First time grower - new tent and light AGAIN!

Hi everyone! I am on my first grow ever using ILGM seeds (White Widow AF and Gold Leaf). Everything is going very well so far with 2 week old girls. I germed 9 seeds in water for 18 hours then paper towel for 12. I put all 9 seeds in my “cow pots” though only 7 had tap roots. Put in a humidity dome and had sprouts by day 2. I ended up ditching the two (WWs) by the end of the first week when they came out of the dome and into my grow box. Yesterday, when the 7 seedlings were two weeks old I transplanted them into FFOF 1 gal pots and all seems well. My question (first of many) is that I have had them on 24 hours of light for these two weeks. Is this when I should go down to the 18/6 schedule?
Thanks in advance for any replies.
Jeb

4 Likes

I have my autos in 3 gallon fabric pots from germination till harvest. Autos do not like to be transplanted. I also have them on an 18/6 light schedule from seed to harvest. That’s me others might have different opinions. Welcome and happy growing.

1 Like

@HJL caught that: you should put your autos in their forever home but the GL I would transplant up as needed.

And yes: you can go to 18/6 now. I prefer 16/8 myself.

2 Likes

@Momtomask

Jeb, Welcome to ILGM. your going to meet some awesome fokes here who are very knowledgeable and very happy to help you with any questions you may have.

Now i personally keep my seedlings under 24/7 light and that’s because marijuana plants are a light seeking plant. In other words the more light you give them the better they like it and the better yield you’ll have. But not in flower then it’s 12 on 12 off

Will

7 Likes

I have recently been running my veg plants at 20/4 and they seem to grow better than when I was vegging at 18/6. Growers preference when you want to change the time/light schedule. I think I’m gonna run all my plants under 20/4 for a few grows then take it back down to veg under 18/6 and see if I can see a noticeable difference between the 2.

7 Likes

Thanks for the replies. All my girls have handled the transplant very well. Yesterday (16 days old) they all had their first feeding of 1/4 seaweed extract. I swear that they all grew a 1/2 inch in the 8 hours I was at work today! Super excited! :+1:t3::blush:

7 Likes

The White Widow AFs

9 Likes

They look really good @Momtomask a great start like this I agree is really exciting I get that too if there is anything I can help you with just let me know from the posts you are in very good hands if I can give you one bit off advice record everything you do with them from now on this will be invaluable to you in the future :v:

4 Likes

Hi everyone - my girls are three weeks old today - all seem well but one of the WW autos has some leaf discoloration - any thoughts would be appreciated.

2 Likes

@garrigan62 please see my post about discolored leaves - and let me know how I can get some answers - thanks, Jeb

jEB,

I don’t see anything for you to be worring about. Your plants look very healthy.

B Safe
Will

4 Likes

Thanks for the reply - I am a newbie and didn’t know why that plant had different colored leaves than her siblings.

This is day 21 for the WW Autos

7 Likes

And here are the GLs

6 Likes

New tent and light have arrived!! Can’t wait to transplant my girls out of their boxes and into my new veg tent!!

8 Likes

I drilled additional holes into the pots for better aeration. Still using FFOF mixed with Happy Frog.

4 Likes

All moved into their new pots and homes!

12 Likes

@Momtomask they are really nice root’s they will definitely help you get a good healthy plant :herb: going forward thanks for sharing :v:

1 Like

I use that same mixtures you do. Or at least I use one bag to one bag. Happy growing good luck. Everything’s looking good

2 Likes

@Momtomask

You are doing an awesome job. Could have fooled me being a newbie an all.
I would like to follow your grow. My girls are at 11 days old so not to far behind yours. I believe your 10 days ahead of my girls.
I will tag you to my journal.

Will

3 Likes

All the girls seem happy in their new digs! One of the WW had an accident when trying to transplant so I taped her up and left her in the one gal pot. Based on the root development of all her siblings I think I can safely give her a week to heal (stem cracking - almost completely off). Where the WWs are AFs I don’t know how this will go.

2 Likes