65 if not for the dehumidifier but then my basement would be 80% rh
But thanks for your input

I AM NOT RECOMMENDING OR SUGGESTING ANYONE DO THIS

The only way a propane or gasoline fueled exhaust will produce Co2 is the use of a catalyst

I AM NOT RECOMMENDING ANYONE DO THIS

The way propane gas or gasoline for mater produces Co2 is through the use of a catalyst :i.e. A catalytic converter
A reduction and oxidation reaction occurs inside the device. Carbon monoxide (CO) in converted to carbon dioxide (CO2). Nitrogen oxides (NOx) are broken down into nitrogen gas (N2) and oxygen gas (O2). And hydrocarbons (HC) are converted into carbon dioxide (CO2) and water (H2O).

2 Likes