First Grow Green House Outdoor

I sure hope your neighbors all like the smell of cannabis! Even if they are cool with it, I wonder how many people they are going to tell. This violates the first rule of growing, which is DON’T TELL ANYBODY even if you are legal.

3 Likes

Thanks man
I appreciate your concern

Plus I would love to see some ass clowns get past my 75-85 pound pit bulls
I f they can do that they can have my bud

3 Likes

In order Blueberry#1
Blueberry #2 and Northern Lights

4 Likes

So I musta screwed up on the Amnesia haze 1popped sprouted but didnt shed its shell I think I killed it. I pulled off the shell and it withered and died
Second one had lil white tail , put in the dirt but it never sprouted.
Third one just never did anything.
I am a lil bummed cuz that was gonna be daytime meds.
It’s all good though​:+1:t3::+1:t3: I am sure this is typical for a first time grower.
I wanted to grow I of each but I just planed another blueberry :grin:

1 Like

The green house has gotten pretty hot but the girls seem happy
Pretty soon the temps here are gonna drop a bit so that isnt gonna be a long term issue just hope the heat dont over stress em or stunt growth.
As far as my un trained eye can see they seem to be doin ok.
Feel free to put in your two cents
Everyones been so helpfull and please know that advice and constructive critisism never falls on deaf ears here
Thanks again!!

What do you think @bob31
@1BigFella

It was up around 95 F for a few days here. I just threw some shade cloth up over my grow cage and watered them every day. They were fine. I think they can take a few hot days. They may just not do anything useful during those days. Now 30 straight days of not doing anything useful probably makes for poor growth and THC production. In that case, I think you need to grow inside with air conditioning.

I think you will have a lot of success with autos in a greenhouse over Las Vegas fall and winter. If you need to keep it a bit warmer you can always put a little electric heater in there in the dead of winter. It will probably get pretty warm in there with the vents closed even if the outside air is cold because of all your great sunlight.

So sorry about your local disaster…

1 Like

Right on @1BigFella thanks man
Yes such a terrible senseless act. Fortunately all of my loved ones are safe but this has rocked the community and am sure it is gonna effect our towns economy not to mention all the families lives that will forever be changed thanks again

1 Like

I really should reach out before I run with an idea.
I am wired funny.
Fimmed bb-1 this morning
I felt confident in doing so
Whatcha think?

First I thought I would wait because she seems tiny but upon researching it here and youtube with autos and fimming/topping/lst it seemed like a good time to do so if I wanted so did it

3 Likes

What do you think @bob31 @1BigFella @garrigan62

When you pull off a seed husk you have to do it very gingerly. Sometimes it is actually around the stem so you have to use two sets of tweezers to pull it in opposite directions. Sorry to hear she didn’t make it.

I don’t FIM or top autos. @Growit They flower so young that I don’t think they have time to properly recover before flowering. Hope it works out for ya!

2 Likes

Thanks @bob31 appreciate it

Does the fim look properly done though?
I read on all the controversies of wether or not to do it on autos
Just did the one blueberry if nothing else just trying to get an idea of how it effects plant growth. This year cumin up I am gonna do regular fems.
I feel the autos are super cool but feel for the time and effort the way to go for outdoor is regular fem for the yields. Still deciding on strains for the next grow
And thanks again

1 Like

Another update
I got a little carried away
Lst bb#1 and fim and defoliated
Lst nl no fim just defoliated
Bb#2 just clipped the lower fan leaves
I went a lil nuts and it is a risky experiment
That being said I just popped another bb and nl seed in water today as back ups if things go south
Another update is what the girls are calling home
Darn green house is friggin hot and it is awsome outside so moved the girls out to my veggie planter box till weather starts getting chilly
I like that I felt more in control of pests in the green house
The dogs keep birds away
So I will pay extra attention to keep up on pest control pickin up some de todayI have also been spraying with neem oil every week just on the soil and burlap sacks not on foliage yet .

