First grow shopping list 5 x 5 hydroponic LED tent help

So this is what I came up with researching for a week I need to cut costs though so any suggestions for different products btw I live by the equator so our problem here is heat and high humidity. P.S. I copied and pasted this from amazon sorry for the stuff with underlines and different colors for some reason the forum won’t let me properly change the format. TY.

Grow Tent:
Apollo Horticulture 60”x60”x80” Mylar Hydroponic Grow Tent for Indoor Plant Growing

Lights:
https://www.amazon.com/Morsen-MAX12-Bright-Dimmer-Switch/dp/B072BGBG8S/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1516089778&sr=8-1&keywords=morsen+3600w?tag=greenrel-20

or

100 Watt UVA UVB Mercury Vapor Bulb / Lamp / Light for Reptile and Amphibian Use - Excellent UVA UVB Reptile Light / Reptile Bulb

Measuring and testing units:
PH Meter with Automatic Calibration, 7Pros High Accuracy Pen Type Water Quality Tester, 6 pH Buffer Powder Packets, Best Tool for Testing PH of Fish Tank, Pool, Pond, Kombucha, Wine and Drinking Water

AcuRite 00613 Humidity Monitor with Indoor Thermometer, Digital Hygrometer and Humidity Gauge Indicator

HM Digital AP-1 AquaPro Water Quality Total Dissolved Solids Tester, 0-5000 ppm TDS Range, 1 ppm Resolution, +/- 2% Readout Accuracy (Magnetic Body)

HM Digital 1000ppm TDS Calibration Solution

Grow medium:
HTG Supply Bubble Brothers 6-Site DWC Hydroponic System

Hydroponic nutrients:
General Hydroponics FloraGro, FloraBloom, FloraMicro Combo Fertilizer set + 1oz Rapidstart (Quarts)

General Hydroponics CALiMAGic Quart

Botanicare LIQUID KARMA Plant Growth Enhancer Supplement 0.1-0.1-0.5 Formula, 1-Quart

Botanicare HYDROGUARD Bacillus Root Inoculant, 1-Quart

Miscelanous:
Grower’s Edge Green Twist Tie Dispenser w/ Cutter - 164 ft (6/Cs)

Zip Ties, 500 Pcs Adjustable Durable Self locking Black Nylon Zip Cable Ties for Home Office Garage Workshop Heavy Duty

3 x Apollo Horticulture GLRP18 Pair of 1/8" Adjustable Grow Light Rope Hanger w/ Improved Metal Internal Gears

TERAPUMP TRHD03 2D Battery Operated Liquid, Gas, Water Transfer Pump w/Auto-Stop System (Leak protection)and Buzzer

Automation:
Autopilot TM01015 Analog Grounded Timer, 1725W, 15A, 15 Minute On/Off, 24 Hour15 Grounded Timer, 15 Amp, 1725 Watt

Urban Farmer Weekly 7 Day Programmable Dual Outlet Digital Timer

Inkbird Itc-308 Digital Temperature Controller Outlet Thermostat, 2-stage, 1100w, w/ Sensor

Grozone Control TP3 High Temperature Shut-Off Tempstat

Temperature and humidity control:
hOmeLabs 9 Gallon (70 Pint) Dehumidifier Energy Star Safe Mid Size Portable Dehumidifiers for Basements Large Rooms up to 4000 Sq Ft with Fan Wheels and Drain Hose Outlet to Remove Odor and Allergens

Scent control:
Phresh 701005 Carbon Air Filter, 6 by 16-Inch, 400 CFM

Active Air 400 CFM Inline Fan, 6-Inch

iPower 6 Inch 25 Feet Air Ducting Dryer Vent Hose for HVAC Ventilation, 2 Clamps included

Active Air ACSC Duct Fan Speed Adjuster

Drying and curing:
Boveda 62-Percent RH 2-Way Humidity Control, 8 gram - 10 Pack

Caliber IV Digital Hygromter by Western Humidor

SHINE HAI Professional Hand Pruner Bypass Pruning Shears with Safety Lock, Tree Trimmers Secateurs, Garden Shears, Clippers for the Garden

Fiskars Softouch Micro-Tip Pruning Snip

Carson MicroBrite Plus 60x-120x Power LED Lighted Pocket Microscope (MM-300)

Cloning and seedling:
General Hydroponics Rapid Rooter Replacement Plugs 50 count

Cloning Kit: Cut Kit Tray 11" x 21", 72 Cell Tray, Humidity Dome 7.5", Rapid Rooter 50 Plugs, Clonex Rooting Gel 100 ml + Twin Canaries Chart

3 Likes

I tbink the list looks good
As far as lights go
I think youd be happy with the light you posted from amazon
@Donaldj could confirm you have all you need fir the hydro end of the grow set up im a soil guy
@MarianoGomes
Welcome and happy growing

1 Like

If you don’t mind me making a recommendation. I assume these are the 3.5 gallon buckets. When I started growing that’s what I used as well:

I ended up having to switch to bigger reservoirs mid-grow:

Why? Because if you decide to grow photoperiod plants in those 3.5 gallon buckets you simply can’t let them veg too long or the roots will fill up those buckets, and then you will have all kinds of pains trying to get PH and PPM adjusted properly. In fact, even with no roots, you only get 2-2.5 gallons of water in the 3.5 gallon buckets due to the net pots… so it’s very hard to keep them stable. The larger totes are wayyyy easier to keep adjusted. These are the roots on one of my plants as of this past week:

Several weeks later and the main root ball still has the shape of the 3.5 gallon bucket it used to be in.

