First grow shopping list 5 x 5 hydroponic LED tent help

I’ve had a 4x4 and recently got a 3x3. Eventually I’m plannin on using the 3x3 for veg and the 4x4 for flower

3 Likes

Most will Last 1 year ones with a reversible filter with last around 1-1/2 years
Spend the wxtra few buck on one with removable flanges they are reversible
Heres a link

https://www.amazon.com/iPower-Scrubber-Reversible-Prefilter-Included/dp/B00E582DV2?tag=greenrel-20

This is a 4 inch size yours to fit fan

2 Likes

@Countryboyjvd1971 That is a good idea instead of 4 x 8 and 2 x 2 for cloning… I can use cheaper lights for veg right? like cfl or low cost leds and spend more on the flowering tent for quantum boards… Which would affect end yield more?

1 Like

@Countryboyjvd1971 4 inch is enough for a 4 x 4 running at how many cfms? Was planning on getting a 6 inch for less noise since the room will be beside my house helps room…

Yeah what i started doing my self
I have ine 4x4x7 with some inexpensive
Cobs totaling 600 watts actual draw
I use fir veg
Then i have a second tent same size for flower
I use one 630 watt lec fixture (not Led) in there
And a third tent 2x2x4 for progation and all other tasks i have a few light options fir thatvtent depending on needs
I also plan on building out my space for more room
I currently have 13 plants going so more space is needed lol
@MarianoGomes
Youll be good with 4 inch filter up to avout 200 cfm
If your moving more you can get a longer filter to prevent restricting

2 Likes

@Countryboyjvd1971 sounds like a sweet set-up! how much average yield do you get per harvest? you have a grow journal?

I average 6-8 ounces per plant
I definitely have a few threads going my last few didint end great had a death in the family thatvi was dealing with
@MarianoGomes

@Countryboyjvd1971 how many plants do you usually flower in a 4 x 4? 4?

@Countryboyjvd1971 Another question in regards to fan exhaust since I will be running an airconditionaire in the room to cool down temperatures and there is a neighbor on the other side of the window can I just exhaust the tent into the room with the windows closed so the cold air doesn’t go out? Will the CO2 from 2 people living in the house be enough?

1 Like

You can definitely recycle your air
adding some fresh Air to room as well should supply and plenty of co2
With a carbon filter you have no worries about the neighbors smelling anything if thats why you dont want to exhaust
Your ac will run harder to compensate for the heat from the lights especially in summer time
I recycle my air all winter from all three tents to retain the heat
No issues @MarianoGomes
Fyi im a commercial HVAC Mechanic out of NYC
So i know a few things about ventilation lmao

2 Likes

@Countryboyjvd1971 oh chiz nice I will bug you a lot when I start building this hahaha :slight_smile:

1 Like

No worries bro im around most everyday at some point :+1:

@Countryboyjvd1971 its not the smell its more of why would there be a big silver tube sticking out of my 3rd floor room window it’s just plain weird and suspicious lol

1 Like

Do you have a attic ?
That way you can pipe the vent up to attic ? Threw a closet or something just a thought ?
Or build a window kit with a 6 inch whole if anyone asks its a portable AC unit lol

1 Like

@Countryboyjvd1971 I don’t have an attic are there specs on how to build a window stealth thing?

1 Like

@MarianoGomes there are a number of stealth solutions. If you plan on installing a window air conditioner You probably could squeeze the vent next to it. Most people would look at A/C with out paying attention to a duct next to it. You could get a dryer vent cover. Or even an attic vent to go next to it. I don’t know how big the window is.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0001IMLO4/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_a9qyAbX2QCBAG?tag=greenrel-20

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B004Y75SUC/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_u.qyAb84113GW?tag=greenrel-20

2 Likes

You can just cut a piece if plywood to fit inside window frame make sure you can close window down onto it to seal and cut a 4 or 6 inch whole for exhaust tube
Anyone of those covers @Covertgrower posted will help hide the tube and keep critters from entering
@MarianoGomes

3 Likes