For all of those who enjoy helping beginners grow, I am currently attempting my first grow and thought I'd post it on here for outer perspective!

@MiracleGro I only trim if their going to die off. I usually tuck the fan leaves under bud sites. As the plant matures, the buds eventually rise above the tucked site and becomes maintenance free.

3 Likes

Definately good to know I was tucking most of them to this point but didnā€™t know-how big deal it was to just cut them. But tucking sounds better! Thank you @Covertgrower

2 Likes

@MiracleGro anytime. Here to help. All out of likes as usualā€¦ unlimited likes would be niceā€¦

I agree, tucking way better. Picture your leaves as the solar panels that power your plant. Thatā€™s what they are, so leave them be leaves lol.

How do you water? To runoff phā€™d to around 6.5?

1 Like

Just tested the runoff ph with the GH liquid tester and it came out looking like it was right in the ballpark of 6.8/6.9. looked just slightly close to 7.0 than 6.5. do i hit the panic button yet? haha jk.

1 Like

I wouldnā€™t think so. I was asking more or less if you typically watered to runoff, and thought Iā€™d make sure you were using phā€™d water while I was at it.

haha gotcha. i do try and usually water till a little runoff. ph looked the same before and after.

1 Like

You should be good then, not really sure why your tds seems a little high. I wouldnā€™t wore about it too much. Normally itā€™s a good idea to flush before flowering with the ff stuff. I would make sure to do that before feeding transitional nutes. Otherwise I wouldnā€™t go about trying to fix anything thatā€™s not broken.

1 Like

Hi folks! Just got back from being out of town for Christmas and was anxious to come home to my baby girl the whole time. Here is day 47 and the observation I have! : also noting that I am on day 3 with the plant under the newly received mars hydro 600 !!! Yay.

Humidity: 30% (kinda low)
Runoff ppm : 1950
Temp: 72-75 F
Runoff ph: ~6.0- 6.1

Excited to watch the growth under the new light. Humidity tends to be pretty low so I keep putting a container of water within the tent. Noticed it has been capturing a couple fruit fly looking bugs. I hope those donā€™t get too bad. Still hoping Iā€™ll know when the time is right to apply my scrog net. It doesnā€™t look like itā€™s ready for it yet Iā€™m assuming anytime right before I begin flowering is what Iā€™ve seen. Almost week 7 and have still held off on adding the Gen Hydroponics Flora Grow/micro/bloom nutrients. Feel like the ppm is still above avg from the FFOF soil.

The picture was taken after I retucked all the bigger leaves under top growth sites again so definately continuing that.

Happy Growing!!

@bob31 @dbrn32 @Covertgrower @anyone else who likes ganja

5 Likes

All out of likes, Iā€™ll catch those up later. @MiracleGro very nice! That lower humidity will be helpful when you get to flowering sometime!

1 Like

Hello guys@ finally got a current update here! Hereā€™s a look at the girl at day 54.

So just about 2 months of veg nowā€¦ the plant is really hesitating right around 12 inches tall now for the last month and I believe I did a little over training with her and may have stunted her growth a bit snd overloaded with shoots. Anywho I thought that was s good time to do some trimming and attempt to make some clones which I did as you can see in the 2nd picture. Also noticing some tips and some main parts of some leaves start yellowing either from the light burn or maybe nutrients. ā€¦ got the mars 600 and had it 24" above the canopy and moved that s little higher now. TdS meter read 1940 ppm on my last feed and just recently used my first dose of nutrients with her earlier this week( a light amount ) . Runoff ph read 6.0 to 6.1. Definately assuming itā€™s just light burn though. Besides that, after cleaning her up a bit and trimming her , and moving the light up a little, she still looks pretty good so hoping to keep her going!! Thanks and happy growing!
@bob31 @dbrn32 @Covertgrower @70sChick @Caosred

6 Likes

@MiracleGro she looks good. Canā€™t see the burn youā€™re talking about under the lighting. But could be nutrient burn. Iā€™m guilty of that often. Itā€™s usually just the tips. Light burn is usually the whole leaf.

1 Like

@Covertgrower @dbrn32 So hereā€™s another picture I just took and am a little concerned now as itā€™s gotten a littken worse still. All the lighter shades you see in the picture is actually yellowing and thereā€™s even one leaf (the one almost touching the soil prong) thatā€™s pretty much dead and itā€™s definately occurring on the whole parts of the leaves. Still only a few leaves affected badly. I just raised the light almost as high as it can go now at 38" above. Other points to make: avg temp has been little high at around 80Ā° so Iā€™ve opened the tent up often to let heat out, but in doing so , the Humidity plummets down to anywhere from 17 -30% averaging around 25%, Iā€™ve misted more often because of that. Iā€™ve only added nutrients (genHydro flora trio) one time in her 8 weeks and at 1/4th the suggested concentration. (Maybe a lack of nutrients??). Iā€™m still thinking itā€™s light burn cause of the whole leaves and I suppose I should have assumed 24" was still a little close.

