Gorilla Giz from stoneagehealingbeans.
C99/Romberry
LA Confidential
Only 10 days old but up and coming!

5 Likes

3 Likes

4 Likes

4 Likes

You got em on the way I see what’s something on ilgm that good anybody grow any of the new stuff yet???

Update: Chocolope continues to fatten up. Check out the foxtail in the middle. Definitely thicker.

10 Likes

giphy%20(1)
Oh My!

8 Likes

A quick update on energy usage. Between the heater, ventilation, fans, and lights, I used 497.9kWh over the last 30 days (January 20th through midnight this morning). The heater obviously is a big part of that, and it wasn’t always in place. Weather conditions also affect how much the heater runs.

I haven’t had my energy monitor running the entire time (changed SSID at home and forgot to update the device!) but that’s a significant consumption of energy for two plants. And my energy usage now is exactly the same, but I only have one plant growing.

As a point of comparison, we own two electric vehicles and no gas cars. Our cars used 544.5kWh over the same period, and that covered all of our driving over the course of a month. Not much difference!

Efficiency is important to me, and I definitely haven’t done a great job managing it this first grow. I have some thoughts about how to improve it if I grow indoors again, but may save them for a separate thread specifically about efficiency in lighting and environmental controls. It’s a worthwhile topic because if everyone can shave a few kWh off each grow, it not only saves the grower money, but it’s less wasteful of our shared resources.

Blue bars are my grow shed. Yellow is the EV charging circuit.

2 Likes

Gold Leaf drying is going well. Steadily and slowly drying (we’re at 6 days now, and I hope to have at least 6 more before they’re ready to jar). No signs of mold and I’m opening the boxes from time to time. I have three boxes. One is strung up double deep, one strung top/bottom and one has the smaller buds just laying in the bottom. Then I have a paper bag of my trim. Here are the two strung boxes as of today:

7 Likes

Looking at Chocolope today, I see some stress on a couple of the buds. All of my leaf tips have some burn, either from nutes or from the situation where they were severely dried out. But I hadn’t noticed it as strong as on the bud like here. I’ve circled some of the leaf tips as well. Thoughts on this? I’ve watered with pH’ed water the last 5 days, no nutes.

2 Likes

I can’t tell under those blurple lights. Could you get a natural light photo of the area? If you haven’t fed her in 5 days, that could be part of it.

1 Like

Yeah, tomorrow morning I’ll get one. It’s “night” for her right now and I hate to disturb her beauty rest. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Daylight photos. First, the yellowing under a magnifier.

And an overview of that bud.

Full SCROG:

5 Likes

Looks like light bleaching, but not :100: on that. Let’s see what @dbrn32 @Covertgrower has to say

2 Likes

Out of likes, but it kind of looks like early stages of some light/heat damage. Any chance you’re seeing issues near your heater, or had some high temps? @nostril

1 Like

Well, remember that I moved my light after I picked GL. It’s now centered over Chocolope, but that bud in particular should actually be getting less light because it was previously dead center of the light and is now on the perimeter. I think the light may be slightly lower. I’ll check that out tomorrow. Additionally, without the second plant in place, I’ve moved the heater. The canopy temps haven’t exceeded 82F, but maybe something’s going on in the region of that bud. I’ll double check that just in case. But I think environmentally I’m sound for this point in flower. Humidity is around 35-40% and temps between 75-80 mostly.

This is one downside to inverting day/night. There’s a bit of a half-duplex thing going on where you want to make an adjustment but have to wait until almost a full day cycle has passed in the tent. At least the way I have mine set up to take advantage of cheaper electricity at 11pm.

Thanks for the responses @MattyBear and @dbrn32.

3 Likes

That’s right, my bad. What’s your ph at?

1 Like

Since it’s on the same bud that had the prior issues, it could be old damage from that. Issues can take a few weeks to see deficiencies of growing in soil. If you haven’t fed her nutes in 5 days she could be hungry. Next time you feed, make note of PPM in and out and Ph in and out and then we can see if something is going on.

3 Likes

I checked pH this morning. Soil is 6.8. Water in is 6.8. Runoff is 6.8. And yes, I get different readings in plain water so it’s not a stuck meter. :slight_smile:

I fed her today but didn’t check runoff PPMs. I’ll do so next time. Either way, we’re in the final stretch and I just want her to finish happy.

Could very well be residual effect if there was prior issues there @MattyBear suggested