First Hydro Grow (DWC)

mmmmmmmmmmm yes and no , lol you want LOTS of tiny bubbles ,fizzy would be best …if you put one large stone in the middle only and you grow full mature plants youll have so much root mass that it blocks the bubbles from the outer edge ,if only out side and you have Heavy rooting it mite get root rot on the middle root zone …AT times about 1/2 way thru bud … i have to lift the lids and disconnect the stones …pull 1/4 inch air hose out of roots and reconnect and place under the middle of the roots … if i do it rite ill gain the equivalent of 1-2 gallons of root mass per bucket …Meaning at the end of a grow i put 1-2 gallons LESS of water into the system because it wont hold it any more because of the roots Displacing the water… make since ???

Yes sir it does. I’m really interested in learning how to grow hydro. I think I’m gonna get a bucket and shit this weekend and give it a shot. Have you always built your own or did you start with one from hydro store. I was thinking if that’s a better / cheaper route ?

1 Like

build mine and buy as needed .once oyu have the basics you can add or subtract as needed ,

Gotcha. Alright so once I get everything just go by that video and put everything together? Just make holes according to tube size ?

i saw ur post from back in febuary did u ever get your hydro system?

1 Like

No I didn’tsemy 1st ww seeds didn’t make it, so before the second ones came I made some small orders elsewhere and started those so my garden is piece-meal now as I had planned to start for bubble buckets of the same strain / size plant for ease…

…so I did it in the dirt. I have the thread still up only because I’m just starting back after a while and I kind of wanted the inspiration and also have a few things I’m learning as I go and there’s a few things I’m remembering that might share with others, so…

-Hope you enjoy it

1 Like

Wattup ktreez I wanted to ask you what steps you took to transplant from soil to DWC. Right now I have 6 seedlings in 1gallon smart pots with coco and perlite that I want to put in DWC. What would be the best way to transplant them to DWC with least amount of stress?

1 Like

You need to spray your medium really good and wet and try to save as much of the roots you can , so dig very carefully in wet soil and after you get it dug up , rinse off the roots in a spare bucket if possible with the same ph water you been feeding with and that will help to not stunt the roots , but she will stress regardless once it’s changed over from soil to hydro , once you get the roots cleaned put it in your hydro setup carefully and fill it with your rocks and let her recover .

How would I rinse the roots. Poor water on them or fill up bucket with ph water and dunk the bottom carefully until soils and or coco comes off

Yes ph a spare bucket deep enough at the same ph and dunk the roots until you get most of the soil medium off , you don’t want to clogged your hydro setup with loose soil , hydro is very less forgiving than soil .

1 Like

Ok cool thanks. There seedlings are in coco but yes I will get as much of it of before I put it into bucket. Btw my hydro girl is doing great. She’s already about to pass the other two that are in coco and a little roots organics it’s crazy I’ve been trying to post a pic but it’s saying my pictures are to big or some shit anybody know how to fix that I have an iPhone 6splus.

Try options or more to reduce caption size .

1 Like

On my phone ? I have aIphone 6 s plus. I haven’t figured out how to do make pics smaller does anybody ?

All I know is the lil arrow , which is the seventh symbol to the left in the top box .

Once you made the transplant from soil to DWC how long did they take to get use to the DWC

Can’t find they arrow

when I went from soil to hydro my plants were 12" took them close to 2 weeks to recover and show signs of new growth trick is to start light with nutrients mostly rooting nutrients lots of air h2o2 helps

1 Like

Ok thanks donald I will use a low ppm of rooting nutes. Do you think I should ad some super thrive or anything else like NUTS or silica or any other nutes to the Res ? I also have h2O2. What should nutes should I use first to clean clean out the DWC bucket ?

super thrive is good start works good with h2o2 I would avoid silicate until plants are showing new top growth it buffers ph control making it harder to adjust and since you should expect some fluctuation for first week or 2 it makes tracking ppm a bitch. I add bloom micro 1:1 super thrive h2o2 at about 10 ml 2 tsp a gallon for first few days daily since microbes will be present in any remaining soil depending greatly on size of plants at transplant if you are still close to seedling size under 6" keep ppm below 250 this is based on using RO or distilled water but keeping around the same with tap too keep water temp below 70f less risk of root rot.

Damn your are completely right the ph is fluctuating. I when to adjust very two days. So when is the coerrect time to add silicate? For my DWC I’ve been using sensi grow A&B nuts, silica , rapid roots, carboload, agro zyme. And a few othrs