Hereā€™s another one in more natural lighting:

I wouldnā€™t call either of those pictures natural lighting I can see you are having some issues but itā€™s difficult to tell from those pics.

What are you spraying the plant with and when are you spraying it?

For whatever reason leaves on soil always end up looking yucky, so donā€™t get as concerned with that. But yellowing leaves is usually a sign of nitrogen deficiency. 60 days old is probably twice as long as the average person goes without feeding in ocean forest, so that makes sense right? The last time we talked your ppm levels were a little high if I remember. And youā€™re watering with ph 6.5 and runoff is like 6.0-6.1?

1 Like

@MiracleGro maybe a support ticket would be good here and better lighting please. With the better lighting, we would be able to tell if it was light burn, or another issue. Like @dbrn32 was saying, the leaves on the bottom do tend to yellow an die off naturally. What is your feeding schedule like?

Definately see that now the led from the tent still overpowered the white light I put it under(still shouldnā€™t have noted it being natural I know) Iā€™ll get a better one up after work. ā€¦ the ppm was higher earlier.(2900) On the last watering yesterday , runoff ppm read 1940 ppm and runoff ph was 6.0. Iā€™ve been misting 2-3 times a day with filtered tap water. Light was 24" noe set at 38". Perhaps it is a little nitro deficient. Little hints a grey is also mixed in with the yellowing on the leaves. Iā€™ll forsure get a better picture up today.

Thanks guys!

1 Like

If youā€™re going to mist youā€™re plants only do it right after the lights go out. The light will actually cause the little droplets to burn your leaves.

I canā€™t wrap my head around how your ppm is that high this far in with no feeding. @Covertgrower do you have the support ticket copied somewhere that you can put it in? If not Iā€™ll go track it down.

@MiracleGro @dbrn32
COPY/PASTE: This ā€œSupport Ticketā€ into your forum post.
Answer these simple questions the best you can.
If you do not know, or do not use something; Just say so = NA
Strain; Type, Bag seed, ILGMā€¦ name of strain:

Age from Sprout:
Soil in pots, Hydroponic, or Coco / Brand and type of Soil & Size of Pots:
How often do you water and how do you determine when to do so?
PH of water and runoff or solution in reservoir:

What is strength of nutrient mix? EC, or TDS:
Indoor or Outdoor:
Light system, size and height from plants:
Temps; Day, Night:

Humidity; Day, Night:

Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size:

AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier:

Co2; Yes, No:
Add anything else you feel would help us give you a most informed answer. Feel free to elaborate, but short, to the point questions and facts will help us help you

1 Like

Strain; Type, Bag seed, ILGMā€¦ name of strain: Bear Dance

Age from Sprout: 8 weeks since bought clone.

Soil in pots, Hydroponic, or Coco / Brand and type of Soil & Size of Pots: Fox farms Ocean forest soil.

How often do you water and how do you determine when to do so?
2-3 times per week depending on dryness of soil.
PH of water and runoff or solution in reservoir: PH of water : ~7.0. Runoff: ~6.0

What is strength of nutrient mix? EC, or TDS:
only miniscule amounts of nutes so far. Runoff ppm ~1750 ppm with water only (no added nutes).

Indoor or Outdoor: Indoor grow tent

Light system, size and height from plants: mars hydro 600 about 36" above canopy

Temps; Day, Night: 70Ā°-82Ā°

Humidity; Day, Night: 20-30% (real dry where I live now) we talked about mistingā€¦ Iā€™m starting to think that idea proposal is more realistic now since I have been misting multiple time per day with the light on and wasnā€™t aware that could cause harm.
Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size: no carbon filter. Just a 8" fan in the tent.

AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier: a tiny miniscule portable humidifier that hardly makes a difference. So no.

Co2; Yes, No: No extra CO2 supplementation.

@dbrn32 @Covertgrower thank you guys again for being so attentive and helpful.

Hereā€™s another picture as I promised with better lighting. However I cut 2 bad leaves off before remembering to take another pic ā€¦ but u can still see some bad leaves in the lower corners if you look closely. ( sorry about that). The 2 I cut off looked practically dead. I did skip misting for the first time today and did notice it didnā€™t get a lot worse like the other days so I like that theoryā€¦ but still canā€™t be sure maybe putting the light up still helped a bit. Anyway itā€™s only been one night so hope she stays Greeeen!

5 Likes

@MiracleGro I think the combination of raising the light and not misting has really helped. I think if you just pay careful attention to the moisture in your soil, and just water more often youā€™d be ok instead of misting. If you do mist, make sure itā€™s a few minutes before lights out. Thanks for the natural lighting much better. Iā€™m concerned with you ph being a bit high at 7.0. If your run off is at 6.0, I would start watering at 6.5. It sounds like the ph is on the way back up from an unknown number and may also have contributed to the yellowing because it wasnā€™t absorbing all of the nutrients properly. Whatā€™s your thoughts on that @dbrn32?

3 Likes