First timer looking for some assistance thankyou for your time

I have a 2x2x4 tent with 2 plants. I have topped them, lst, scrog, some defoliation… I am 11 days into bloom I am using 3gal smart pots and I am wondering if it is too late to go to 5gal as I do not want to stress them alot in flower and actually decrease the yield instead of leaving them in the 3gal as they are full and could be transplanted but not sure if it will be worth it… as I did have 5 plants but 3 were males and they got tossed so I have the extra room if it would help any help would be greatly appreaciated… also I have another situation I am considering so I am using 2 300w meizhi leds they do 139w each 10-12in away from tops no issues the temp is at 80 w lights on… now I do have a vivosun dimmable 600w hps that does 250,400w would i get a better yeild with the hps or should I stick with the leds as so far I’m not having any issues…they are rated at 780 umol @ 18in so I figure about 1000 @ 10-12in… also the last 2 days I started using dry ice as It is $2 lb and 2 blocks away only and for a 16cuft room then why not… thankyou for your time reading this and I appreciate your input

1 Like

@Indiva710 just my opinion here but I would not transplant that plant is gonna atlest double in size maybe triple putting her in a bigger pot would only make it worse. The great thing about smart pots is you can grow a bigger plant without root bound and get extra air flow threw the soil. I use the same tent for veg and only 1-2 gal smart pots and get the same size plant , also don’t put that hps in that tent trust me the temps will shoot up over 100f and a 6" Centripetal inline fan didn’t help any with that small of a space stay with cfl or led

2 Likes

I’m assuming you are growing photo plants.
If they have already started flowering I think I would leave them in there current pots. (Just my opinion) I wouldn’t want to stress them out with a transplant.
As far as the light goes I’ve only used an HPS for flowering so I have no comparisson. If you don’t have an exhaust fan that HPS will most likely raise the temp in your tent higher than your current 80 degrees being only a 2x2. I would probably stick with your LED if it were me. again just my opinions I would let others comment as well. :+1:

1 Like

Maybe this is a case for the phrase, “if it aint broke, don’t fix it.”

1 Like

Photo or autoflowering strain? I think the 2 led lights are enough for 2 plants, put them exactly above the plants.

They are photo…im not actually sure what they are as the friend I got the seeds from said they were green crack but who really knows for sure… I have had the hps lights in and it got to 82 but that was also with the door opened 1/4 of the way… I do have a 4in exhaust and carbon filter… my intake fan is two xbox 360 fans taped together so there is 4 fans total for my intake as they only do 27cfm each I believe it was… and I have 3 other of the same fans for above the canopy and I use the intake pointed up a tad for air under neith… I also only have been running the exhaust when the lights are off when I’m not running dry ice…which the dry ice seems to really be making a huge improvement… my plants are actually 12 days in flower now and they really haven’t stretched much at all maybe 4in tops so far which would be fine with me if they stayed this way as I don’t have too much room left… from what I have read switching to hps will also stress my plants a bit and I do not want to cause any unplanned stress to them…now at the end of the week I am going to flush 6.5ph and next watering do bloom nutes only I have been using fox farms grow and I have g.h flora nova bloom…my last feeding I added 1/4 of the bloom in with my grow as I didn’t want to just switch from one to the other with a flush in between the two and figured it would go a bit more smoothly for the plants and so far I haven’t had any issues with nutes or anything like that. Also thankyou for your input as I wasn’t too sure what I should do exactly and I do already have the 600hps so not like I’m spending money on it and all that it is just a batwing reflector… with 90k lumens and the leds are 7 band with ir does not have uv they are 5&10w leds with single reflectors the company says they do 8188lumens each…with the leds I’m getting 60watts cuft…just would like to get the most out of this crop as like anyone else does…just it being my first grow I am actually trying to do more than just completing the grow…i appreciate your guys help i will send a pic tomarro… as one of my plants is 2 weeks older than the other i started flowering them at the same time and the older one is about in full bloom and the younger one is still switching which is fine just wasn’t sure if it’s cuz the one is older or what as I don’t believe they are the same strain as the younger one has been lighter than the other the entire time anyways and is more sativa

1 Like

What type of pots you are using?

smart pots I bought them so I wouldn’t have to worry about roots having. A dead end with plastic as I wasn’t sure how many females id end up with!
I supercropped them and scrog 7day of flowering
Day 12 of flower
20170816_083140|374x500