First Grow From Beginning to End

Good point. I always forget about autos.

2 Likes
  1. How much would having a herm or revegging set you back?
  2. I do the same, I don’t see anything wrong with interrupting the light period from time to time for a few minutes here and there. Pretend you’re a big cloud lol
1 Like

@Myfriendis410 @elheffe702 @Covertgrower , thx for the information and perspective. My plants are photo-period. My practice (in theory since I have had no experience) will be to only visit the room during daylight hours when in flowering stage.

I am also considering dividing my 8’ X 8’ room into two areas. Not sure just yet as I have another section that is 4 X 5 that I can use as well.

2 Likes

That has been my theory so far…:face_with_raised_eyebrow:

1 Like

You have plenty of space to set it up so you harvest at worst every couple months…even less with autos, even less is you divide it into more areas!

1 Like

My grow room is totally isolated from outside light and eyes and is fairly large (~ 120 ft^2). Just trying to figure out the best way to use the space between cloning, veging and flowering. Even have double door isolation from the “finished” part of the basement.

1 Like

You get the idea. Some precautions, like visiting and watering with lights on. All of that is common sense.
As far as room goes, you always need more room for flowering, because they get stretchy and bushy.
But you could have three different veg areas. Two at the minimum. Seedlings, and semi adults.
Then the adult veg area, you could then move to the flowering area. If I could do it again, I would flower in a 4x4 area. Then have two spaces for veg.

4 Likes

@merlin44
Your plants are looking fantastic!! You’ll be flowering before you know it! I have two small set ups for germing and early sprouts/seedlings. One 3x3x6 tent for vegging and another tent coming (3x3x80") which will be my flowering tent. In theory, I am aiming for a perpetual grow and once I get the hang of it I hope to harvest every 45 days. I read your post when I got home from work (after peeking in on my girls first) and I am just so impressed with how supportive everyone on this forum is to the newbies.
Keep up the good work!
Jeb

2 Likes

Light leaks are a bigger issue in flower
During veg fir the most part its nit a issue
You do want to interrupt your dark period even for a few minutes in flower you can cause a hermi condition with your plants
I tape all indicator lights and what not on my surge protectors and fans whatever and seal any leaks

2 Likes

@Countryboyjvd1971 does that include for autos? This is good topic. @merlin44 your always asking ahead of game!!! :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Not really @ReMoLu autos dont care and will flower under 24 hrs of light
I still don’t interrupt night cycle tho myself
And i flower autos under 12-12 also

2 Likes

@ReMoLu, so sorry, I will try to contain myself just a little bit.:blush::sunglasses::writing_hand::man_scientist::cowboy_hat_face:

My wife says that I am like a five year old, always asking questions. Unfortunately I have not seen five years old for nearly six decades.:face_with_raised_eyebrow:

2 Likes

@merlin44 that’s a good thing brother!!! Wasn’t meant to be anything other than a compliment

1 Like

@ReMoLu, I did take it that way…my humor sometimes isn’t, wife is usually there to make sure that I know that I am not as amusing as I think I am…:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

1 Like

@merlin44 I FIM’D mine tonight and cut away the lower leave on #5 that had issues. I am very excited going through this as a first time grower. All the support here is amazing

5 Likes

@ReMoLu @Countryboyjvd1971 @Momtomask @Covertgrower @Rugar89 @Donaldj @Myfriendis410
Just FIM’d one of my Gold Leaf, Topped a Gold Leaf and left one Gold Leaf to grow naturally. Will FIM one of the two White Widows in a couple of days and leave the other natural. I will give them all a nice drink now after torturing them.:expressionless::man_scientist::writing_hand::cowboy_hat_face:

6 Likes

As @Myfriendis410 would say, Pictures or it didn’t happen. :mask:

2 Likes

@Rugar89 LMAO :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:
I will post a couple of photos a in while. Still LMAO…

2 Likes

Post FIM and Topping Photos
@Niala @neckNflu @Donaldj @Flyr @Momtomask @Countryboyjvd1971 @Covertgrower @Myfriendis410 @highcountrygal @Rugar89

FIM’d

Topped (I may have FIM’d this topping effort)

12 Likes

@dbrn32 @raustin @ReMolu @mulegal @BIGE @elheffe702 @SilentHippie @Greasemonkey

1 Like