First Time Grower!

Hey ILGM community,
I just started growing Northern Lights and it’s an outdoor grow. The plants will be 3 weeks old tomorrow. I decided to start one of the plants in a 5 gallon air pot. The other four are in solo cups. This was done for my own experimentation, just to see if there would be a noticeable difference. I will be documenting my grow on here, probably posting photos once or twice a week. I water very sparingly and I am not using any nutes, for now anyways. The soil is fox farms. So far, the one growing in the air pot is looking much better. I bring the solo cup plants inside at night but I don’t bring in the one planted in the air pot…Please let me know how they look and any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

4 Likes

I would say the ones you’re not experimenting with go ahead and repot there are more then enough roots at this stage to transplant hope you have fun :wink: I’ve grown start to finish in the Fox Farm been very successful with it but I would definitely give it a nutrient when they get a little bigger you will just get so much more you you might as well make it worth your time I would recommend the flower power nutrients starter pack will do 3 plants easy but if you can get Fox Farm tro you will be happy too

5 Likes

Thanks for the quick response! I wasn’t sure if the roots would have been established yet so thank you for verifying that I can transplant. I think I’ll give the flower power a shot and see how they respond to that. I’m still not watering them very much…when should I begin to water “normally?”

1 Like

You will really enjoy it

1 Like

Hey guys! Weekly update #1. So I transplanted my solo cup grows 5 days ago. Let me just say that the transplant wasn’t smooth…5 days later, the leaves have a terrible look going on. They look a little better than they did two days ago. I’m assuming its from the stress of the less than adequate transplant?

1 Like

Update photos on the larger one.

1 Like

So I checked the smaller few that were only recently re-potted. The inner leaves are looking good, they’re a dark green however, the outer leaves are still showing severe yellow spotting. I will continue to watch them closely. Hopefully they will bounce back.

1 Like