First grow, first post

So, I got 2 mystery bag seeds from a friend, he says you’ll have better luck than I would starting these things. So, stay tuned when I start the mystery seeds after I start the next cycle! I’ll be cloning at the end of the week, I think there will be enough to remove and safely clone with. Suggestions on minimum size branch for survival? After the “cloning event” I WILL be flipping to 12/12 on Friday/Saturday. Everything seems big enough and the majority all have preflowers. Iit took FOREVER to come this far harvest seems still within reach, yet still so far away.
I’ll update at the end of the week with planr transfer progress into the tent and of course grow pics!

5 Likes

Dude! @Covertgrower You should totally watch Jorge Cervantes’ 2 Part Ultimate Marijuana Grow Guide (I found it on amazon video but i’m sure it’s on YouTube). This guy is a life-time cannabis grower/smoker and also a judge on the High Times Cannabis Cup. He really knows his stuff and the video was very informative for all types of grows, growth stages, grow rooms, guerilla grows, lights & equipment, different strains, nutrients, etc.

Hope this helps!

2 Likes

@rodri59 How cool! I love it. Best of luck to you greenthumbs!!!

2 Likes

HAH! You made me laugh so hard I snorted, then I spit out my very cold coffee through my nose @bluntley420 …greenthumbs LOL

2 Likes

I suppose it would have been worse if it was HOT coffee :rofl::joy::sweat_smile::yum:

2 Likes

Have YOU every smelled cold coffee?!? lol or worse, tasted it through your nose? Not pleasant at all, nope not at all!!! LOL :laughing: :mans_shoe:

3 Likes

@bluntley420 I’ll try and find him on amazon prime. Anything educational I’m willing to learn.
@rodri59 I have confidence that you can do it. Don’t spit out coffee, that’s coffee abuse cold OR hot!

3 Likes

okay @Countryboyjvd1971 when i top, i cut between the two side shoots and above the two that are “pistels”? right? Hell, i’m gonna have to get stronger glasses…

Yes, that is where you cut it, @cheapsweater. Yeah, those things are small.

1 Like

2 Likes

@NewMan @VelcroThumb @cheapsweater @rodri59 @FreakyDeekie @70sChick @Buck3 @bluntley420 @Stratos @Kcdaniels

I did a lot of cloning tonight. With lots of cloning I did lots of labeling. I labeled all strains, and labeled all plants. So if I have a problem with one, I’ll know the clone is bad. I do have one strain that is regular seed, THC Bomb and am questioning its feminine side. (I’m keeping an eye on it) I also wanted to label them because if I got a particularly better harvest from one over another, I would want to know. I took a few extra from a couple more gorgeous ones. I took a picture showing where I took my clones, but I didn’t do that for every strain. The one I showed was Girl Scout Cookies. GSC is a 50/50 mix of sativa and indica. Then you compare that to the OG Kush which has almost no sativa influence. I only had so many peat plugs to transplant the orphans into, so I used FFOF for some of them. I did take extra in case some didn’t survive. I used the clonex and spray liberally. I turned the seedling heater mat on, and sprayed the humidome liberally with water so they don’t dry out. Then moved my seedling light pretty high up. Keep your fingers crossed! I also changed the light schedule to 12/12. Only can get more adventurous here out! I have also moved them into the grow tent finally. Much better light coverage.

5 Likes

4 Likes

Fingers crossed for your ladys!! Hope they grow healthy. THe light coverage seems perfect. How much W is it? I think You said 700w already but can’t find in the text. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Doin the dang Thang. Great job,gonna have weed everywhere

1 Like

@Covertgrower

Looking good brother!!

12/12 for clones? Or is that for your big ladies?

Also I had success in cutting the tips off of the leaves for the clones. I read somewhere that the plant will use the nutrients in those leaves to start producing roots.

Awesome picture tutorial @Covertgrower!! Good luck with your babies. Wish we had more room…I would be soooo doing this lol :slight_smile::seedling:

WOW @Covertgrower, looks like you will have your hands full with these ladies. I wanted to try cloning but just don’t have the room. Great job :sunflower::sunflower::sunflower:

@Ray4x I did cut some of the larger leaves off, some have less leaves than others as experiments. Clones are on 18/6 light.
I don’t expect all to survive, and took WAAY too many. Honestly if half survive I’ll have to give some away. (I just can’t throw them away) Thanks for all the kind comments, I’ll keep everyone updated on the clones progress as well as the new 12/12 schedule for the parents. As usual not much happens for a couple of weeks, but I’ll update weekly anyways. You guys are all the best, and wouldn’t have tried this with out the ILGM website and all of its members. I’m a beginner, and if I can do it, you can to.
@Stratos the light is 450W from the plug, and I have yet to get a watt meter. It’s on the list, but Ph meter first.

5 Likes

@Covertgrower

You don’t need to cut the full leaves off- just the tips of the leaves.

1 Like

@BlackShirt here’s a photo I just took a second ago. Just for you!

4 Likes