I would strongly encourage you to consider just going to Target or Walmart and finding opaque totes in the 8-15 gallon range to use for any photos you want to grow. If you really wanted to have flexibility, you could buy extra lids for the totes. Then you could have a single site lid with one hole and net pot in it, and you could have another lid for the tote with 2, 4 or 6 holes in it. You could, for example, grow two autos in one 14 gallon tote easily enough, or grow 4 photos in a SOG style, etc.

Of course, as you can see in my photos, I ended up just using the lids from the Bubble Boy buckets on top of my totes, but if you don’t have them on hand you would just have to buy net pots and make sure you have something to cut holes in the lids with.

3 Likes

Thank you good vibes to @Countryboyjvd1971! :slight_smile:

1 Like

You get the help or advice you meed here my friend
@Bogleg has goid advice as well on the hydro
I forgot you. Where a hydro guy bogleg thanks fir helping our new friend

Wow thanks for saving me money does that system have top feed or just dwc? Does it have a seperate reservoir? I saw this just now. 5 gallons with a reservoir.

https://www.amazon.com/AquaBuckets-Gallon-Hydroponic-System-Mixing/dp/B009JUQO9I/ref=sr_1_2?tag=greenrel-20

Is that easy to make? cus I am not that handy at building stuff and it might arose suspicion if it is too noisy. I was thinking of using a soldering iron to make holes on the lid if I do DIY. A list of items to be able to make that would be great or a link.

2 Likes

So far I am only doing straight DWC. I have acquired the parts to build an under current style system using 8 gallon buckets. But given the root sizes I saw this grow when I decided to veg for 60 days, I am going to run a grow with the 8 gallon buckets straight DWC first and see how they do, then build the under current system if all goes well.

So so you know the level of maintenance required if all is going well, here is what my normal week looks like.

Sunday - complete reservoir change. I use a transfer pump to remove all the water in my totes (with the plants in flower they hold roughly 8 gallons of water (14 gallon totes).

Monday - Adjust PH as needed
Tuesday - Adjust PH and top off with plain water
Wednesday - Adjust PH as needed
Thursday - Adjust PH and PPM as needed
Friday - Adjust PH as needed
Saturday - Adjust PH as needed
Sunday - Adjust PH and PPM

I change out the reservoirs every two weeks.

Now, that’s my ideal schedule. I travel a lot so I generally go 2-3 days a week without doing anything.

I use a siphon pump (battery operated) to top off the totes. If you don’t have a siphon pump on your list, I highly recommend getting one.

Your list of equipment has quality stuff on it.

If you aren’t handy and you want an RWDC system I think the HTG RDWC system with the 55 gallon external reservoir looks awesome. It’s like $300-400 I think?

I almost pulled the trigger on that, but decided I could build something for less.

4 Likes

And this ine @Donaldj

Have you ever ran hydro before? Does the bucket system you have come with hydroton?

Just a helpful tip, when using a rdwc or any dwc that is all tied together, it makes it difficult to correct problems to one plant because they all feed from the same place. It can become tricky to solve one issue, but it might make another as well for another plant

1 Like

It is a nicer bucket unit I would see myself changing central res right away

Hmm just buying one bucket each does make sens if you put it this way… I can focus on each plant your right. I will be looking on single bucket products rdwc.

Yeah it comes with hydroton but it is only 3.5gallons I will look for a bigger rdwc single bucket system and just buy them seperate.

yeah there are a lot of complaints on the res and some people changed the hosing as well in the amazon comments

I was using the 5 gallon buckets when I ran my hydro. It is challenging or at keast it was for me, you csn correct problems quick, but problems also vsn get bad quick. Home depot and wallmart usully have cheap 5 gallon buckets that may fit the lid.

I also began to swap out the the bucket that was in use with a whole new res and bucket, if that makes sense. I would suggest a wetvac to help with the rws changes. I started out using the vac to suck out the old res and pour in the new solution. Easier on the back ad wel, bit it’s all your own preference

1 Like

Rofl, I was reading this thinking @MarianoGomes setup sure looks like @Bogleg setup. I see the error Of my ways now

1 Like

I’m not sure if y’all allow high times articles over here @Donaldj, if not, feel free to delete it.

I really added allot of “extras” to my system @MarianoGomes but this was the foundation to my build

only use 90mil buckets with uni seals

2 Likes

would you say getting a bigger 8 to 10 gallon tote would be future proofing my rig?

2 Likes

thanks for sharing reading. :slight_smile:

1 Like