First Time Grow All Outdoor. Videos Included

Hey Guys, so I decided to start a grow journal! This is my first grow ever, I had a whole bunch of seeds accumulated over the years sitting in a container so I thought what the hell :slight_smile:. I don’t know too much about gardening nor growing anything but I figured Id try to do this the cheapest way I could and that would be natural light (the sun) and without having to go buy nutrients for it. Basically just water and sun. Ill be posting videos of the grow from time to time and please you are more than welcome to throw your two cents in. Give me some advice, let me know if you see something I don’t see, give me constructive criticism or just tell me that I’m messing up haha. Well thank you for any time you invest in this. My names Manny and this is my first grow!

Heres a video from where I decided to start the journal at: Day 17

7 Likes

Welcome to the forum Manny, I wish you all the best in your first attempt to grow! ILGM is a great community full of loyal members who love to share and help out. If you have any questions or need any help, let us know and I’m sure we can find you some info!

:v::evergreen_tree::evergreen_tree:

1 Like

Thank you for the welcome and I cant wait to get this grow into veg and flower and I definitely will ask for any help I may need! Thanks again Ktreez420

1 Like

Just an update on these babes! Day 21( well a couple days ago) I just forgot to post it haha

1 Like

Just posted another couple videos to youtube:

Soil Update:

(may need to turn down volume before hand)

Also an update on the plants:

(may need to turn down volume before hand

Thanks for watching if you have. Let me know what youre thinking

2 Likes

Got another update on my plants they are still small but they have grown since the last video

Hey all how are you guys doing? Just another update on my shortys its day 47. Some of the same problems with yellowing and drooping but I think ive just been over watering them and ive started giving them nutes not sure if I should have but I have been. Let me know what you think or are thinking! Thanks all, Manny

1 Like

Yea nutrients are good at this point, she looks hungry. Keep it up dude!

1 Like

Yeah bro letting em dry up a little bit just to make sure I’m not gonna water them while the bottom of the soil is still moist

Yesss, good job with thinking like that! When I was a soil grower I realized that the top 4" of soil will look or feel dry, but the bottom 2" will be soaking wet! You can help the soil dry out better by adding more holes into the pot, but not on the bottom, you’ll want to place them on the sides of the pot, on the bottom lower half. I’ll see if I can find you a picture to show you what I mean

Yeah I get what you’re saying my buckets have holes on the bottom half like how you explained

Here you go, this is what everyone growing in plastic pots should do to their pots, it realllyyy helps!

2 Likes

That’s a good idea I’ll have to do it the old way and heat up a nail or something so I can poke the holes out. Unless I have an extra soldering iron in the garage but, I like the idea alot, I’ve got a ton of holes on the buckets bottom half but still a bit moist after about 4 days sadly :pensive: but like I said im pretty sure I’ve been overwatering them so I’m trying to hang back and give them a lot less water

2 Likes

What is up ILGM!! Manny here with another update for you guys still have some issues and I’m sad to say that I have a ZINC deficiency :frowning: But hey what can you do lol I got some supplements on the way and I’m just waiting on those to start getting everything together again, maybe I can grow some decent sized plants now that I know whats going on haha

1 Like

What is good guys! So I know its been awhile since ive posted an update BUT let me tell you Ive been busy and ive been away for a bit. Now that I’m back I want to show you how well my plants are doing, here was one of the last updates I did for the plants before I stopped documenting them.

I believe that was day 71 VVVVVV

Now fast forward about 2 months! and you will see that they have grown tremendously! I’m so excited to show you guys this video because I’m so proud of the team work my family has put in while ive been away! now look at my 2- 4 FOOT PLANTS!!! AND LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK ABOUT THESE BABIES!!!

Here is day 126 in all of its glory! VVVVVVV

I’m going to tag some people and see if they see something that I don’t see like deficiencies and maybe other problems that I haven’t noticed yet myself, if you don’t want to be tagged please just let me know and I will refrain from doing it again.
@ktreez420 @kabongster @Countryboyjvd1971 @bob31 @latewood @Jmesser80 @Hogmaster @Fever @Ragnar @peachfuzz Like I said if you don’t want to be tagged in any post by me again I understand just lmk.

Happy growing all!
-Manny

5 Likes

Careful on the fans yeah the bigger pot you put them in the better root structure they’re going to grow. They’re looking good though buddy keep it up

3 Likes

I appreciate it hog! I only turn the fan on maybe for a half hour at a time when it gets to peak temperature, but for the most part its off, will keep an eye on it though!

1 Like

I would just hate to see you go out there one day and one of them to be broke because the fan it’s good to have air on them I would just put it on low and back it off away from them a little ways to where they’re just moving

1 Like

Looking good @Manny_FTGUTube. The only thing I can see that’s wrong with them is they are in YOUR backyard not MINE. :+1::grin::+1::grin:

3 Likes

O yeah and that too