Found this bug lurking, need help identifying

Just wondering if this bug is beneficial or just a pest

1 Like

looks like some sort of grass hopper or cricket, if it is, I do believe they eat plants… But please wait for more opinions…

I kill all the bugs I see. I might let a lady bug live if one ever made it in, but that’s about it…

1 Like

Found this little guy also, be he’s always welcome. Me and my wife brought some outside plants in because of the hurricane and that’s how they snuck inside.

2 Likes

His mouth looks ready to do some chomping on something green! Id send him back outside to fend for himself.

1 Like

The big green one definitely will eat your plants, the smaller one I don’t know exactly what it is.

1 Like

Ones a grasshopper and either needs to be let outside or killed. Unfortunately probably same for Daddy long legs

1 Like

They will be that wrecked, get the munchies and eat the rest. Probably od on mj. Lol

Second one looks like a stick insect. First a grass hopper.

1 Like

@Mrcrabs I would kill the grass hopper for sure he will eat the leaves if left alone
The second is a praying mantis @TheDuke they are welcome cause they eat other bugs
Not your leaves :+1: As @Mrcrabs knows lol
I am considering buying praying mantis eggs and placing the around the yard it order to help control the bug population on my property
We have been over run with the grass hoppers this year as well as all the other normal pests
:cowboy_hat_face: :v: CB

6 Likes

they eat other bugs, I say let her hang out … the praying mantis, not the little brown bug they are a leaf eater.

4 Likes

I let the grasshopper out since it was a little bigger than the praying mantis, it had no interest in it since there’s easier insects to pick off. Great idea @Countryboyjvd1971!!

3 Likes