First grow, first post

In my professional opinion they do most of their growing during the time they sleep kind of like us need at least 8 to 10 hours of sleep to function every day the plants really respond Well

1 Like

6 weeks from from seed. So a few more weeks and we will flip the switch. Thanks for the advice on the pots. I’ll look for larger ones. Those are 5 gallon.

You should be fine if you’re in 5 gallon as long as they are cloth pots they don’t tend to get root bound if I do a month to two months and veg I’m good in a 5 gallon smart pots cloth and figure the pot the bigger the root system the bigger the plant

1 Like

Yes cloth. The preflowers are good this early right?

2 Likes

Your good friend :wink:

1 Like

Definitely . . . a lady!

1 Like

@Covertgrower…nice grow !..I’m guessing you’re going to be swimming n buds…lol

1 Like

@Kcdaniels that was the the beginning thoughts, but I’ve realized now that more doesn’t always mean well, more. I’ve created a monster by planting so many. I just hope they don’t over crowd each other, and to offset that, I’ve ordered a 4X8 grow tent. (It literally was only $50 more why not?) I’ll also order additional lighting to cover the whole operation a little bit better. First time growing pains, I’m just glad my wife has been understanding. Pfft what budget? spend it all! I’m enjoying growing as a new hobby, and I hope everyone else is enjoying my journal. I am very thankful to be able to share this experience with people who enjoy this as much as I do! Sorry this was long winded.

7 Likes

So, looking forward to future progress, at which point do I start the second grow? Anyone’s thoughts? About the the same time I flip to the 12/12 schedule? Or maybe a couple of weeks after that? I have on order a 4X8 tent, and I figured I could split the tent veg/flower. Will this be adequate? Should I order a second smaller tent?
So I dont overcrowd my grow space again, how many are recommended for a 4x4 area? I suppose that is strain dependent.
Do autoflower strains have less THC than photoperiod strains or has that improved? Or is that just a random thing someone suggested?
Appreciate all of you on here. Thanks.

2 Likes

In general autos do have lower THC levels… (not seen any high THC auto yet)

1 Like

Happy Friday from the girls! End of week 7! Most are at 14", OG Kush is still short, squatty and taking her time. GSC have beautiful undergrowth from which I’ll be taking clones from. How soon should I start flowering? Two more weeks?

6 Likes

That’s going to depend on how tall of a space you have to grow in.

80 inch grow tent is all I have.
I also researched those some of those and was thinking I should try the amnesia haze as well. I have white widow currently.

Well, checked on them on lunch, and raised the light. Some got a little light burn… oops sorry girls!
THC bomb

and white widow.
Learn from my mistakes! Whoever is following along.
@rodri59 @Laurap @FreakyDeekie @Kcdaniels @Ray4x

10 Likes

Nice Grow! It is alot of plants it can get pretty hectic during flowering but I see you said you ordered another tent that’ll make things alot easier. I like to defoliate, supercrop, & top the branches alot during veg to keep the plants shorter but make them grow out wider and bushier with more bud sights, also if you feel like your plants may be getting to tall don’t be afraid to top them down a couple nodes or a few inches I’ve topped a 12 inch plant down to 5 inches and started over on the training and LST’N and it came out perfect. I promise 2 new tops will shoot right back up, you control the plant don’t let it control you lol!! As for flowering I switch to 12/12 when about 50-75% of my tent/space is filled with tops (budsights) sometimes you can’t put a exact date on it because some plants may grow slower or faster than others but you can help maintain a even canopy by supercropping, tying the branches down, topping etc. Cheers, I’m watching!

5 Likes

@nitro For being a first grow, so nervous to cut anything. I think this grow I’m going to let it go mostly natural obviously my training did nothing when I crushed the stems. They snapped back like rock from a slingshot. I only did 3 anyways. Being a first timer, I ordered a bunch of seeds (or beans as they call them here) with a lot of ambition and no real knowledge of how many can fit in a certain amount of space. I also was kind of trying to hurry them along in anticipation of my FIRST harvest, because let’s face it, we all are tired of unpredictable street weed and my migraines are killing me. Fortunately most will be about the same size, I think only two are expected to be a bit taller. I’ll update as soon as I get the grow tent in my hands. (Btw it’s in the Louisville, KY hub) I also have to order another light to cover them all. Which I’m out of funds to order that one for a bit. Thanks for stopping by and the words of encouragement. I’m not a pro, I just know enough to be dangerous! I’ll update often and tag you next time!

6 Likes

Looks great! :grinning:

Autoflowering seeds or just feminized?

They are looking pretty good though @Covertgrower, in spite of the light burn.

Thanks! @bluntley420 most are feminized, there’s only one strain that’s regular seeds and I have to watch them with a keen eye. I’m 90% certain all of them are female though. Don’t want any switchers on me! These are all photoperiod strains. I would like to try autoflowers maybe next time.

1 Like