First SCROG Grow

Will be a 1st for me also! (selective harvest) Only my 2nd grow! Just gonna try things and see what happens!

Gilly

2 Likes

I like your sense of adventure! For science!

2 Likes

@MattyBear @timmyv324 @Countryboyjvd1971 Planning on saving all leaves that are covered in Trichomes at harvest… Does anyone have experience with a pollen press? If so, what was the outcome?

Thanks,
Gilly

1 Like

I know @Countryboyjvd1971 and a lot of other folks on here have experience with them, I however don’t, lol.

1 Like

Kinda in a dilemma here! The 3 plants that have a little damage are a little milky at the moment. I think I’m gonna split the stems on those 3 only for now. (inna few days) Then I will give them another week to ten days under the light then let the chop’in commence! (just the main colas on those 3 plants) I spose I’ll then let the other 2 plants go for now while the smaller buds on the 1st 3 plants I chopped are maturing. Then, when it’s time I’ll split the stems on the last 2 and repeat the above process!!! Wowzzaaa…gonna be time consuming for sure!!!

Gilly

1 Like

@timmyv324 Well… I made a decision today! Not sure if it’s the correct decision but too late now! 1 of the 3 plants that are sickly was look’in real bad when I checked her this morning. The new growth on the buds was dying so I checked the trichomes and they were milky. Thought about it for a bit and went ahead and chopped the main colas on the 1 sickly plant! Hated to do that but thought I would cut my losses before the whole damn thing died! (buds) Couldn’t even salvage any trim! Once that was cleared out there are now numerous smaller buds that are exposed now and they look fine! We’ll see what happens from here I guess!? Only a couple weeks left on the other 4 plants!

Gilly

Update: Pretty sure I made the right choice! (99%) The lower buds are thriving!Gonna stem split them (the remaining 4 ) in 2 weeks! From the looks of it I should get that pound I;m after! We’ll see!!!

4 Likes

I think you probably did the right thing. Interested to see how it goes now. I may try this out ! Let us know how she’s smokes

1 Like

Roger that! Got hanging in the basement! (68*) and dark, plenty of air moving around! (furnace is at the other end so it sucks air from upstairs) Gonna keep a close eye on the other 2 sickly plants. May hafta do the same thing. I’ll giv’em another week. Checked this morning and numerous small buds in the area where I cut the colas on the sickly plant! (just staring up at the sun) I’m gonna be harvesting on and off for a while doing it this way! (not a bad problem to have I guess) I’ll try ta get a pic up today sometime!

Gilly

1 Like

@Gilly. Not sure how they looked when you chopped them, but the last license you posted they. Didn’t look too bad. Like maybe you could’ve rode it out a bit longer

1 Like

Pic, not licensed

1 Like

@Dieselgrower @timmyv324 @MattyBear Well…my 2 good plants are about ready to have the colas chopped! Trichomes are milky with about 10% amber! Gonna split the stems sometime today. Will harvest in a week along with the other 2 sickly plants. Here are the weekly progress pics.! 1st pic is the spot where I cut the 1st sickly colas . (new buds are thriving) 2nd pic is 1 of the sickly plants. 3rd pic is the other sickly plant. 4th pic is 1 of the good plants. 5th pic is the other good plant and I think you can figure out the 6th pic!!! I like the fact that the BOOST PAKS come with an indicator that tells you when it’s time to change them out!!!

Thanks all,
Gilly!

UPDATE: Just took a 2nd look see and I think I’ll wait another 4 days to a week before splitting the stems! I’m just gonna hafta keep an eye on those trichomes!!! It’s gonna be day by day now!

UPDATE #2 : I’m bummed beyond words! Only got a little over 2 ounces dry from the 1st colas I cut from the sickly plant! Should have been double that!!! (or more) I’m hoping the remaining 4 plants pull me through!!! We’ll see in a week or so! The buds are fluffy and airy not tight like they should beWEED000%20002WEED000%20002|512x384WEED000%20003WEED000%20005WEED000%20008WEED000%20009WEED000%20014

10 Likes

@timmyv324 @Dieselgrower @Donaldj @bob31 Hey guys, if I split the stems on these last 4 plants, what’s that gonna do to the smaller buds that I leave to grow for a while yet??? Any clue? Any and all info appreciated !!!

Gilly

@Gilly I split a stem a little early once and the buds above it ended up developed fine, but that could’ve been luck.

2 Likes

Haven’t tried yet

1 Like

@HornHead I’m wondering about the 1’s I leave to grow for a bit?

1 Like

@Gilly that’s what I had to do. I had to split each individual stem , the main stem was too thick and branching to split, so I had to do each main stem. The top colas we’re done before the bottom buds, so I just havested the top bud 1st and let the lower buds finish a few days later

2 Likes

@HornHead See…I was gonna split the main stem! (entire plant) . That’s why I was wondering what effect it would have on the smaller buds left behind? (since they will be split as well) I guess just take it day by day and see what happens? I want to let them grow as long as possible! It’s almost time to split. Maybe tomorrow? If I do, I’ll let them go another 5-7 days then chop the mains outta there! Seeing more and more amber trichomes! Don’t want more than 20% - 25%!

Gilly

1 Like

That’s the thing is the smaller lower buds are still the same age as the buds you plucked so they will continued to mature with the hopes of getting bigger , but your trichromes are gonna continue to mature as well so I’d say the later buds would be more amber than the first and I’m sure splitting the stem will slow growth to until it heals so that may slow maturity to

1 Like

@timmyv324 Maybe after the week of stem split is up I could pull the chopstix out and zip tie the split shut again! Worth a try I guess! I’m just gonna take it 1 day at a time!!!

@Gilly. I think that during the week of being split, inside the split will start to heal up so removing the chopstick won’t help to heal back together. Just my thoughts. I’ve had to supercrop during flower and after a week the stem is on its way to healing itself

2 Likes