First indoor grow: SCROG Gold Leaf and Chocolope

If she’s towards the end, you’re fan leaves should start to look rough. That’s what you want. She’s eating herself and consuming everything from the leaves

Thay little bit of burn isnt bad. Dont stress that. Be careful. Did i read right u watered 5days in a row? Over watering will cause wprse damage then that little nute burn. Its not as pretty but it gets trimmed off anyway. Cannabis can bounce back from a rough dry spell much easier then it does from a over watering spell.

1 Like

@Familyman420
Thanks. Yes, I watered 5 days in a row. But these little 3 gallon pots plus a ceramic heater mean that my pots dry out in about 36 hours. So I do a full watering one day, and a “touch up” the next day. She’s pretty dry on the touch up day and very dry on the full watering day. The water in that pot is acting as a humidifier for the space, in a sense.

2 Likes

Good morning. So you need to find a way to not do the "touch up watering. Over watering is one of the most common problems with new and old growers alike.
. A moisture probe works good to confirm when its dry down at roots.
. Another good option is is using a “wetting agent” Nector of the Gods makes one. Or you can boil aloe in a gal. Of water strain plant parts out cool ph and water with that and itll help when u let soil dry out completely it absorb water again when u water instead of running threw.
I use 3 n 5 gal grow bags and 18oz solo cups and keep a fan at container level and at canopy level so hope this helps

1 Like

So do you think I need to stop the “touch up” watering because of lack of dry roots, or another reason? I had a situation (posted way upthread) where I went two days and my plant wilted significantly. I am trying to avoid that. From what I can tell, the biggest downside to the frequent watering (since we know the root zone is getting dry) is that there is a combination of greater nutrient uptake due to higher vapor pressure deficit (VPD) as well as the potential for greater salt accumulation in the root zone due to evaporation through the fabric pot.

I think one way to get around this would be to add a pan of water to the bottom of the tent and have the heater blow across that. It will increase the humidity in the tent without causing evaporation through the plant and the root ball/fabric.

Though, all said, I’m thinking I’ve only got another week and a half to two weeks left. Lots of cloudy trichomes at this point, but still plenty of white pistils… so I’m just guessing.

2 Likes

In other news, we had a front come through a couple of days ago and the air has been very dry. So GL has reached curing dryness at this point. I’m going to dry trim, weigh, and jar it. Will report later on yield. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Trimmed bud: 66g/2.3oz
Trim: 28g/0.99oz

I’m checking jar humidity. Some buds were not quite as dry as others (but still dry) so my numbers may be slightly inflated due to retained water. Should be really close though. I’m satisfied.

10 Likes

Looks Very Sweet to me

1 Like

Pretty crystally.

12 Likes

look’s F-IN Great to me
Wipening mouth from drolling
LOL

3 Likes

Chocolope is doing well. That foxtail has a little stack going on the side. Every time I look at the plant, I think “probably about 2 more weeks.” That number never seems to change. She’s getting thicker and fatter but doesn’t appear to be maturing all that much more, which is absolutely fine. Denser buds work for me.

Having moved the light to be biased more towards the left side of the SCROG has resulted in thickening of those thin, somewhat airy buds that were at the perimeter. I included a photo showing the light location.

Sorry for the blurple light photos.

7 Likes

The bud on the right is a fatty! Looking good man.

1 Like

OK, I went back out to check trichomes. Looking like some clear but mostly cloudy. Still, with the pistils as white as they are, I have to think I’m about… oh, two weeks out? :slight_smile:

Better daylight photos of things below, including trichome pics. Sorry for the weird light. This tent is in the back of my shed and I have to open the shed door and let the sunlight reflect off of the exposed wood interior. Gives it a bit of a yellow glow.

15 Likes

Nice looking trichomes! Getting closer!

1 Like

Cut a bitch! :grin:

Looks good, nice job my friend :v:

1 Like

After another look today, I’ve decided to stop feeding Tiger Bloom and to start weaning with Big Bloom micronutrients only. I’m not a huge believer in the “fade” scientifically but let’s see what happens. :nerd_face:

1 Like

Clear trichomes still dominate on some of the smaller buds (as shown) with majority cloudy on the larger more developed ones. Everything else is fine. Plant looks stable and now has some company in the tent. Just basil, though… not another lady.

11 Likes

Not bothering with pictures, but a quick note that today marks 9 weeks since pistils, 10.5 weeks since flip for Chocolope.

3 Likes

Oh man those look mouth watering.

1 Like