First grow shopping list 5 x 5 hydroponic LED tent help

I would. These are the roots on my gold leaf in a 14 gallon tote. She was in veg for 60 days.

3 Likes

how tall did it grow in 60 and which strain?

I never ised anything but the 5 gallon ones

The strain is Gold Leaf and I scrogged it:

The first screen is 15ā€ from the top of the tote and the second screen is 21ā€. My tallest cola is 28ā€ from the top of the tote.

3 Likes

damn thatā€™s beautiful if you average yield per month is scrogging worth it over normal training methods? And is perpetual harvest doable with scrog?

1 Like

Perpetual harvest is doable with any method if you have the spaces and lights.

I canā€™t tell you if vegging longer will provide a better yield per day than, say, doing a SCROG. I donā€™t have enough experience to know.

1 Like

@MarianoGomes

Welcome to ILGM. I see you have already met some of the members here.
They are awesome arenā€™t they ?
I think you are in good no you are in good hands.
Iā€™em going to leave you with my grow room supply list just in case you may have forgotten something.
Some things may or may not apply to your grow but iā€™em sure you can figure that out.

Will

Grow Tent:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01DXYMKIO/ref=ox_sc_act_title_9?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A2PQGFJXAT8J9K/?tag=greenrel-20

Lighting:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00P8P51ZQ/ref=ox_sc_act_title_8?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A2PQGFJXAT8J9K/?tag=greenrel-20

Fan/filter/ducting:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00DIH7TL0/ref=ox_sc_act_title_6?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=AXC6VLRHTOFD2/?tag=greenrel-20

Nutrients:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008UCCCII/ref=ox_sc_act_title_5?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER/?tag=greenrel-20

Cal-Mag:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004JKBMRW/ref=ox_sc_act_title_3?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A19I28AKMOKQVB/?tag=greenrel-20

PH Kit:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000BNKWZY/ref=ox_sc_act_title_2?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER/?tag=greenrel-20

Soil:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00GRADNDS/ref=ox_sc_act_title_4?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER/?tag=greenrel-20

Here is my list so farā€¦ Might give you ideasā€¦

Lasko 2521 Oscillating Stand Fan, 16-Inch 1 ea

Simple Deluxe HIWKLTCLAMPLIGHTM Clamp Lamp Light w/ 8.5-Inch Reflector, 150-Watt, 6-Foot Cord, UL Listed 2 ea

3 Way ( Straight Shaped ) with Plug Locations On The left, Right, and Middle ā€“ Wall Outlet Splitter Triple Prong Wall Plug Adapterā€“ Green Color 1 ea

SPL Horticulture GLRP18 Pair of 1/8" Adjustable Grow Light Rope Hanger w/ Improved Metal Internal Gears 4 2-pk

Ideal-Air 380037 Noise Reduction Clamp, 6" 1 ea

VIVOSUN 6 Inch Noise Reducer Silencer for Inline Duct Fan 1 ea

Covery 3 in 1 Soil Tester Moisture Meter, Light and PH acidity Tester, Plant Tester 1 ea

Chapin 20000 1-Gallon Poly Lawn and Garden Sprayer 2 ea

Philips 433557 23W 100-watt T2 Twister 6500K CFL Light Bulb 1 4-pk

200 Count- Jiffy 7 Peat Soil 42mm Pellets Seeds Starting Plugs 1 200-pk

Stansport Reinforced Multi-Purpose Tarp 2 ea

G-LEAF 5-Gallon 10-Bag Grow Bag, Grow Pot for Plant 1 10-pk

General Hydroponics GH1514 Ph Control Kit 1 each

VIVOSUN 440 CFM 6" Inline Duct Fan with 6" Carbon Filter Odor Control with Australia Virgin Charcoal 1 ech

Growsun 60"x60"x80" Horticulture Grow Tent 5x5 Indoor Growing Tents Mylar Hydroponic Grow Room 1 ea

VIPARSPECTRA Reflector-Series 900W LED Grow Light Full Spectrum for Indoor Plants Veg and Flower 2 ea

Pack of 3 - 22 Oz Durable Empty Spray Bottles 1 3-pk

Yield Lab 5ft. x 15ft (60 in x 180 in) Soft Mesh Trellis Netting 1 ea

Fox Farm FX14049 Liquid Nutrient Trio Soil Formula: Big Bloom, Grow Big, Tiger Bloom 1 ech

