First SCROG Grow

Gotcha!!! Thanks much all! A guy won’t learn if he doesn’t ask right??? I’ll just stay with what I have! Things are going great so why mess with a good thing huh??? Buds are growing at a rate of 1/2" a day it seems!!! I’ll post some recent pics come Wednesday!!! They are sugar coated lika big dog!!! Should be gett’in a sample in a couple weeks or so! (Probably or so)

1 Like

@Gilly Great post mate. May have to give it a crack. Good luck with the final weeks.

1 Like

Thanks my man!

Gilly

@Dieselgrower @MattyBear @peachfuzz Did a little more trimming under the canopy (nets) today. Got rid of a few unnecessary stems and removed a few dead and dying leaves! Come Wednesday (5 weeks into flower) I’ll giv’em another shot of “Big Bloom” nutes! Then when I’m 3 weeks from harvest they will get nothing but straight 6.5 Ph water! That should be enough time for them to flush their system! I’m gett’in pretty itchy to try some but will hold off till the time is right! Waited this long so a few more weeks won’t kill me and will be well worth the wait!!! Will post recent pics at that time too!!!

Thanks all,
Gilly
PS / I am just beside myself!!! I can’t believe how well this grow is turning out!!! I’ve always had a green thumb so to speak but this grow is just AWSOME!!! Buds, buds everywhere buds!!! Wowzzaaa!!!

6 Likes

@bob31 @Dieselgrower @Donaldj OK, here’s a question for all you old pro’s!? I know when you trim ur buds you save all that trim. (cause it’s usually just as good as the bud itself) I’ve also read where a guy should save the leaves and dry them as well for a rainy day . (when you run outta bud) Question: How does a guy know what leaves to save and dry and what leaves get pitched??? Also, when it’s time to dry those leaves would spreading them out on a piece of suspended screen wire be sufficient for drying??? (turning and fluffing intermittently and then curing)?

Thanks much,
Gilly

1 Like

I keep mainly sugar leafs those which have triches on them and pitch large fan leaves which are easily plucked off that which requires scissors (tight to buds) is saved

I use screen yes and since I save for oil I don’t cure them like buds I dry them until bone dry then freeze to store

4 Likes

Any leaves with trichomes on them. I save mine up and use it for butter

1 Like

@Dieselgrower @Donaldj Thanks all!!! Thought I would save the sugar leaves as well. Then dry and cure so when I do run outta bud, it would tie me over (or close to) till my next harvest!!!

Gilly

If you are wanting ro to that then the best thing you cpild do is either bubble hash or make it into keif. I wouldn’t recommend smoking the leaves.

Do this or use the trim to make cannabudder. I stayed medicated on my trim (in the form of budder) for well over a month from my last grow. :smiley:

1 Like

Gotcha!!!

Thanks!

I find that canna oil/butter really stretches. Maybe it’s my specific oil but it hits harder and longer than vaping my bud. So it’s a good way to put up some backup meds from trim. It also freezes well - no worries about trichomes falling off.

Nice thing about oil is it’s also pretty covert and portable. :grinning:

2 Likes

@Donaldj @bob31 @Dieselgrower OK, another question for you old pro’s! If I decide to go ahead and split the stems can a guy still do selective harvesting??? (seeings how you should only split the stems 1 week prior to harvest) Or, will that F things up???

Thanks,
Gilly

1 Like

I have never split my stem, but I have done a partial harvest, so I’m not sure how to answer? @Gilly

I’ve never done a partial harvest, but have done 2 or 3 stem splitting and I don’t think it would hurt them to split the them then harvest as it becomes ready, I’m guessing?

@Dieselgrower Man, you guys are just a wealth of information!!! I appreciate that!!! I just don’t wanna F it up by doing something wrong!!! I’m just look’in ta get the best possible yield with the best quality weed!

Gilly!!

1 Like

You can actually save every thing and use it fir bubble hash to. It’s real easy to do if you buy the bags but all your leaves and stems can b used for it to. Once you start chopping it up you will get s system. You will get real tiny buds plus your trim and like I said everything can be used

@Donaldj @Dieselgrower Well…this entire grow has gone picture perfect! Then this morning I noticed a few (very few) leaves that are dying up around the bud area. 1st thing that popped into my head was nute burn! (I may have overdone the Big Bloom a bit but nothing terrible IF I did) The more I thought about it if it was nute burn it would be everywhere! It’s really sporadic, 1 here 1 there but not as if an entire plant is showing it! I know nute burn when I see it! (been there done that). My light is a good 20" above the buds so I know it’s not heat burn! I’m a bit confused? I’ll get a pic up tomorrow when I post my weekly progress pics! Maybe it’s just that time when a guy will start losing a few leaves here and there!? Just in case I DID get the Big Bloom a tad too strong I started flushing them with 6.5 Ph water. and will continue this for a few days and see if that doesn’t help matters!

2 Likes

I think splitting a stem a week before harvest won’t give it enough time for it to recover like you want. Just remember to it will actually eat more in flower stage if things are going really good but the thing that I always think about is good clean smoke so I like s good flush so you don’t wanna b juicing up to much when you get close to the harvest point. Actually like to flush mine the last 2 wks If flower and a lot of my leaves will die off cuz the buds are sucking up all the food left. I never grew any herb less than 18% THC and my Best was 29.5 % same strains. The 18% was my worst ever battled heat stress and mites but with help from my buds it ended up a clean harvest but it was a toughy. Lol I’m sure some can relate. So I think don’t get crazy man do your crazy stuff early. So if it goes bad you can recover

Trying scrog for the first time, myself. I decided to try it a bit late in my grow, but it’s still working amazingly well.

After reading & watching tons of videos, I set my screen 9" from the top of my soil. I didn’t start until my plants were 35 days from seed; I flipped lights at day 42.

I have 6 going, though I probably should have gone with 4-5 plants. The screen is going to be incredibly full!

Here’s a progression from scrog start til day of flip:

Here it is TWO days after flip:

I have an amnesia haze going in a smaller tent. Since the other grow is going so well in scrog, I installed a screen over the amhaze, too.

I might never grow any way but scrog, ever again!

6 Likes