First Grow Green House Outdoor

ok @Growit The damage is done and is not reversible (the damage already showing). Mismatched pH can affect your harvest long term, so if you have $20- Incorrect pH is sure easy enough to correct. And yes that soil! Good stuff. I remember now. Thats fine and probably sitting around 6.5-6.8 pH. Water from tap is probably 7+ It cause nutrient lockout as well.

Here is a chart that show optimal pH for good nutrient uptake in soil and soil mixes

Nutrient_Chart2

1 Like

Hope that helps you :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Very cool thanks @SmoknGranny

1 Like

it doesn’t give the pH or TDS of their water. It does say that the use Chlorine, so it is important to let the chlorine evaporate before using the water! @Growit

2 Likes

I just ordered generalhydro ph up down kit with testing kit so I am gonna test run off next time I water to see wher we are and then I will start pHing my water
It was suggested before by some of the guys and gals here but I figured tap water would be a-ok
Anyway hope I haven’t screwed these up
Blueberry#1 still looks great and Northern Lights#1 looks well
Hopefully I can get Blueberry#2 through to harvest and get Northern Lights #2 back to being healthy

1 Like

I let the water sit out for a day or two in the watering can to help dissapate chlorine
My buddy tested our water before cause he is really into fish tanks and I hooked up and aquatic grade ro system for him and he was just curious about tap water pH and it was like 7 or 7.2

1 Like

Most places it is 7.2 pH that is pretty common number @Growit a bit outside the range for potted MJ Plants though.

1 Like

So I will start to pH test my run off and figure out what is lacking and then I am going to start pHing my water before feeding and watering
First grow just figured it wasn’t that serious but it is! Oh well
Won’t make the same mistake on the next grow
Thanks for your help @bob31 and @SmoknGranny
And everyone else that has helped me along the way😊

2 Likes

Thanks bruv hope you are doing well I am catching up on some grow journals and some other reading and research

@bob31 convinced me :grimacing:. I wasn’t sure which water district you were in but I figure any knowledge is a plus. It’s a good idea to know what is coming out of your tap just for your own health :+1:

2 Likes

If you happen to be using any soil with peat moss, that makes the water a bit more acidic just by contact with the peat moss. I have about the same Colorado River water but I’m in one of the water districts that gets desalinated water too. They mix it in so it’s a bit closer to 7.0. (Desal is like distilled water.) I made a slurry of tap water and my potting soil, let it settle, and measured the pH: 6.5

Colorado River has PLENTY of calcium and magnesium too. So much the crud deposits on faucets and in pipes.

2 Likes

You didn’t ruin anything. You’re on the right track getting the ph in check. Once you dial it in you’ll be smooth sailing from there :+1:

3 Likes

Exactly! @Growit @MattyBear

3 Likes

Right on
Thanks @1BigFella @MattyBear
I appreciate it thanks
I will do some research on how to do the slurry test
I have some ph up and ph down coming with an included test kit

2 Likes

Glad I have you folks here to help
Learning experience for sure
Next growing season is gonna be the platinum mix and I want to max out my grow to the legal limit which is 12 plants so I am glad I am having this issue now and not on a bigger grow!
I have learned so much and appreciate all of the direction
Thanks again everyone!!:grin:

3 Likes

This is the best place for learning and caring people. I have learned things from beginners to pros. You’re going to do great :+1:

2 Likes

It’s easy as equal parts of pH water and your growing medium in a glass stir up good wait 15 minutes stir again and check pH.

@Growit

2 Likes

Cool thanks @bob31
So I am dinkin around the house this morning
Bouncin around from task to task and left the door open in the green house
And my pitbull was just nibbling away at my Northern lights so here is what she looks like after trying to clean up the carnage

3 Likes

Can’t blame ma dawg she loves nibbling greens funny Lil bully😊
Glad I caught her in time surely she would have been joined by the other four dawgs and they would have had a party.

Some cats and dogs just love nibbling pot. I know I have two dogs :dog: that do. I saw a pic somewhere where an auto was in a large wire dog crate :grinning:

1 Like