1 Like

That looks like a correctly done FIM, from what I’ve seen on the internet. Never done one yet, but I’m just finishing my first grow in 40+ years. I think you are suffering from new-groweritis: You always feel like you have to do something, so you do too much to the detriment of your plants. Sometimes the best action is to just be patient and watch them grow. I don’t think you should defoliate until you fill a SCROG net. Then you can take off the undergrowth that is below. At this point, those lower branches could grow up when you do a FIM, top, or LST and convince the main stem it is not the top anymore.

Outdoors you get a different set of pests. BT-K and Monterey Garden Insect Spray (spinosad) are both totally organic and non-toxic to humans. Both very effective. BT-K is for caterpillars and worms (clogs them up and they starve). Spinosad is for all kinds of insects. They have both at Home Depot or Lowes.

2 Likes

Thanks @1bigfella
I know I watch acouple videos on autoflower lst and fim
And I went nuts
been real sick so been home from work couple weeks and just went a lil crazy
Hopefully I didn’t go too far. The girls don’t seem to mind really tough plants
Thanks for the advice and was thinkin the same thing so I stopped screwing with em and popped two more seeds in the dirt in case the girls don’t respond well to the stress I have back ups.
Thanks for the heads up on pest control too man​:+1:t2::+1:t2:

Updated support ticket:

ILGM Autos
3-Blueberry
2-Northern Lights

Soil in burlap bottom half is a subcool supersoil recipe
Top half is ff happy frog on bb#1-bb#2-nl#1
On bb#3 and nl#2 is just straight ff happy frog
(bb#2 and nl#3 were just in case because I fimmed and was pretty aggressive with lst on bb#1 and some lst on nl#1 and wasn’t sure about the outcome)

Hand watering from tap

Only nutes were a real good fish emulsion after fimm and lst
Have not ph’d on my water and haven’t tested run off
Only ph tested my soil at the start and ph was about 6.5-6.7

Outdoor/greenhouse
Las Vegas sun
Fan in green house
75-115*- day / 16-30% humidity
50-70*f - nite / 30-50% humidity

From left to right
bb#1 nl#1 bb#2
nl#2 and bb#3 sharing the fourth burlap sack !
[AEA9042E-1897-4C56-8455-BC7253FC999D|666x500]
(upload://mA78XWQQSKL63RSZxoaesdhYSIt.jpeg)!
696A3193-A9BB-4B2B-8242-E707FC30F1E5|666x500

4 Likes

Couldnt get my pics in the right order I wanted but I think we are lookin alright
I would like to supplement lighting
bb#1,#2 and nl#1 are showing pre flower and I would like to help the girls put on some wieght
Any suggestions would be awsome!
I am also gonna open up another thread on help with greenhouse lighting and ventilation
Happy so far
I am not sure that the lst and fimming were the best things to do on my first grow and especially with autos
No regrets!! A real fun expirement and think if I supplement lighting I could get a good yeild from my 2 lil’ experimental flowers!
Sorry about the huge gaps in updates I have been so friggin sick and been missin loads of work and just been stressed and kinda bummed the last month or two.
Anyway I have it good and am certainly blessed with the measure of health I do have and I am sure some of you fine folks here have your challenges with health and work and family and so not gonna get on a downer post about my issues
Anyway been loads of fun so far I am already getting set for a photoperiod grow this coming season with some ILGM fem seeds ofcourse!!
Just cannot decide on which strains to grow.
The heat here is friggin gnarly in summer so thinkin goldleaf and white widow but still havent decided on it yet.
Thanks again and been tryin to get caught up on evryones grows and now looks like many of the outdoor growers here are having great harvests this year despite adverse growing conditions and un foreseen occurance.

1 Like

Oh and the reason for the lighting supplement is to extend “daylight” as the days are getting shorter thin I am only getting 7-8 hrs a day of direct sunlight and I think they would benefit from extra lighting
I know nutes are also a good way to put weight on the girls but I put alot of work into the super soil and am gonna let it do its thing
However with the smaller seedlings(nl#2 and bb#3)
they are in ff happy frog soil and I am gonna follow an ff nute regimine to see which way I wanna go with the photoperiod grow whether doing a supersoil again or just good dirt and nutes.