First time growing auto's , Blueberry & Amnesia Haze?

ok im watching i have some WW auto from here i plan on trying later.

Iā€™ll keep the grow updated , but my main goal is to just grow one and decide which method worked best for me in my ability to grow from seed to harvest . Than Iā€™ll compare all notes and final production , and make a schedule . The fact autoā€™s can finish in a veg tent on 18/6 , and than a DWC try also .

1 Like

an update on my 2 autoā€™s , one blueberry & one amnesia haze . 17 days old waiting for the stretch to start bloom nutrients . Only been foliar spraying around the stem , and light misting under the leaves . They seem to stall , which Iā€™m guessing itā€™s growing under the soil . Maybe in week 4 they will start the stretch .

Learning to feed by ppm will give any grow a very good yield . Adjusting ph is definitely a must do in growing , but learning how to adjust ppm , and control the levels your plants or most genetic strains like to feed , with very intense Lights and Co2 , your yield would be very rewarding .

Just an up date on my auto grow , a Haze & Blueberry . Going in week 4 and they yet started the stretch , So from week 4 - 6 would be the time line of transitioning the nutrient feeding , continuing the Grow at 7.5 ml , and starting Bloom at 2.5 ml per gallon . After the stretch Iā€™ll post another up date .

Going into week 4 with a Haze and Blueberry Auto , this week they should start stretching . Canā€™t wait to see how tall each strain will grow vertical . Considering 16/8 the last three weeks of grow to help build more resin on buds , and 72 hours of darkness once plants trichomes reach half milky , half Amber on the a Haze being more Sativa dominant , and 1/4 Amber and 3/4 cloudy being more Indica dominant . Iā€™ll updat once plants start stretching .

Loving the grow yoshi! Been following with interest since you started the thread.

JtheH Iā€™m actually doin this auto grow in 3/4 coco & 1/4 Fox Farm Ocean Forest mixed with Fox Farm Red bag of original soil . I had 2 seedlings burn in the mixed soil , when I learned some of the micro nutrients in a Fox Farm products can be to strong for seedlings . Now I layer my soil in my pots , most organic fertilizer on bottom about 3 inches , than fill the rest with Botanicare Coco coir mixed with a full bag of perlite to make coco very airy , but I do still used vermiculite in my mix . My aim was to try and schedule an auto grow in DWC first , but due to they veg timing , I decided to do it in coco first . Knowingly coco is almost near the same as DWC . Also , give my opinion on my strategy of growing autos . Itā€™s a great way to keep a grow going through the harsh winter months , learning how to manage more often watering and keeping a consistent PPM through out the grow . This way I can learn on how to maximize in yield for fast growing plant . Just think if you can maximize an auto in a rapid pace grow , than vegging a feminized plant in DWC vegged to fill a scrog screen in Spring will definitely be an awesome yield . My goal is to grow a single plant fully scrogged in a DWC 5 gallon in a small 2x2x5 tent with an XTE 350 Advance Led thatā€™s very powerful in such small space . Both of my last 2 harvest with multiple plants was very crowded , and it was challenging trying to manage strains that stretch almost 3 feet in flower , with short bushy indicaā€™s . Iā€™m sure Iā€™ve could have yielded twice more if I knew what Iā€™ve learned now in growing . 56 Top Cola super scrogged grow is the target .

Hopefully I can learn more vital Intel on how to maximize an auto grow , and also help others as well .

1 Like

Canā€™t believe the foliage growth from last night until this morning ā€¦Wow ! I really think this week , which is week 4 from sprout , threw week 6 I think they will stretch . The fact they in a 3 gallon pot , and from what Iā€™ve read from other threads and journals , the autos should of stretched . But I think the roots are really taking up the space to develop , to put one a 20-30 cm stretch to hold big heavy dense bud weight . It really pays off big time early in your grow you can feed the plants at the right PPM . Doing a coco grow on autos can give the novice grower and beginner the experience for a first time hydro grow in DWC , being that hydro can be very challenging in PPM , PH trying to keep consistent through a full grow cycle . What Iā€™ve learned is not really focused on the weeks plants finish , but yet get the plant to photosynthesize to its maximum levels . Once this becomes a practice , you than in good position to grow a great harvest with lots of weight . But in all honesty , an outside grow will always out perform an inside grow in taste , potency , and weight .

