First timer again could use some Tricomb clarification (prep for harvest)

Ive got 2-3 that are starting to be close to finishing up should i wait for tricombs to start to amber with 80% pistols red or what am inlooking for to know when

this blue berry auto is close about 50-60% red hairs and tricombs are blue and milky too. Thanks for all the help. @bob31 @Covertgrower @Countryboyjvd1971

4 Likes

If you are looking to the pistils this will help 4751f2f0b7e65694473efb47615b29bb738ead89
Or if you have a magnifier look at the trichomes and this will help

6 Likes

@dowencarson brownish red pistils are the clue to look at the trichomes. How developed the trichomes get is up to you. I go for max cloudy and then I cut them down. Sometimes I get amber trichomes and sometimes I don’t get a lot. Every plant and grow is different.

Try not to harvest too soon. Much of the bud building occurs in the final weeks before harvest. Timing is crucial.

When the pistils are browning it is time to look at the trichomes with a jewelers loupe or magnifier

Here is what to look for

Clear Trichomes are still growing

Milky trichomes are mature

Amber trichomes are past maturity

You need a jewelers loupe or a 30x magnifier minimum. I use a 100x scope!

10 Likes

I’m all out of likes @dowencarson but bob31 and m4ur are correct. It’s a personal preference, on how much amber you want. Personally I’m satisfied with milky. Bob31 makes a really good point, that they really do bulk up the last week before it’s time. So just continue checking on her, and you’ll see it put on just a little bit more weight. I’ve witnessed this myself. I’m sure autos aren’t much different.

4 Likes

^ This right here is solid gold!

4 Likes

Ok ill gove it a few days but her tricomes are cloudy and she is about 60% red pistols now i tried to get better pics

6 Likes

@bob31 @dbrn32 @Covertgrower @M4ur sorry i forgot to tag you guys

1 Like

She still have a lot of white pistils so I will guess you will need to wait at least 2 weeks more.
Trust me it’s worth to wait and harvest when she’s ready… Patience is the key!
PS I harvest 3 times to early :wink::joy::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

Lots of white pistols. She’s just not quite ready yet. A week or two maybe. This is strain depending also. @dowencarson

3 Likes

I’m with others. Wait a bit and reap the rewards.

2 Likes

Yup looks close my blueberry auto is a little further along havesting soon
Let her go to full maturity and invest in a magnifier or mini microscope. It will give you a better idea of whrere you are at
Looks real good man keep up the good work

I have nothing to add except: nice grow! Tasty looking pics.

1 Like

Thanks everyone i love the grow with live soil if u can keep it warm there is no work involved water them with good spring water or rainwater organics go crazy with rain water u fortunately its expensive to buy and since i live in the southern hemi no so much rain but everytime it does now i get me some its like giving the microbials cocane or somthing but here are some pics for yall @Bogleg @M4ur @Covertgrower @dbrn32 @bob31 @Countryboyjvd1971

4 Likes

Im having hell trying to maintane humidity soon as i get paid again ill buy small humidifier but im maxxed out on this circut going to the cellar have a cermic ascelating heater and a big ascilating fan another triple blade window fan big 8in inline pulling in fresh air it is on a variable switch and another inline 4” sucking out i fight hard to get this… @dbrn32 @bob31 @Covertgrower @Bogleg @Countryboyjvd1971

@dowencarson with the RH at 34% that’s what I fought hard to get it down to during flowering. Less humidity the better during flower! (I live in a rainforest) I installed a dehumidifier and it ran 24/7 just to maintain the 35%. If you were vegging I would say get a humidifier. Everything looks good. I’ll send some rain your way! Lol

1 Like

Looks like 35% what are you trying to keep it at? There’s flowers on those plants if I see them right, I wouldn’t be trying to push it too much higher. I’m usually happy with 50% or less and struggle to keep it below that.

1 Like

More pics i love it i smell marijuana in my pasture 150 meters away

4 Likes

Oh well hell i can let it go ut stays at 24% usually that ok too @Covertgrower @dbrn32 @bob31