FloridaSon's B.S. grow moved outside

No problem with them. Just reminded me of his description, so I figured I’d see. Not seeing any damage from them, I let them carry on.

In my opinion, outdoor plants have the ability to produce more per plant. I’ve yet to match the density of indoor buds, but with what I’ve learned here I’m thinking I can get close now.

The yields are why many indoor growers would like to be able to grow outside. Not to mention, we still can’t artificially match the Sun.

We have more obstacles in nature, but we also have everything the plant needs. What the plant has thrived in for thousands of years.

I could live in a sealed environment, but I have to go outside to thrive in this life…

7 Likes

Well said @FloridaSon
I think most of us would grow outdoors if we knew we could without getting in trouble
That said I will still put a plant or two out and take my chances with the :police_car:
Have you ever tried and out door scrog grow ? Was thinking about it when I can put my plant out it would help me keep it low and might help me stay under the radar

I haven’t yet, but I plan on doing a few this year for the first time. Definitely the Sour Diesel and Amnesia Haze! I’m still undecided about the Chocolope.

Once I have some established clones, I’ll get a screen set up. I’ve already found the 2x4 field fence to use for them out back. At least I can savage a little of all the trash they left behind for us to clean up. :rage::wink:

The clones are already cut. Everything is looking ok except for one Amnesia Haze…

Losing some will suck, but not really a big deal. It’s early in the season and I have plenty of time to do more.

I tried something different this time by incorporating honey into the process. I added about a tablespoon to 2 cups of water with a half cup of milk. The final cut of the stem was done in this solution. Oh, a drop or two of Superthrive as well for stress.

Before placing them in the soil, a mixture of Ocean Forest and Happy Frog with added perlite, I dipped the stem in honey and wiped off the excess.

We had a nice storm come through. After the downpour was done I placed them out in the light showers that lasted the rest of the day. The next day was overcast also, so I left them out in the open. I’ve misted with plain rain water multiple times during the day. Today is the third day for them.

I may have to bring them inside tonight since we are expecting night temps to hit the 40s again after this cold front.

3 Likes

I thought of some of the techniques the indoor growers do for yield. Figured I will apply to a few of my out door grows. Some I wont even touch such as far as pruning and clipping, but will always do LST. Main lining is coming up often don’t know squat about it. Something that I have to research to see if it may be for my girls or not. Honestly as far as indoors, a gram per watt, major impressive but with a big cost for a high end yield, that can be almost unlimited with a good generator and the right lights. People get caught by a sudden rapid rise in their power bill. Generators saves some major bucks and BS. However knowing where and when to cut can lead to many colas instead of 1 massive cola. Growing is an delicate art, that can be mastered.

2 Likes

a friendly reminder john

3 Likes

Aw mannn…I wish I was taking pic outside barefoot
Soon enough I suppose, soon enough.
I have yet to hear a cheaper cost per gram argument that beats the one for growing outside and using all the yield boosting techniques and developments both indoor and outdoor growers have contributed in the past couple of decades.

2 Likes

To finish with my anger over this grow I’ll show y’all what I fear is going to ruin my outdoor crop this year.

The end result of B.S.5…

My son borrowed the scale, but I’d be lucky if it weighs even 7 grams of premature bud. That’s a pint jar above with plenty of room left inside! :confounded:

Now for my rage…

Do you see that?!?!

It’s hard for me to believe this is from cold stress. I think there’s a male within range!!:rage:

Idiots…

1 Like

i wonder what kind of male? @FloridaSon bad about the seeds,but it could turn out good! lol plant em and see!

1 Like

you’re doing some serious cloning @FloridaSon,looking good man!

1 Like

Lol…yeah, you caught that. I didn’t realize it until you said something.

I wear the bare minimum allowed by law! I’ve always hated clothes and shoes. Another good reason for me to live in Florida. :imp:

4 Likes

The finishing part of my rage was the seeds going into the burn pile. I’ve just ordered 10 Crystal fem seeds from ILGM. Just waiting for them to ship.

I was going to take advantage of the White Widow special, but decided to go with the 25% THC. I’m sure I’ll enjoy what I flower inside, but I’m losing confidence in how my outdoor harvest will end. I have several family members on the watch.

1 Like

Grrrrr show him to me @FloridaSon you know how I do when I see a male in the garden :smiling_imp::imp::smiling_imp:
Bonus you have more seeds to plant :blush::+1:
I think I’m going to try as well with the outdoors scrog I also salvaged a roll of the fence on my property as well
The previous owners had stuff every where
I have been slowly getting rid of stuff and will have scrap metal guy in soon ,to clear all that ups

1 Like

Yeah I just ended up getting some silver haze and some half off goldleaf spent $200 I have hope for your outdoor grow anything you got a whole hell of a lot more seeds For more plants

1 Like

I got the gold leaf deal as well super price and I’m growing ssh now @Hogmaster

1 Like

Hard deals to pass up seeing everyone’s grows makes me a pic of my new selection

1 Like

I guess I’m just spoiled. In 10+ years I’ve only grown 3 seeds out of all my harvests. I had more than that in just one little bud!!

I pride myself on growing sinsemilla. Nothing else satisfies me. That was the whole reason I started growing to begin with. It seems like that’s going to be a problem here.

I really would love to find who caused this and release all this frustration!

5 Likes

I hear you and feel the frustration I was thinking about it and didn’t you have that male plantvfor your brother in law I think it was do you think maybe he did thatvnasty thing to your girl ? @FloridaSon

1 Like

No. What I gave him turned. I had read about males turning female, but that was my first time seeing it. I kept a close eye on that one.

His is the one that let me know we have a problem. I saw the seed in his first since it wasn’t as dense as mine. That was when I took a long hard look at mine.

I think whoever has the male is closer to me than to him. I had at least double the seeds that was in his plant. It’s probably down by the river from someone ditching seeds before a smoke.

I don’t know. I only know I’m pissed right now. I don’t even have something to get me to the F it state of mind! :rage:

Probably another month before my first Blueberry is ready to cut…

1 Like

That suck dude sorry bro

1 Like