Century 7 Day Heavy Duty Digital Programmable Timer - Dual Outlet 1 ea

10 Plant Growing Trays (No Drain Holes) 1 10-pk

Digital Aid Professional pH Meter with Large Backlit LCD Screen 1 ea

Foxfarm FX14000 Ocean Forest Soil, Smart Naturals, 1.5 cubic feet 3 ea

White Widow Seeds 1 10-pk

My Cozy Home Pruner - Bypass Pruning Shears with Safety Lock 1 ea

Century 7 Day Heavy Duty Digital Programmable Timer - Dual Outlet 1 ea

iPower GLDUCT25C Non-Insulated Ducting Aluminum Foil Vent with 2 Clamps, 25-Feet 6-Inch 1 ea

AcuRite 00613 Indoor Humidity Monitor 1 ea

Lasko 2004W 2-Speed Clip Fan, 6-Inch, White 1 ea

3ā€™ Fixture Chain, Nickel - 2 Pack 1 2-pk

Hydrofarm HGS16P Green Premium Saucer 1 10-pk

Camco 40043 TastePURE Water Filter with Flexible Hose Protector 1 ea

6 Inch Plastic Flower Seedlings Nursery Supplies Planter Pot/pots Containers 1 40-pk

Farmer in the Glen 10"x20.75" Waterproof Seedling Heat Mat for Hydroponics, Propogation and Cloning - Mat Only 1 ea

Apex REM 15 15-Foot Connector Hose 1 ea

A1001 Heavy Duty Brass Y 2 Way Garden Hose Connector Brass 2-Way Splitter 1 ea

Matthew420

@Bogleg I think I wasnā€™t clear with how I worded that hehe since scrogging requires more time in the veg phase if you average yield over time which would have a better yield a normal grow with a vegging phase of only 2 weeks or doing scrog and vegging for 4 or more weeks?

@garrigan62 Thank you bro! :grinning:

@MarianoGomes

Your very welcome. Iā€™m more or am a soil guy but I do have a lot of info on your type of grow. So any time I can be of any help iā€™ll jump in.

Will

I understood, I just donā€™t know the answer to your question unfortunately. My grows are all about keeping me with a supply until the next harvest.

itā€™s cool bro :slight_smile:

A perpetual grow requires multiple spaces for sure due to the light heights and schedules. Iā€™ve seen a lot of people with a veg tent and a flower tent. This would allow a staggered grow, but not perpetual. Even then, thatā€™s with the assumption that the plants are all either the same strain, or similar heights and timing. Otherwise your shorter plants will take forever and still not reach their potential. I have multiple tents and got them with the intention of staggering. My very 1st grow with that setup and Iā€™ve already had to split 2 plants in 1 tent and 2 in the other because they are drastically different in height. However, when this grow is finally done, my yield should carry me through another full cycle and then some. NOTE ā€œshouldā€.

Look at you guys go with the shopping lists! Iā€™m not that organized. I tend to figure out what I need as I need it. Multiple trips to the garden center. Luckily I have the luxury of a local grow shop and I love going there. The staff is a wealth of information and donā€™t try too hard to pretend people are growing anything other than what theyā€™re really growing. We just canā€™t say the word out loud.

3 Likes

For a perceptual grow you definitely need at least 2 spaces. Also want plants that are pretty routine in flowering times. You coukd get an 8 weeks flower time strain and veg for 8 weeks then put them to flower, once they are put in there start more and by the time those are finishing up you can mobe those veg into flower. Goal would be harvest every 8 to 9 weeks.

@muffybunny yeah you are lucky need to ship all that stuff to my country thatā€™s why I need to make sure everything is right or else it will be a 2 month wait for a new part not available here lol So been researching a lot to make sure it is spot on before I payā€¦

2 Likes

@Dieselgrower I was thinking since I am using hydro do I move the entire bucket or transfer the plant? I donā€™t really know how transferring works if doing DWC

You can move the entire net pot. When I was in the 3.5 gallon buckets when I did a res change I just changed buckets. Just lift the whole plant and lid from one to the other. If your net pot/lid fits the new bucket you are good.

1 Like

You could do autos in a single space if it was big enough. Could get a perpetual harvest with harvest every month with 3-4 plants?

1 Like

Iā€™ve never done a perpetual with hydro, but when I ran hydro the only time I switched out a bucket is before I had a vetvac and it would be a res change each week. If you are going to scrog though there wont be any moving or swaping out buckets, or at least I donā€™t see how ot could be done with a net, unless each bucket had itā€™s own net system then you could just move the netpot as @Bogleg said

2 Likes

@Bogleg oh ok so roots can handle that because I have been looking at ready made rdwc systems with an extra reservoir bucket to make water changes easierā€¦ but this information does open up a lot more cheaper options. I can just get 2 of that system Looked at single dwc bucket systems and that will just cost a lotā€¦