First grow, first post

Appreciate that @FreakyDeekie, I check on them every chance I get. This one of the many reasons. I have been able to go a lot longer with out watering. It’s also very humid here. 95%. That helps. I’ll be purchasing a dehumidifier during flowering soon!

2 Likes

I agree @Covertgrower . Been researching autoflowering seeds and my organic-extremist neighbor was not the right guy to ask about them. He was just putting them down saying they’re ‘bullshit’ hahaha but then again he makes his own soil, compost, bacteria, tea as well as boils his water

The internet says different, so I think I’ll give em a try next time. As for your 1 reg seed strain, without too much stress I’m sure it’ll be fine. I’ve found cannabis plants to be pretty resilient as far as plants go!

1 Like

I’ve got 2 bag seed plants going in addition to the 2 WW auto, and 2 Gold leaf from ILGM and they look so much different from the other 4 that I have become paranoid about their sex. My WWs flowered without regard to lights, by 2 gold leaf flowered about a week before I switched the lights and I switched the lights on Sunday night to 12/12 and they look like they are thinking about showing pistils but they just look totally different otherwise. Guessing they are totally indica by the way they look, leaves are way bigger, darker green and always droopy. I am going to freak if they turn out to be males but it would solve the issue of the space in my tent. I check my plants at least 10 times a day, LOL

2 Likes

@FreakyDeekie I’m glad I’m not the only one checking!
@bluntley420 I have a boss that’s organic everything I know what you mean. (Not there’s anything wrong with that) Autoflowers are interesting, and it’s kind of nice not to worry about the light timing so much. Different complications come up about when to feed it the proper nutrients. Yes plants are pretty resilient, but that doesn’t mean I’m any less paranoid! Lol

3 Likes

@Covertgrower, @FreakyDeekie I also check my plants AT LEAST 10 times a day! And then I still feel like if I don’t watch them grow (which is like watching paint dry) they won’t grow anymore and die right away lol

6 Likes

Then you really need to try Autos! They grow so fast that your paint will still be drying when they flower! LOL

6 Likes

I think that’s the height most of us are limited to because of ceiling heights, and the roof height of the tent itself. If you happen to have a grow room with a tall ceiling, Gorilla tents have extensions that can be added to make them taller, but those tents are really expensive.

Good to know! haha

My tent is 80 inches tall but that being said, it is in the basement where it has about 5 inches before it hits the floor joists from above. I have my fan mounted to one of the joists and the ballast for my MH/HPS light mounted to another. They do come in handy for that!

1 Like

I look in on mine way more often than I need to. Thinking about hooking up a web cam for her (joke). The first crop wait seems eternal.

4 Likes

@Tr33 I know about first crop problems. This is the first one, and you see how far it is along!
@FreakyDeekie @Rugar89 My tent space is restricted to 80 inches. That’s what I ordered. I figure tying and trimming should solve the rest of the issues, my medical Txaki is expected to be tall as it’s sativa dominant. I may try a autoflower next, as long as it’s similar in medicinal content. That’s my only concern I think. @bluntley420 checking on my plants often is what saved me from light burning them more than I did! Sorry I didn’t get to these right away, I was being constructive in the shed. I was installing insulation and organizing. I installed what insulation I had on hand, I’ll be back to purchase more. Also measuring how much shed I’ll end up with left. Between the boiler and other random junk, not much! I would post a pic but it’s really cluttered right now.

2 Likes

I’m waiting for a CC camera for her (not a joke). :smile: I want to check her any time i want. even when I’m drinking coffe in the city. This is also a safety measure to chenck if the box is working properly. In this way You can also check the temp and moist at any time you want and make a precise grow journal for next grows.

1 Like

@Stratos You make it sound wise…and pretty cool actually.

3 Likes

Thank You. That’s why we are here! To improve and make new ideas. Can’t wait to learn stuff so I can help others in the communiti and not only ask questions :smile:

2 Likes

@Stratos camera would be great! I’m not sure if I’m technologically advanced enough for a camera… don’t think I could get away installing a camera in the grow room. My wife already jokes I spend all my extra time in there lol. Since my grow will be relocated to outside to the shed, I was considering monitoring temperature and humidity, remotely. This is capable of being connected to the internet to remotely notify me of a drop in temperature below my set guidelines. Otherwise it just connects through Bluetooth, and keep track. Shed isn’t that far away. 20ft maybe, and the wifi router is located the same corner of the house. Perfect.
SensorPush Wireless Thermometer / Hygrometer for iPhone / Android - Humidity & Temperature Smart Sensor with Alerts https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01AEQ9X9I/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_r8EMzbHQVVWY4

1 Like

@Covertgrower The camera is almost plug and play. She needs wifi which You have and a source of power which is also not a problem. The thing is how safe it is. It conects to your router and has your name all over it :confused: maybe somebody somehow could hack it and make a problem out of it. So I maybe suggest You to stay with the temp/moist checker because of your family status. Althought I’m kinda gadget freak so will be looking for a smart power box so i can switch the moisturizer from work while i watch it live on the computer :smile:

1 Like

@Stratos small town, and nobody really hacks here. (Crime rate is so low there’s usually only 5 minor incidents in the paper) I feel pretty confident that nobody would mess with it and it’s legal here. (except I’m over my amount shh!) I love my gadgets too, and I’ve been considering an exterior camera system feed anyways, (because I was paranoid BEFORE my grow started anyways) I’ll consider throwing a feed in there when I do. Remote watering, now that’s something to consider…

1 Like

Then is ok. My camera should come in a day or two and than I will share my experience.
Due to precautionary measures I will mout the camera so it can’t catch my face while I’m working on my lady.
I found out today that my friend can make me a humidity switch (turns power on/off based on the percentage of misture in air which You set) so if You need it I can send the scheme to build it. :wink:

3 Likes

I am Mrs. Blackthumb. (and i have the pics to prove it) :rofl:

2 Likes

@cheapsweater, my son and I are doing this grow. Yesterday we were spraying the babies down with a neem oil solution and he mentioned how good they look and how it looks like we are green thumbs after all. I quickly ran around the workshop we were in knocking on every piece of wood I could find (luckily hubby does a lot of projects with wood!)

I am sure he jinxed us and am now waiting on the fall out! :fearful::crazy_face::nerd_face::running_woman::whale:

3 Likes