I watered my 2 autoā€™s today from the bottom , meaning I poured one liter in the run-off pan , and calculating how long it will take the plants to absorb the water . Of course it is the same ph & ppm , but it can give you an average of how much water to give plants , without over watering .

Watch the growth from last photo to next photo , itā€™s definitely putting on above and beneath the soil .

they are definitely filling out , but have not started the stretch , I donā€™t think it will be much longer , they are really showing speed in growth . This photo is less than a week from the last photo . Next feeding Iā€™ll add 2.5 ml of bloom to each feeding until I completely transition from grow nutrients to bloom nutrients which normally takes about 3 weeks adding 2.5 ml of bloom and subtracting 2.5 ml of grow .

In my opinion on autoā€™s from what Iā€™m experiencing as of now 30 days in the grow , that I donā€™t think autoā€™s finished in 56 days from seed , but they flower for 56 days . But this could be wrong , in 6 weeks they should be finish , but thatā€™s not how they look right now , unless the flowering is going to rapidly fast . I just donā€™t see that happening .

My autoā€™s are starting to get that purgent smell , which means they are getting ready to stretch . The haze has a nice pre-flower bud starting to bud , and the blueberry is ah lil slower . Iā€™m sure the blueberry will coach up , being that indica usually finish earlier that sativaā€™s . Since my top layer is coco , I might have to start watering more often . Iā€™m not sure of how much the amnesia will stretch , I hope it donā€™t stretch like that widow last grow . Being itā€™s an auto , 5 ft should be plenty room I hope . Iā€™ll post an update look of the two when they wake up . Learning how to adjust PPM can be challenging , but itā€™s definitely worth the reward , also it can help your plants stay nice and green without tips yellowing , and give your plants a great balance for growth . I still struggle trying to adjust PPM because I donā€™t know how much water to add for how many hundreds to lower PPM . But I have to get it dialed in before I start a hydro grow . My flat air stone , and pump has arrived , and that should help pump lots of oxygen in water . Iā€™m still nervous ah little , being that hydro is so sensitive . But the only way to achieve growing in hydro is to give it a try and see if I can manage the skills set to complete a successful grow . My advantage will be that Iā€™m only growing one plant in hydro , so I can focus on EC , and PPM for a scrog grow , which will make my vegging extended to fill the scrog up completely .

Thatā€™s kinda strange with Fox Farm ocean, I always start my seeds in it. Never had a problem. Bring back the old days. Germinate in paper towel. Dig hole , put in seed, water a bit, wait a few months, dry, smoke.
Tom

2 Likes

Iā€™m guessing they growing roots to feed the stretch , but they look good to me . Ph 6.1 , PPM 1250 , next feed Iā€™ll raise ppm 200 and see how they react .

I was thinking these autos would might run extended past the time that was advertised to finish , but now itā€™s possible they might finish on schedule . The stalk has double in mass , and the nodes are starting to space since last photo update . The Amnesia Haze plant has a very strong purgent smell , and not so much from the blueberry just yet for as smell , but the blueberry seems to be now outdoing the amnesia . At first it seem ah little boring not seeing much growth the first four weeks , but now Iā€™m anticipating this stretch . For as me personally I donā€™t like a crowded grow , where plants are competing for space . But Iā€™m hoping it donā€™t happen again like my last run , when the widow took off and out growed my Kush and almost made me decide to just let one suffer . Hopefully they will both stretch and not over crowd each other , than that would be great in a small 2x2x5 . Thatā€™s why itā€™s very precise I get the hydro DWC top drip figured out so I can grow just one plant and let it consume the tent by its self . Itā€™s not easy when you have a sativa growing for the sky and a indica bushing out in a small tent . I know , buy a bigger tent , but that means more plants , more work . My lil tent is not a lot of maintence if I can just keep it simple , so itā€™s imperative I learn hydro , but I can always just go with soil if needed . But it has not been as bad as I thought it might be even in the coco yet , still have a lil time left to finish .

They are definitely using more water , I fill the drip pan up about full and in 4 hours the pan is dry from a half liter each plant . I just try it one day a few weeks ago , and I was not sure if the roots were develop enough to draw the water all in , and now itā€™s definite they are just about in full flower , it also helps not to over water .

Those look great I agree with u on watering from the bottom up I do that as well Iā€™m worried about me being able to dry an crue