First Indoor Grow, a few problems Maybe

Thanks @Countryboyjvd1971 for your reply. The first time I saw what looked like a male bud i lost it or knocked it off so couldnt get a photo and didnt have time to seach cause it was right at lights out time, so had gone back the next day and found the above fairly easy as they are popping out all over on all the plants. They are really starting to grow. And @Laurap agreed with you too. Looking good. Just pre-flower.

Newbie first grow jitters. Guess thats normal, huh? Just need these to get grown good and get through harvest and dry and cure so I can start using them. I need this mj so bad right now and I cant get any locally as I dont know anyone who uses and I sure aint going to go asking. Too unfriendly around here. I worry even growing. I use stealth and try to do everything Robert and others recommend but its still a worry.

Not like when I was young, nothin worried me and even had one time upwards of 400 poiunds of it hidden in my home. Boy did that smell. The whole house reeked. I was glad I was in the country then. It was nothing special too, just mexican week. Belonged to a friend. That was a bunch of weed.

2 Likes

Been there, done that :blush:. Sure miss those days!

2 Likes

Yea, me too. Been too many years ago. I do remember them though and wish I could go back. :thinking::v:

1 Like

@cyberblast eight on brother yeah we all get nervous the first grow
All good bro you’ll reach a point where you don’t get stressed out when your looking
You’ll get to harvest with all the great help here
I see over and over Great grows
And I fact I wish I would have found this site along time before I did
When I got here myself I realized how much I didn’t know hahahaha
I still learn new things all the time so don’t streess it you’ll reach your goal my friend
I hear what your say about being cautious
I live in a non friendly state my self
Remind me what area your in if you don’t mind
Tag me should you have a question I’ll answer ASAP
Happy growing :v:CB :cowboy_hat_face:

2 Likes

@Countryboyjvd1971 I live in the deep south, along the gulf coast, actually about a mile from the gulf. The panhandle of fl. I like it down here. Love the fishing, and lots of nice folks.Been down here about 7 or 8 years now. Just dont think much of the goverment here. I though I was conservative, but bow howdy, they beat me no end.

Wish I could move back to where I was…its legal now there. But thats they way it goes. Hoping that 2018 it gets that way here. I hope. The folks in the know are saying that it could become legal then. I hope.

I have met such nice folks here on the forum. And so willing to help, and I love that there arent any fights or smearing or such. Havent seen any, none, noways. Every forum I have ever been to or joined, I ended up leaving because of the fighting and insults. That would stress me more than anything.

I am learning new things every day here. To the point that I am able to help somewhat, new folks coming to the forum. If nothing else but by taging some folks who CAN help them.

Waiting for this harvest is going to be a long wait for me. Being able to get away at least partially from the doctors meds that are screwing me up will be a joy. Plus being able to have a bit of a high if I want. I dont drink, cant. My belly cant handle the alcohol, so cant do much. I can drink a beer on occasion and I brew my own. Its a hobby, like this grow, but I know whats going in the beer so my beers, the alc dont bother me like commercial beers as much. Will be same with the mj. I know what has gone into it.

2 Likes

I think that’s why most of us stay here @cyberblast
I have folks in sw fla
It’s nice area to hot for me
It time I believe it will be legal in all the states the tide has turned for the better
Glad you are making the right moves to get off the meds many of us have been down that road brother
You’ll reach your goal :goal_net: just stay the course my friend @cyberblast

1 Like

We moved down here cause my wife liked the heat. Not me, but she had moved north for me though she hated the cold…so my turn. Dont have anyone down here cept my sons. Have family over in Texas and up in Minnessota and then over in Washington state. Going to enjoy visiting Washington state next year…:yum:
@SmoknGranny @Countryboyjvd1971 @Laurap
edited so I could tag someone I forgot. Had promised him when I posted my photos again. @Stratos

Here are phtos of my girls now. 7 days since going 12/12

This is my OG Kush. Getting big and bushy. Has really gotten tall.

This is my Gold Leaf. Just expanding like the dickens. Going to have to rearrange the plants they are starting to crowd each other.

This is my white widow. Getting big as well, just not as big as the other two.

Sorry about the red in the photos. Couldnt see to focus if I turned them off, dont have any white lights in the tents and the room light isnt strong enough. Will fix that my next photos.

