First time grower - new tent and light AGAIN!

I absolutely love my Quantum Boards. I’m going to be ordering another kit for my veg tent soon too!

2 Likes

Pretty sure you hang and plug in if you pay to have it built. @Rugar89 that’s how yours was correct?

Either way, buying the kit will come with properly sized driver and hardware. As far as the drivers go, I have pretty extensive knowledge of the meanwell hlg line, I’m almost positive I answer any questions there, and walk you through just about anything you’d need to do with it. There’s probably 10 of them new in box sitting in my garage, and another three currently hooked up to lights.

I can’t say that you won’t grow good weed with the roleadro’s, I’m sure you will. And the quantum boards will cost a little more. But you’re also getting into the latest and greatest led tech, with third party testing showing you exactly what you’re getting.

2 Likes

Thanks for your thoughts - I will finish watching the assembly video tomorrow. How hot does that board run?

As far as canopy temps, heatsink temps, led case or junction temps?

It’s all gonna vary depending on your environment a little. But they’re going to be as cool or cooler than most of your other options. @MattyBear or @Kcdaniels, how high above your intake air temps do your canopy temps run?

1 Like

Canopy temps mostly - you were say that the Cob Roleadro threw some heat so I was wondering if the board was the same?

2 Likes

Not very hot at all. I have to get my hand within a few inches for it to feel uncomfortable

2 Likes

I’ve never had those roleadro cobs in front of me, just repeating what I’m pretty sure cb said.

In terms of par watts vs heat Watts, I’m absolutely sure the qb’s will come out ahead on that. The diode they use, the samsung lm561c s6 bin was the most efficient led available for quite some time. New Samsung lm301b is said to currently hold that spot. I think st test current it’s literally 1-2 lumens per watt better.

1 Like

Yes, if you have them build it its just hang it up and plug it in.

My HLG-600 runs cooler then my Mars Hydro 960. But I do have a 9" fan hanging above it blowing on the heat sink and driver.

2 Likes

Thanks @Rugar89!

2 Likes

The cobs definitely put out a little more heat then reg leds fixtures but not a whole lot it’s manageable and @dbrn32 is spot on they do run higher power so more heat is expected
There is a question on if the cob they are selling today are same as the ones I purchased awhile back the may have changed drivers etc but simple answer is yes they run warmer but with proper ventilation it should not ne a issue
I own a few lights by roleadro myself and imo they are decent lights fir the $ if you just want to plug and play @Momtomask

3 Likes

@Momtomask I have one 400w roleadro cob and two 300w 2nd generation roleadro and my plants love them. Roleadro puts out a new 300w cob that is more red heavy. Also since it’s a flowering tent, you may want to consider the Galaxyhydro roleadro 600w, that one is really red heavy

4 Likes

Thank you for the insights @dbrn32. @MattyBear @HornHead @Rugar89. @Countryboyjvd1971 - I will have to think on this some more and make a decision soon. The space in the Veg tent is getting a bit crowded. I want to leave the autos in the Veg tent and move the GLs into the flower tent by the beginning of March. I like to get everything set up and running for a day or two to see how everything runs before moving any plants into their new digs. Off to work for now - thanks again for your help. Jeb

3 Likes

@HornHead I actually have 3 of the galaxy hydro 300 watt 9band leds they work great especially in flower
@Momtomask I’ll also recommend contacting seller on Amazon you may be surprised they try to please the customer and may off a discount doesn’t hurt to ask imo
You probably get a miss max to respond

3 Likes

@Countryboyjvd1971 @HornHead out of likes but thanks for sharing.

2 Likes

You’re off to a great start :sunglasses: Are you sure this is your first grow? You sure look like you know what you’re doing… most noobs are hesitant to super crop (myself included) and you just jumped right into it​:medal_sports: I look forward to following your progress. My WWA is just a bit behind yours. And gold leaf is on deck :v::green_heart::seedling:

3 Likes

Thanks @GreenThunder. - I am most definitely a first time grower - I don’t think I had ever actually seen a live MJ plant before this. I read a ton on the internet and watched wayyyyyyy too many Utube videos befor even starting. And then this forum has been super helpful as well. The girls are at 42 days today (4WWAutos and 3GLs) and I couldn’t be happier. Could be beginners luck :relaxed:

11 Likes

They look awesome! Very healthy

3 Likes

Super cropping was completly accidental but the plant seems to have survived :wink:

2 Likes

Hi there Will - can you take this Grow thread and have it become my grow journal? Please and thank you, Jeb

So is this the beginning of a flower? WW Auto at 42 days old. I’m such a newbie!! :relaxed:

@ReMoLu

10 Likes