For a Retired Nurse

They were going great guns out of the gate but now they’ve just stopped!

Pamela
Heir to the Throne

Working on their roots,that’s why they’ve stalled

1 Like

I’m with @Nug-bug probably just build that nice root system below :+1:

That’s encouraging, thank you!

1 Like

Is there an approved way to exchange personal contact info? If we’re close enough I’d like to get some one to one. I don’t have a green thumb but I really want this to work. Trouble is I live in the country; so, critters are everywhere! How to keep them out of my seedlings has been rough.

1 Like

No approved way on this site @PHamm

@Countryboyjvd1971 So no way to PM either?

1 Like

Unfortunately not the moderators are the only who can send a Pm to us
Sorry @PHamm

Ok, no problem. Thank you.
I want to repost this here because this is where I’ve been getting info & you guys know what’s been going on w my seedlings. If it needs to be reposted elsewhere that’s fine. I’m not quite sure how to use these posts yet.

Came home tonight to hot house (on day13 of no AC moved my tiny aero garden into bedroom w me where air & humidity is less &temp around 76degrees w portable AC), ant invasion & tiny white worms I think ate one of my sprouts. I didn’t take a picture because I was so mad I smashed them all (@ least 6) but they were about 1cm long & my tiny root was gone from the seed pod, what were they & how did they get there? The seed was still under humidity/sprout dome tightly sealed. Any clue? @Hogmaster @Onlythebest79 @Myfriendis410 @peachfuzz @Oldstoner ldstoner @Nug-bug, @GetbackJoJo

1 Like

With the aero garden I would think you would be safe from bugs ? I’ve never seen that before with mine
Best would to take a picture next time if they return
@PHamm
Good luck figuring this out ? I’m at a loose

2 Likes

Sounds like oily natt larva… I don’t think ants will eat the plants , just the critters and the critter baby’s… not sure how they were able to get into your arrow thingy… if you can take some pics of your set up , it would help us to figure out how this happened and maybe we can stop it from happening again… :wink:
Remember that you want to keep everything as sterile as possible when your plants are young and starting out… that’s when there the most susceptible to be harmed… :wink:

:v: :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Where they in soil of some type? @PHamm If they were they probably were already in the soil.

2 Likes

My thoughts precisely @bob31

2 Likes

Agreed on them being in the soil I use fox farms soil and have a issue everytime with one critter or another in the soil ( Usually knat larvae) I have gotten to where this last time when I found what I think was spider mites when I opened it up. I empty it into a big black plastic garbage bag dump some DE. In shake it up let as much air as possible tie it tight and leave it in the hot sun for a couple of days and have had good luck so far . @Hogmaster @Majiktoker @latewood would know if this will be a permanent fix or not but so far so good for my tent

4 Likes

Not sure how they could of got there besides coming in the medium or being tracked in what are they with no picture its hard to think of what they could be.

DE should be able to take care of that problem and kill the pests

2 Likes

No, in coco pellet medium

If you still have that medium dump some into a cup and do what you did to the seeds (without the seeds) and see if any bugs appear in it. @PHamm

1 Like

They’re baaaack!

@Hogmaster @peachfuzz @Nug-bug @Laurap @bob31 @Majiktoker @Oldstoner @Countryboyjvd1971 @Onlythebest79 @Myfriendis410

What are we looking at here?

Teeny tiny white worms middle right. Second time found in same pot. First time was a day or so ago & I think they ate the root on my seed because it’s empty. I’ve removed it & put some boric acid on it. So far they haven’t come back.