First time grower help please- Blueberry and Northern Lights Fems

Cool. One thing I would make sure to do is calibrate. And then check the calibration every week.

1 Like

@jmlove123

That TDS meter looks great!

Those prong meters aren’t any good unfortunately. You need something like this to check the pH of your water

Just a couple examples

Apera Meter

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01ENFOHN8/ref=ox_sc_sfl_title_28?tag=greenrel-20

just ph meter

https://www.amazon.com/Jellas-Household-Hydroponics-Aquariums-Resolution/dp/B00YBUH4RC/ref=sr_1_1?tag=greenrel-20

You will also need calibration fluid and ph up and down

ph up & Down

https://www.amazon.com/General-Hydroponics-GH1514-Control-Kit/dp/B000BNKWZY/ref=sr_1_2?tag=greenrel-20

7.0 calibration fluid
https://www.amazon.com/General-Hydroponics-7-0-Calibration-Solution/dp/B001D0CKYK/ref=sr_1_3?tag=greenrel-20

Sorry for slow reply
I see your getting good help from the wonderful members lol
Set up is nice :+1: @jmlove123

1 Like

@bob31 I know you said the one meter isn’t good but now i will have to wait to get a different one. Lol after testing now i am so confused.

The first pic is a TDS Meter that measured the parts per million of Total Disolved Solids in your water etc.

The middle picture I don’t know.

The bottom pic, you should have just returned it It’s garbage. I also wasted money on one and it said my soil was always wet and that the pH was 8

My soil runoff ph was 6.4 and the soil was dry when it said wet. Junk

4 Likes

@bob31 the middle one came with the first one. What should i do about the water. Isn’t that bad?

1 Like

Welcome, got lots of great folks helping. Distilled H20 has a ph of 6.5 if that helps any.

@laurap thanks, I had seen some where that distilled water can cause calcium difficulties in the plants. Is that not true?

Yes it can however if youre waiting for a ph meter it will work for a few days. A deficiency shouldnt occur in that time frame.

The middle one is a mineral test pen I’m not sure what you would do with that.

And I’m reading back now about the bad water @jmlove123

Get a couple of jugs of distilled water and use that until you get a pH meter.

I hope that answers your questions.

1 Like

IF you can afford it get the Apera PH meter. Worth its weight in bud.

1 Like

@bogleg and @bob31 So how would one of the ph testers you are talking about with with soil. Sorry so many question.

Thanks

How you do it is to measure the pH of the water your are going to water with . Then you use either pH up or down to match your growing medium. Then you check the TDS

Then you water the plant slowly and when you get about 20% of the runoff water, you stop watering and cleanup the water

The last bit of runoff, collect that and measure the TDS and pH of that water. That is how we test the soil for TDS and pH. You measure the water coming out!

@jmlove123

@jmlove123

Which miracle gro are you using? They make different ones. Post the list of ingredients as well. I think you may want to slurry test that “Growing Medium” so we know what pH of water you should be using.

If thats the soil you are in, you will probably not need any nutrients for awhile. See what it says on the bag, but I think the fertilizers will last at least into flowering anyway.

1 Like
1 Like

@bogleg and @bob31 so i get the testing the water part. I will post a picture of the soil i used. When i water my girls i just use a spray bottle and i don’t usually have run off. Maybe that is another thing i am doing wrong. LOL For doing so much wrong my girls don’t look to bad. I promise i will catch on.

Thanks again you guys are a life save.

2 Likes

tomorrow is another day. No no runoff until the are old enough for full watering! We will go over all of that :v::+1::palm_tree::grinning:

@bob31 okay they popped out of the soil on November 5th not sure if that helps you out. :slight_smile:

You should be giving them full watering now @jmlove123

That is the potting mix and I gotta warn you that members have had issues in the past with nutrient burn using that grow medium.

I think it will say on the bag the length of time that the fertilizer is active for?

Also you do need to do a slutty test to be sure about what ph to water to. When you get the pH water tester we can do that!

@bob31 I was thinking about changing the medium after this grow. What would you sugest? I have to cloth pots. I can’t thank you enough for being so helpful.

1 Like