First grow, first post

No need your on point full spectrum deliver all light spectrums need for the girls and the crew should fall into this range even if light is on the whiter side and imo up and or are needed and I would add them from jump :+1:
But @dbrn32 really is your guy for building lights I have onlybtesd about it he’s actually doing it or has done it :+1: @Covertgrower

4 Likes

Thanks @Countryboyjvd1971 and @dbrn32 . Thanks for the clarification on the spectrum, I do understand that white light has all the colors in it, I was just thinking for a boost of sorts…
Most importantly since you shed some light on that subject… (pun intended) The potentiometer your talking about is a separate purchase for dimming ALL the LED’s at the same time equally? The drivers that come with that are the MEAN WELL HLG-185H-C1400B. Those I believe have the screwdriver dimming you’re talking about. This have the ability to have 105-109%? I just want to make sure I’m able to get as much as I can out of this kit. So far I’m having fun with this. This sounds like it would be the best of the best for equal control, and of course happy plants.

So 3000K cri 90?

4 Likes

Yessir. Best bet is going to be to get ahold of rapid and see what they offer. I only seen the 1 pot, which looked like it would be good for dimming 1 driver. But they may have other options. I believe Mike is the gut that will handle most of that stuff, or at least who I’ve dealt with. He’s helpful, and should get you good info. If it’s hlg-185 there will be 3 drivers, and I would have to double check on the pot size to control all 3. I’ve only done one and two drivers. The only benefit I see to doing them individually is if you were going to mix spectrums. Then you could dim them in and out based on your plant stage. Otherwise it’s the same, and you’ll probably want them relatively high most of the time. The internal dimming version DOES NOT give you that extra boost, should be rated current at max. The external dimming cable “b” version will give you that extra boost, when the dimmer circuit is open. So to do that, you either need to unwire one of the leads, or have a toggle switch installed on the dimming circuit. Sorry, I should’ve specified that earlier.

I can’t say based on 100% factual information that 3000k 90 cri is better than either of the other 2. I can say based off the Cree action spectrum that the 90 cri produces more of the wavelengths you want. But it does so at less total photons than the 80 cri. So the choice is more photons or less photons in a better targeted spectrum. After that, kind of a decision you have to make. I assure you that both are grow weed though.

2 Likes

I have this posted in diy thread, but thought I’d share here with you. If you’ve decided on cree, here is spectral graph. It shows the 80 cri vs 90 cri. The one thing I wanted to point out is that 90 cri produces light into the ir wavelengths, essentially eliminating the need to supplement them. As far as the uv goes, I don’t think I’ve been shy sharing my thoughts. The believers in uv will tell you that it increases resin production. Some will say it has to be uvb to be beneficial, some will say you have to implement for short period in middle of light cycle. You should probably investigate both sides and form your own opinion. I choose to forgo the uv, simply because there are several ways to increase resin without spending $.

Anyway, here is that graph…

2 Likes

I really appreciate you sharing that. I agree, and in my opinion the 90CRI is the best way to go. It also increases a bit in the blue spectrum, red spectrum is where you really want it to count when in flower, and is the most important in my opinion. What little research I have started (which is it really ever done?) I have come to the same conclusion that UVB is the most beneficial, and true UV/UVA is barely visible to the naked eye. On that point, I have found LED’s that produce that wavelength, but not for an affordable price. YET! The search is still on. I’ll post if I find something affordable. ( not $400 for like 4 led’s Pfft)

2 Likes

We’re on the same page! It is seemingly impossible to keep up with.

2 Likes

@bob31 @Screwauger @rodri59 @Countryboyjvd1971 @VelcroThumb @Myfriendis410 @Donaldj @Hogmaster @Wishingilivedina420state @Willd Ok fellow growers it’s update Friday and now is the time that I’m standing next to the tent, unzip and just gaze upon my finely ripening harvest. I cannot begin to explain the awesomeness of growing for the first time. Watching everything from beginning to finish, or in this case soo close to finishing! I have been giving all of the plants just water, but I fixed that realizing that some have at least 2-3 weeks to go, and they look a little nitrogen deprived. Fist growers anticipation jumping the gun at cutting nutrients off. So fed them today with more than just water. So some don’t look as pretty as they should in the end. Here all of my girls. GSC and OG are the closest so just water for them. I’m checking trichomes like crazy, and we aren’t there just yet.

5 Likes

More tags @Ron330 @Capt_Seeweed @dbrn32 @Sirsmokes @BlackShirt @AnneBonny @yoshi

7 Likes

8 Likes

The re are two 8” monster crop clones GSC that are going to be scary good. They’re going fill the tent I swear.

3 Likes

looking good @Covertgrower

lol at those ones taking over the pantry shelves, did you have to eat that shelf empty to give them room to grow, if ya got some crackers, I take care of that Chicken and rice for ya :yum:

5 Likes

I moved everything out of the way… Miss Covertgrower makes comments about how I’ve taken over a bit too much space sometimes… haha thanks @Ron330

4 Likes

Looking good, is that DE on the leaves? @Covertgrower

2 Likes

Very nice great job :wink:

2 Likes

Great job @Covertgrower.!!!

It is SOOOOOOO hard to be patient when you are so close, this I know.

4 Likes

Looking good amigo!

2 Likes

@Hogmaster @rodri59 @dbrn32 @Myfriendis410 the OG Kush gets the CHOP tonight. Yes. DE on everything. Had a problem with aphids. Not anymore!! Haha. 10-20% amber. Well, that happened really fast. My efforts of patiently waiting have paid off. But I’m super excited! I would totally share with anyone on here. Dunno if it’s the best, but second grow will be an improvement! I will be weighing this. I bought a scale FOR THIS MOMENT… sorry for the purple lighting. I was excited.

6 Likes

Dude you should be excited they look awesome I drop my light on mine but it’s only in its first week of flower

oops got a little To frisky with the dab rig in the white came down a lot faster than anticipated

4 Likes

At least it should recover @Hogmaster at least I hope so for your sake. She still looks beautiful, has she finished stretching?

2 Likes

Had it in a scrog got it out and it’s about done stretching

2 Likes