First Grow home made cylindrical grow tent with led , cfl and uvb lights

Hello all… New to growing , in ma, yeah legal! I have been reading the forum for a month or so now, you guys are great! I have learned a lot. 6 seed in the soil on Feb 14 …2 AK 47 auto …2 Amnesia Haze auto… 2 white ice fem i got in Jamaica. I built my own cylindrical grow tent out of emt conduit and reflective bubble wrap from lowes. I am using 1 galaxy hydro 300watt grow LED with six 27 watt 6500k cfl bulbs and three reptile UVB 200 26watt cfl bulbs( UVB on for 4 hours in peak light) I will be replacing the cfls with 2700k during flower. Home made charcoal filter with 4" muffin fan…temp 62 dark…74 when lights are on. looks good so far. I will post pics soon

4 Likes

Hey @Happygro if youve been lurking, then you already know we are loaded with MA guys! Welcome to the ILGM forum, if you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to ask!

I think we need to see some pics of your DIY grow. Sounds interesting, I’d really like to see what you’ve done there!

1 Like

Yes @bob31 i did notice that there are a lot of ma guys. I will get some pics soon… waiting on a new phone.

2 Likes

sounds good! Welcome, glad you are here. If you have any questions or anything, please ask!

When taking pics with a phone. ALWAYS ensure location services is turned off. Whether legal there or not. Location services embeds GPS coordinates into photos. Those convenient things to post to social media aren’t a good idea when growing.

2 Likes

@in2u4ia… Thankyou ! I did not think about that Will do

Here are some pictures of my setup

Ak 47 auto one week

9 Likes

That is a nice lil DIY setup you built. If your grow goes half as well as the hut. You’ll be doing big things. I see you even have your electricity in an orderly fashion. Usually ppl just do things all Willy nilly until they figure it out. You thought ahead. Well done bro!

2 Likes

In the second picture your plants are on “stilts” is what looks like to me, what are they? I use photo boxes but I like your idea much better

Hi @doodlebug …They are just some little stools i made out of some scrap wood. I think they allow for more air flow.

About 10 day from sprouting … First feeding mixed up 4ml of SLF100 and 1 teaspoon of organic plant magic in a gal of pH-ed water .Has anyone used these products?

2 Likes

The grow seems to be going great ! two weeks old…Very excited

3 Likes

23 days from sprout… a little LST …Very happy so far. open for any thoughts

3 Likes

30 days from sprout…the girls are going crazy!

3 Likes

They are very healthy looking @Happygro, keep the good work :+1::ok_hand:

~Al :v:

thankyou @Niala doing my best

1 Like

Girls gone wild… very happy!

3 Likes

:+1: no likes left

2 Likes

Just changed the CFLs to 2700k …I needed more light so i upgraded to 6- 42 watt instead of 6-27 watt hope it works we will see

Update on the girls…week or so in flower still looks good. may have to get rid of the Jamaicans they might be males, not sure yet. The extra light seems to be working. I am running out of room.

3 Likes