First indoor grow: SCROG Gold Leaf and Chocolope

I hung my outdoor plants in my shed this fall. For these, I’ve put together a cardboard box with one of my tent fans in it, an exhaust hole, and an intake. Nothing fancy but enough to keep the air moving.

1 Like

I will need to be super vigilant about the drying and curing process on these since they were at my desired “done” point before much chlorophyll fade. I’m trying to exclude all light during the drying process and will shoot for a long cure. Fingers crossed…

Meanwhile, Chocolope is lonely but happy with the additional light coverage.

2 Likes

Chocolope seems to be adjusting to the additional light just fine. Still looking a couple of weeks out to me.

I’m still second guessing my timing on GL but I really didn’t want something that glues me down too much. We are a pretty active family and even the evenings can be full of activity. Still, hopefully I can dry really slowly (I’ve turned my fan off in the drying boxes) and convert as much chlorophyll as possible to make it tasty. So long as I can practice guitar when medicated, I’m good. :+1:

6 Likes

This is GL, headed to to compost pile but I thought it was a worthwhile photo to share. Specifically, the accumulation of salts on the fabric pot. Is that typical?

She wants to sprout more leaves - they’re already starting. Super duper monster? :grinning:

6 Likes

Congratulations! Awesome job getting to the end. I do not grow in fabric pots but I believe I’ve read on here that salts do show up after a grow. I also think I’ve read people wash them and reuse them a bunch more times. How long they last I don’t know? So I believe that’s normal. But wait till somebody who actually uses them can put your mind to ease 100%.

2 Likes

Mine do this and it hasn’t been a problem. A good thorough washing will make it reusable.
The strife for life is strong :green_heart::seedling:

3 Likes

Nice job! Harevest is always bitter sweet.
I use Aroura, fabric containers but they are grey, and i use a calcium based nutrient so salt build up isn’t an issue. But i know its common. I used 1/2 gal black fabric bags for my clones one time and clonex solution left salt stains.
Rinse with a bucket of warm water, submerge them and it normally comes off. If not white vinegar takes it away, also works for hard water stains. Just be sure to rinse out very good or itll throw ph out of whack. Hope this helps

2 Likes

@neckNflu @GreenThunder @Familyman420

Thanks for the feedback. I was a little worried those salts indicated a potential overfeeding/underwatering/underflushing condition, so I’m glad to hear it’s normal.

I definitely plan to wash it and reuse, but I’m going to preserve it for autos. I think 5 gallon would be a much better size for photo scrog.

3 Likes

I can say from my experience I use a 5 gallon bucket ( I will switch to cloth at some point) for photos in my room and they can get pretty big in those pots. I think that’s a good size to use from what I can tell, I think you’ll be happy with that size. You should be able to get a nice-sized plant and be able to control it really well I imagine with a scrog. Great job enjoy!

2 Likes

I’ve used 3 and 5gal fabric containers for autos.I will say im about to harvest a bunch in 3gals and I can already see they are yeilding less then the last run in 5gals.
Based on that if i was inly wanting a few plants id be using the 5gal or maybe even 7gals,if i run 3gal again it will be like a SOG style with as many containers as i can fit.

2 Likes

I was concerned when it first happened to me too. I use a wet vac to extract my runoff water and sometimes I’ll vacuum the sides of the pots to remove some of the salts. I don’t know if this is advised but it didn’t seem to bother the plants.

1 Like

Yeah, the pot size restriction is my theory as to why GL finished up so fast. Though, my other plant doesn’t seem to be forced into a quick finish so it very well could have been my issues with overfeeding during veg and underfeeding during part of flower. Looking at my trichome photos again this morning, I do think the timing was good on those for my desired effect.

3 Likes

Just make sure you give it a nice slow dry, and a good cure. Im sure you’ll be happy with it eigther way and learn from it. Next time you’ll have a better idea how to get what u want.
You did good on this grow, im sure your next one will be even better.

I’m in 2 gals with gold leaf and 1 of mines seems to not be feeding like the other do you think it’s finishing up ??? Not yellowing looks happy but ppm last night feed was 1123 and run off came out 2134 I’ll be flushing today so I’m not tripping but she s not feeding for some reason

Mine stopped feeding the past week… PPMs went up for a few days and finally started going down a couple days ago.

1 Like

I wonder why tho I think I’m going to give a light feeding after I flush her out

1 Like

I’m thinking that pot size can affect nute absorption and lockout because of the reduced amount of medium to buffer. It’s possible that is a reason I had a tough time dialing in my nutrients for Gold Leaf. Since you have an even smaller pot, you may have to be more delicate with getting your balance correct.

But that’s all just postulation, to be clear. To me, a flush followed by a light feeding seems like a good idea.

Here today under light fina flush them so I’ll post a picture without light but I think these things wanna be threw

8 Likes

“Get in those jars and get good”! Congrats @Nell1 bro. Good Growin’ man! Jah!
:cowboy_hat_face:

Thanks a lot and what you growing I wanna try something different