First time grower - new tent and light AGAIN!

Well I have no idea what I’m doing - but following some tutorials and posts here I am trying my hand at cloning the GLs. I foolishly tried some seeds from another site with no luck whatsoever. So I dropped two more of my IGLM GL beans and 2 more WW. One of the WWs didn’t make it, so with only three seedlings just barely started - and a planned perpetual grow timetable - I figured cloning was worth a shot. As this was my first experiment - I did one in soil and the rest in rapid rooters for a comparison - all with Clonex. Please wish me luck!

@merlin44 for your future attempt :relaxed:

@MattyBear @Rugar89 @raustin @Dieselgrower @daddydays @Myfriendis410 @Countryboyjvd1971 @GreenThunder. and anyone else who may be following

9 Likes

Good luck, hon! Looks like you’re off to a good start.

1 Like

Excellent! Great idea to take clones. May I make some observations?

1 Like

Please do - complete newbie here !

1 Like

May the force be with you my friend, good luck. I am not starting my grow till May.

1 Like

Looks like you’re off to a very good start. :+1: I took clones from one plant in my first grow - they are currently 44 days in flower. What I did was treat them like seedlings until their roots formed. I used honey on the cut ends and fed with clonex using a spray bottle and humidity tent. :v::green_heart::seedling:

3 Likes

And nicely done too! I’m out right now but will check back.

Excellent, I will keep an eye this…:writing_hand: Thanks for tagging me in.

1 Like

Here’s the first grow so far @North_East_Newbie. Any suggestions or comments are appreciated. When the new tent and light arrive, I plan to move the GLs into there and leave the WWAutos in the Veg tent. Might give one of the WWA to a growing friend - so 3 each in the 3x3s. Keeping it all legal :+1:t3:

1 Like

Your grow is looking great!
Transition to some flower nutrients and you’ll be fine. Watch the phone of your water and run off. 6.5 is the sweet spot for r soil growing.
I noticed your considering Fox Farm nutes. I’ve had good success with them. They are inexpensive and effective. You may want to look into open sesame, beastie bloom & Cha Ching, now that your WW are flowering. I’ll be watching along and rooting for you!

2 Likes

Clones are fairly easy to do with a few precautions:

Use clean and sterile tools when making the cut. 45 degree angle and take a sharp knife and rough up the stem an inch or so. Cutting should be fairly short; 5" at best. Remove 2/3 of the leaf mass and keep domed like a seedling and water through the leaves because there are no roots to take up moisture. A spray bottle is best. Keep them warm and a 24 hour light cycle is fine. 7 to 10 days should see you with roots. Treat it like a young vegging plant. Rooting nutes and mycorrhizae are all good. The soil should remain fairly dry so the young plant has to put out roots to search for moisture.

Now here’s one that’s worth it: monster cropping. This is simply taking a clone from a flowering plant. Within the first 3 weeks the stem is pliant and takes cuttings well. I usually save a couple of lower, unproductive potential bud site branches for this purpose. A monster cropped clone will often exceed the vigor of the original plant. Massive root growth.

If contemplating a perpetual grow you might even consider having a couple of mother plants to spin off clones. This can be done to take advantage of minor differences within a strain that you can propagate and continue to harvest.

Hope this helps some. Your plants look great and those clones will love you with a dome over them.

4 Likes

Thank you very much @Myfriendis410 - I followed those instructions exactly and the clones are in my Sunblaster dome with the other seedlings. Currently they look pretty good in there. Temp is 74.6 and RH is 86%
As I just had my WW autos start to flower, I will be hitting my gardening supply place tomorrow for some FF nutes and will also pick up the root developer product for when I am transplanting. I will try the monster cropping down the road. If I understood what I read, these clones might not actually turn out to be female (the seeds of the mother plants were IGLM Gold Leaf - feminized). Is that correct?

3 Likes

They will be identical to momma. Assuming identical conditions.

Gold Leaf is a fantastic strain. I’ve grown it 3 times and have another going now. Big spatulate leaves to suck up sunlight and vigorous growing in SoCal. High potency “evening” smoke for me.

3 Likes

Thanks again - I also took the advice of @GreenThunder and mixed a small spray bottle with a tiny bit of Clonex and phd water for spritzing. Fingers crossed for healthy clones! Jeb

5 Likes

You can spray the soil as well as the plant itself. I would also give the dome a spritz to increase humidity.
Best of luck! My fingers are crossed for you. :crossed_fingers::upside_down_face:

4 Likes

I agree with Northeast. I have the main three Fox Farm bottles in addition to chaching and Beastie Bloom. I also have a bottle of cal-mag and Silica Blast. The only thing I don’t have is open sesame. But so far I’ve gotten good results following their schedule. I tend to feed less in veg then full strength in flower. Hope it works well for you.

2 Likes

Hey there @garrigan62 I’m so sorry to bother you again but I never fill this form in at any stage to be honest with you I do not know how to copy or paste it onto my thread could you help me out here please I only used my phone for complete privacy.

Sorry I’m on the worng thread.

1 Like

No worries @Johnzy81 - Will did provide a support ticket on this thread that wasn’t for me (yet) - hope your grow is OK. Let me know how things go. Jeb

It’s all good I was just checking in case I needed to have it done as part of the forum thanks for the reply mate.

1 Like