First X Strawberry Kush

@EasyE You are gonna love S. kush ! I use it daily for medicine and it is great.

@MBgrower Those plants should give you a huge harvest with Scrog. Take your time and watch the plants, they will tell you a lot. They are on their way now. Let them have a nice healthy veg.

What I usually do now when I am growing, is start looking at the ways to I am going to trim and all about flowering again. I keep all my old journals so I look at my mistakes I have made and try NOT to do them again. I have made my share of mistakes on nutes! The nutes are important in flowering. Then look at drying and curing, A very important part of the grow.

Good Luck on the finish. Jerry

2 Likes

These plants amaze me everyday, the changes from day to day have kept me so intrigued , I know have adopted 4 WW and the difference between the two strains us remarkable , I’m having a great time and seems I’ve found a new hobbie (with great benefits) , hoping my prescription bills will be greatly reduced!!! Thank you for sharing your experiences with me :grin:

MB

“HELP” , I knew it was to good to be true , all has gone to good for my first grow ,it was only a matter of time !!!
About a week ago I saw one of a leave start turning yellow, very little , I have been watching them ALL
The gypsy moths are really bad this year and since my girls are outside I’ve been looking at them a few times a day , they have had a few nibbles here and there !! :angry: but all has been good on that part , I pluck them off when I see them and luckly they haven’t got to eat any more .
Yesterday when I was looking I thought I saw a difference in two of leaves , this morning during one of my daily checks , I was right F***Off the tips of the leave are turned yellow and looked on the Charts and I can’t figure out what is wrong , the leaves are only the bottoms branches , I would really use some expert HELP - Pleaseee :sob:

I have one more picture but I’m having a hard time downloading

Thank You so much in advance,
MB

Here is another picture of one of the leaves

I’m going back to the GUIDES !!!

@MBgrower something is eating them…look closely at the leaves and see if you can find little bugs. I’d dust with food grade Diatomaceous Earth…it kills the bugs…and I’very seen some others on here have issues with pests…they have more tips about this…if I remember where I read it I’ll link it here for you.

So so happy to get a reply , Thank You so much , I’ve been on-line for over an hour reading and going over the symptom charts, guides with no luck …
I know that there are gypsy are bad , I’ve took a few off of my plant’s so I check them over really good a few times a day but I don’t think it’s them …
I’ve read neem oil is good for pest you spray it on , can you please tell me what food grade is ?
I’m old and very NEW to growing

Thank You so Much !!!
MB

1 Like

I’ve been using been oil. We have crazy caterpillars here, but none on my marijuana plants. I spray them once a week.

1 Like

DE is also used for pool filters. You want the garden or food grade DE.

I agree with @Lia I prefer the Neem oil to the DE though. @MBgrower If you can afford both, get both

1 Like

Here is a link https://www.amazon.com/Root-Naturally-Grade-Diatomaceous-Earth/dp/B00R57PIM6/ref=pd_lpo_vtph_86_lp_t_2?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=YEND1YQWK8Q5PWM0TG1Y
Neem oil as well, but I read that the you have to be careful about using it on buds (leaves are ok, but unless someone with more experience says it’seems ok on buds I’don’t be cautious there).

2 Likes

never on the buds! DE ok everywhere! @Sammie76 @MBgrower

1 Like

Thanks for being the voice of experience @bob31
I’may all out of love for another 4 minutes or I’d like your post.

2 Likes

my pleasure @Sammie76 I like helping out, sometimes takes me awhile to catch up, especially in the nice weather. I’m retired but my to do list is never ending! lol

2 Likes

Hi @Lia , Thank you for your help , can you tell me where I can purchase the neem oil and how do YOU use it , I see that you spray the plants with it but does it need to be diluted or can I just pour it into a spray bottle and use it at full strength? The stupid caterpillars are EVERYWHERE !!! :angry:

MB

Thanks again @bob31 , Do I put the Neem oil in a spray bottle , full strength and spray the plants also where do purchase the Oil and DE ? They look better today , no more yellowish leaves but I feel this is going to be on going problem since the STUPID moths are EVERYWHERE !!! These plants are totally fascinating and are going to be HUGE , my girls popped through the soil on April 22nd so they are about 2 months and a week and the lower branches are more than 24 inches , I’m so curious to how big they are going to be since they still have about 2 more months, HOLY MOLY :dizzy_face:

I definitely have my hands full !! 9 plants , What was I thinking ? But I’m having so much fun:heart_eyes:

MB:herb::herb::herb::herb::herb::herb::herb::herb::herb:

Thank You again @Sammie76 for all your help and knowledge , I have got other post about using the Neem oil so I’m going to start with that , no new yellow leaves today but the gypsy moths are EVERYWHERE this year so I’m sure it’s going to be an on going problem. Thank you again !!!

MB:sunglasses:

1 Like

@MBgrower

I bought my neem oil at Lowes. It’s pretty common so just go online and look at websites for nurseries, plant stores, large outlet hardware stores such as Lowe’s that are in your area. You’ll find it in a jiffy.

3 Likes

I bought my neem oil at True Value hardware, I believe. @MBgrower

Also available at big box building stores as @BobWags noted!

Here it is on Amazon

https://www.amazon.com/Bonide-022-Ready-Use-32-Ounce/dp/B007CRG4CW/ref=sr_1_5?tag=greenrel-20

2 Likes

Great journal! Sweet to see your good progress.

1 Like

I have a Home Depot in my area plus other Ace Hardware Stores I’ll pick some up tomorrow, would like t o start asp…
Thanks again my fellow MA friend:slightly_smiling_face:

MB

2 Likes

I got mine at my local garden store, followed the directions on the bottle. I spray the leaves – the tops and underneath each leaf – in the morning so they dry as fast as possible. I wear gloves because it smells NASTY.

3 Likes