First Grow, would like some advice please

Not spilled anything on them. When watering I even use a bit of paper towel to suck up any beads of water, so not to make a tune lens in them.

I ha e a feeling I just over dried them out maybe?? Hopefully??

Thanks for the chart, I’ll look into it tonight once I get back home.

Regarding size, they have really shot up the last 4 days. These are Afghans so not sure if they grow a little quicker or not?

Cheers.

Your strain is 100% Indica. Mine is 40% Sativa 60% Indica. I think mine should be bigger with the Sativa in it so you are doing well at this point. Your winning for now!!!

Cheers, but don’t jinx me :grimacing:

I can’t really see anything on that chart is relevant. I have another threat about nutrients, I’ll take some decent detailed pics tomorrow and put them up there. Hopefully some of the more experienced growers that are into their nutrients.

I thought my roots looked good though.

Hey,
I had some issues my first grow. Then I found the R.B. ILGM website and bought some of these Afghan seeds. Loving Indica. Well, since I has such bad luck the first time doing it on my own, I decided this time to go FF soil Nutrients and cloth bags. FF has a great support staff to help you out. I have three LED four panel light set up and now I need to get more lights. My Afghan seeds went insane. One had some issues but they cleared up. They looked the same as yours without the splotches at about 3 weeks. I am still trying to fathom how this giant bush in front of me, after 11 weeks came from a seed. I had to do the final transplant into a seven gal cloth container after six weeks and I could have gone bigger. I have to enlarge my closet and get more lights. These are two of my Afghan girls 11 weeks old 2 weeks into flower in my Flower room and my overgrown Veg room at the top. The difference in color is one was taken under the LED lights and the other really green one was taken when I pulled it out to flush it in normal light.The FF open sesame really has helped. Then I got some gold leaf seeds and they are becoming monsters. All thanks to ILGM seeds and FF nutrients and soil. These are too bushy. Need to trim them up a little.

3 Likes

Looks like nutrient burn to me, which I have on mine when first started. I have a 7 pod unit but was only using 3 for growing. I made the mistake of putting nutrients in for 7 plants.

thanks, thing is i haven’t (or had not) added anything but water to the plants. and morning of day 15, the blotches broke out on one of the two .

i have more info at the link below, i added todays finding to that thread

Phosphorus maybe? That or your pH is out of wack. Double check the runoff after watering. It’s also possible that your soil was originally too hot. I noticed you didn’t post what kind of soil your using. Since plants don’t uptake nutrients until they are a bit older the nutrient burn probably wouldn’t have happened until around now anyways? Just a theory

Sorry I just seen the soil post. Scratch the nute burn theory…

1 Like

@TheDuke Hi Duke. This has nothing to do with your problem but I added some Cal/Mag to my aero grow and I saw a difference in one day. Im just telling you this so you can keep up on our little competition. Hope you find out what those blotches are

1 Like

I agree. You have to watch the nutrients. I use about 1/2 of what they say to use. Don’t forget to clone a couple of branches before you flower.

Clone or trim?

Glad to see everyone is sharing information and having fun. Now if you would all just send me some of your harvest, I would be more than happy to give you feedback.:blush:

4 Likes

I’m way of cloning, and didn’t want to anger the gods getting ahead of myself. So at least I know when to do it now.

This may sound super stupid, but if you clone, then clone a clone, the cone the Clone of a clone and so on… Does the plant output degrade over time. A bit like a photo copy?

Is keeping a mother plant in permanent veg better?

I only ask as I’m in a non open minded country, so I don’t want to be ordering many seeds, so need to nail the cloning down.

Saying that, I’m 20 days (or so) into grow one, and I seem to have caught the bug, and may need to expand my stains. Just, well, because I’m finding it fun.

1 Like

I’m told that after a year old plants run the risk of becoming hermaphrodite. In theory you can veg a plant indefinitely.

Hermaphrodite? Whar would that mean if you then put it to flower?

Read this article

2 Likes

I cut off the lower bottom branches. They only produce scraggly buds so I focus on the real good buds.Then I cut off about 1/2 of the little sprouts on the branches,put them in water with a small amount of cloning gel. Since they get no light on the bottom when I clone them and they get light they explode! I use old prescription bottles. I takes about two weeks for them to sprout roots. Some sprout sooner. I wait until the roots are nice and thick, then I add a little soil so they get use to dirt. Then, into 3 inch little containers. If I put them in dirt right away they have problems so I just add a little dirt until it gets use to it, Then I transplant it.That is just how I learned to do it. It works! I have so many friggin clones from the Afghan mother plant with seeds I got from ILGM. They have got nuts! These are clones that are taking over. Here is photo of the bottom of the clone I trimmed and the top of it. I could not afford to buy a cloning set so I do it the way I know. Here is my little girl I just transplanted. A clone from ILGM Afghan. She will be a giant in a month. I use FF soil and nutrients for the best result.

5 Likes

I don’t think so. You can clone a clone of a clone of a clone and it will still be good.

1 Like

GREAT ARTICLE! It really shows you the different ways.

Could be heat stress. What do you have for light on em n temps n stuff