FloridaSon's B.S. grow moved outside

I would love to come kill a hog and eat it, that’s some of the best meat I ever tasted!

:v::evergreen_tree::evergreen_tree:

Stop by on your way down there and we’ll burn something down by the river. :wink:

1 Like

Sounds like a plan. We may never meet personally and that’s ok. It is and isn’t a matter of trust for us and our wives as well. Everyone stays safe. Question. My secondaries are coming out nicely and plentiful. Should I or should I not pinch the centers of every Y that comes forth? I desire as many colas on this particular plant as possible. Or should I just let the 2ndaries growth out to maximum and do nothing but feed it.

1 Like

To get a lot of colas you would be better off doing a screen. While topping will give you more tops, it will also give you smaller colas.

More and smaller or less and bigger unless you screen…

1 Like

Door is always open to my extended family @ ILGM members. God knows I could use the pest and varmit control. Next time you are in Florida look me up. Just 45 minutes from Disney.

2 Likes

My uncle lives in Orlando and we’re actually planning on visiting him this year (my girlfriend and I). I will definitely hit you up dude!

That’s awesome. aka Maximus Indica. Will show you some of the BEST Florida had to offer. Help me with a quick run down on a hydro set up when you get the time and chance please.

Ok so when you say hydro setup, what’re you thinking here? DWC or RDWC? How many plants are you looking to grow? How much space are you working with?

Your simplest hydro setup is a DWC bucket setup. 3-5 gallon bucket, a net pot, hydroton/rock, air stone, air pump, air hose. So very simple to set up, and extremely easy to run and maintain in my opinion. This setup is only really good for a couple plants though, or for growing multiple strains hydroponically.

If you’re looking to grow multiple plants of the same strain hydroponically, I would recommend a RDWC setup. Which is the same concept, except all the buckets would be connected and have a main reservoir that pumps to the connected buckets with plants. Not good for growing multiple strains at once though.

1 Like

That is the #1 problem for outside grows in TX, the HOGS and they are big ones. I have gone out and killed 50 in one day with a group of us and the next weekend there were as many as before we started killing them. My friend has 120 plants outside and the hogs are his biggest problems. He paid me to kill them for him the last three years. Kinda nice to get a quarter pound of weed for free and good shooting practice for deer season ! !

I love killing those damn pigs but one of my friends got kinda mauled by one once. Really tore his leg up. We took deer stands out two years ago and shot from the stand. We baited them and killed two huge wagon loads of them in two days. He dug a grave with the backhoe and we buried most of them. Did stick one on a spit and finished him off personally !

Never really talked much about his grows as he is kind of secretive about his grows. Guess that is why he has never gotten busted for growing. He grows some great cannabis.

1 Like

Whats the difference between DWC and RDWC? What does it stand for. One last question what is Hydroton? I guess I can buy that at Lowes or Home Depot. I have a lot of aquariums with pumps and stones. I guess I will be need some nutrients. Wonder will my ph up /down for aquariums will work on my girls as well till I get the water right B4 adding them. Much respect bro.

Its driving me crazy.
I mean the hogs, multiply like cats, rabbits, and cockroaches. I tried putting down hair, and piss for territory reasons. It sucks when your girls are knee high or taller and rooted up, broke main stems. Last year almost 200 plants was just torn to shreds. I scouted an area that didn’t have sign of hogs for this years grow. I guess I have to grow hydro and bucket in the trees this year while season is still early. Nothing smells better and worse than decaying hogs. I used to drive big truck for J.B. Hunt and hit 2 just outside of FT. Stockton. Need less to say I didn’t go no where for about 15 hours.
I know your Mule deer is massive. Saw many trophys in Tx. Thanks for sharing Semper Fi.

1 Like

Deep water culture and recirculating deep water culture. RDWC has one tank that feeds all the buckets while DWC is a fully self contained unit.

Hydroton is expanded clay pellets that are placed in a basket to hold the plant. From my understanding, the pellets are a great medium for hydro because there aren’t any fine particles to clog up the system.

By the way, we’re not allowed to post our email address for our own security here…

2 Likes

Appreciate the heads up on the info. Don’t know my way around the site to delete the post with the my email addy. Florida Son my info is extended to you if need be. Steer me in the right direction as to how to delete the post. lol seriously. Cant find the post.

ok I believe I deleted the info. Just curious I soaked 8 beans for 24 hours in warm water for the first time. 4 sunk to the bottom and 4 floated. Does this mean 4 is dead and wont sprout? If this is the case, I’m cool with it, and wont ask for a replacement. After all ILGM was decent enough to do a reship after customs confiscated my original order. Just curious about the floaters for future reasons. I always germinated in wet paper towels. I figured I better follow their instructions to germinate their seeds.

No it doesn’t necessarily mean they’re dead at all, you’ll still want to plant them like you would any other seed because they will probably still sprout for you!

I imagine if you push the floaters, they’ll go ahead and sink. Mine usually do. Once they soak I plant them and haven’t had any problems with sprouts.

Sucks that the feds took your seeds. I haven’t had that issue yet, thank God! ILGM has a great reputation on getting quality seeds to us! You’re another fine example of why.

1 Like

Answered him while I was typing! Lol

I’m around 30mins East of I-75 if you want to take a detour.

2 Likes

Oh trust me, I want to stop by and visit all you guys in Florida when I come down @FloridaSon! We should all get together and do something, that would be awesome!

I’d be willing to meet at Weeki Wachee for a group meeting. It’s closer to Orlando and Lakeland than where I am, but the wife has mentioned making the trip. We don’t travel very far, and only at sparse occasions.

I’m not really into large crowds, so we’ll HAVE to find a good smoke spot! :imp:

I’m ok with limited visitors, so a couple people at a time are acceptable at home. Of course, most that I know of here would probably do well as a group for a while. :imp:

Let me know a time and I’ll show you our little swimming hole on the river…

1 Like

Awesome that’s what I want to hear. Appreciate all that I can glean from peoples exp. Errors are the best teachers. Now how high should I have my water level in the buckets, please bear in mind I am uneducated in this area. When it comes time to place my seedlings should the roots be IN the water, or should the water bubble upon the roots?