Gave them their first feeding since I put them 12/12. They are showing signs of flowering, pre-flowers and such. Gave them FoxFarms flowering nutes and some Cal/mag. Kinda felt they needed it. All are looking good for now to me anyway.

4 Likes

They are looking great :+1:. I grew up below Tampa. Been in the Midwest since 94 and freezing my you know what off :rofl:.

1 Like

They look amazing :green_heart::seedling:

1 Like

Looking awesome! I love this forum! Here, all we are wanting is to connect with other growers, trade tips & hope the best grow for everyone! Swearing isnt necessary to get a point across .

1 Like

I love the panhandle. I am retired and I am aiming for that part of the world in the future. I’m also retired from the AF reserves, so it makes sense. One of my buds lives near Ft Walton beach! @cyberblast

One thing holding me back are the laws on MJ

I like brewing my own beer too! Making a batch soon!

2 Likes

Looking good @cyberblast keep up the great work :+1:

1 Like

@bob31 I like it down here too cept for the laws you mentioned. But oh well, wasnt the thing on my mind when we moved.
Ft Walton Beach is a nice town. If you can call the place its own town. That whole area along the coast there is one big town pretty much. There is one main road all along the whole panhandle running through those towns along the coast. Called unofficially the accident road. During the summer and on holiday weekends its an accident waiting to happen. Its one of the most dangerous roads I believe in this part of the country. Not because of sharp curves or anything like that, but because of the way people drive through there. On weekends one accident after another. People playing tourist and not paying attention to driving. Labor day and the 4th are the worst.

I dont have a brew going right now, @bob31 , got too many setting to age some. I make or made a bunch of ports and some cervesa’s. My favorites. dark port for the winter, cervesa for the summer and any hot days. Made a nice light beer for my wife and she wouldnt drink it. She prefered my port. Oh well… Got a chocoate one my son made that is aging a bit, needs to age about a year to get peak flavor. Made from the ground beans not actual chocolate. Not my favorite, but tastes ok.

5 Likes

@Alton66 hey my friend. Hows things on your end. Growing good I hope. Hey, I got 4 good clones I do. Both of the first 2 have survived and going good, including the one I thought wouldnt make it. Its growing and its roots have busted out of the pot. Yippeee. The te two I just took a few days back have roots peeking out of the mini-pot. So they are going good.

I am a happy camper today. Will take some pictures of the root zone of those clones to show ya.

I got another 2 days yet before I water again with nutes. Those plants are really growing. Going to put them to flower in a couple of weeks…whatcha think? When do you figure to put your grow to 12/12??

Well, gonna get things going and see whats up. Catcha on the flip side.

2 Likes

@cyberblast

Hi my friend!!

Excellent to hear about the clones!! :+1:

That sounds excellent about how well things are growing on your end.:slightly_smiling_face:

So a couple of weeks for you until flower eh?

I’m thinking I’m going for four weeks of veg before I flip.

By that point I’ll have potted up to the seven gallon grow bags and have a couple of more feedings in.

Can’t wait to see those photos!!

Talk to you in a bit!

Have a great Sunday!:slightly_smiling_face::+1:

2 Likes

@Alton66 Here is a photo of the roots on the first clone. The other clone looks the same but had to put it in right away as the ball was falling apart. Got a good photo of this one. Nice big bunch of roots for a clone that was just put into that pot 5 days ago. And was growing out of the bottom.

I am thinking of going ahead and putting it to flower next week. They are growing so big and fast, that they might get too big for this tent. You going to pot up to 7 next week? That will be 3 or maybe 4 weeks veg for you wont it?

Here is the root photo.

1 Like

@cyberblast

Hey buddy!!

Wow!! Those roots look great!!

Good idea to put it into flower.

Yes I’m going to pot up into the sevens in four or five days.
I gave nutrients today using a House and Garden part A & B for soil for the first time.

They’re looking really good.

I’m going to update my grow journal and our competition page with some photos in a few hours.

See you there!!!:slightly_smiling_face::+1:

1 Like

Okay, the girls are in the start of week 2 of flower. Couple photos of the OG Kush and the Gold Leaf

6 Likes

Have you started drooling in anticipation yet​:rofl:. Very nice :+1:

2 Likes

@SmoknGranny On occasion…When I stop to think about it…and when its the middle of the night, like now, and I am hurting. Makes me wish it was grown and dried and cured. :thinking:

1 Like