First grow, first post

@bob31 it connects to your phone through Bluetooth. However if you pay for the router ($100) so you can check from anywhere, you connect to the router, through WiFi or any internet connection. You can also add multiple sensors and they all connect at once. I know you said your shed is a ways away, and I don’t know how many walls it has to go through. I bet it would work at least from your porch.

1 Like

@bob31 The one I have is on the home wifi

1 Like

That a pretty sweet! I may have to get 4 of these, unless they have to be on Wi-Fi then that won’t work. Grow sheds too far away for that. Seeing exact numbers is good. My monitor only tells me high and lows

@Snowman works off of Bluetooth, but multiple sensors can connect through the application. You can label each sensor anything you want. (I thought the name for mine was appropriate lol)

I think I might be too far for Bluetooth. I will measure it again tomorrow. I have a WiFi router but I’m not sure it will reach that far either. I can test the wifi with my cell phone I guess. @Covertgrower I am going to tag @rodri59 to the garden so I can get more info on hers without infringing on your topic. I want to do a comparison. Thanks for all the info!

2 Likes

I may have to splurge and get some. I have to get a ballast and bulbs too :frowning:
My router can’t really reach the grow shack, it’s approximately 70 feet away.

So after purchasing that fancy light of mine, (Morsen Max 12) I have 3 COB’s going out. Frustrating in the middle of flower. Now considering more lighting options. Can anyone vouche for the Advanced Platinum LED brand? I currently have the P300 and P150 in my cart as back up until this light situation is solved. These two should be enough for my 4X4 area for right now? I’ll order the same for the other side.
Please feel free to tag anyone else you suggest. I’ll leave the partially defective light in there also, and add these additional lights. Just a reminder that it takes a bit to get to me here in Alaska, so this was the fastest solution, I cant rely on a Chinese manufacturer to ship all the way here very fast.

I have emailed the company through amazon, and they are aware of the issue and intend to send new LED’s free as part of the warranty. After the third LED took a crap, I sent an additional email requesting for a new fixture. They’re on vacation/holiday until the 10th. I suspect they’re pushing the LED’s too hard, but I don’t know. That’s what I tagged the LED guys I know in here. Please any comments and suggestions welcome.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00NTBVEGQ/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_tai_ReV2zbNEKP1X6

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00NTBS91Y/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_tai_gvV2zb8N8X39N

@Countryboyjvd1971 @dbrn32 @MAXHeadRoom @Donaldj @bob31 @rodri59 @Snowman @Wishingilivedina420state @Niala

2 Likes

Can’t help you with advanced lights as I haven’t had any. But people seem to be happy with them in general.

As far as your light goes, 40-50 watts a cob shouldn’t be a big deal. I would suspect that maybe they just aren’t cooled enough to be running there. Be it by design, or perhaps fan failure. At any rate, depending on how cobs and drivers are configured, I would monitor it very closely. If you had one go out, then another, and yet another. I would suspect some sort of thermal runaway issue stemming from a parallel circuit. If 3 failed all at once, probably not as big of deal. But still a slight concern as of why.

How good are your electrical troubleshooting skills?

Sorry LED’s are not my cup of tea I used HID lights actually need the heat

@dbrn32 I just received an email back from Morsen and they’re going to replace the entire fixture. It was 1 COB that went out first. Then a 2nd. The third is flashing and on its way out. I can definitely do some troubleshooting. Its been forever since I’ve tested/messed with LED’s. Its was back before they had drivers for LED’s. Where do I start?
@Donaldj I couldn’t remember if you were led or not. You are LEC. Looked into that, I dont have access to 220V where my shed is. Thanks for stopping by though. Really appreciate it.

1 Like

A lot of times they will send you a new one without requiring you to return the old one. If you can hang on to the damaged one I’m sure you can repair or modify it.

I’m not familiar at all with those lights. But first step would probably be to power down and pull cover to check connections, and make sure fans are working. May not be a bad idea to wait for new one though, depending on what the lead time is. After that, if you can see if drivers have specs printed on them would be awesome.

I’ll wait for the new one to show, I love the thought of being able to modify this so it continues to work if I can be successful with it. I’ll definetly tag you when I take it apart and find numbers. I don’t want to risk losing my only light source.

They actually sell 115v models too I own 3 all with digital dimmable ballasts :wink: the bulbs are pretty pricey which is only real draw back except they last with very little drop compared to their HID cousins

2 Likes

Canbot vouch for these but the Viparspectra are nice. I have the 450 and am getting 2 more… $125 each! Just gotta sell my HID first lol

1 Like

@yoshi , he is using them, advance platinum led light and he is very happy with them, but it’s been a while since I saw him here…

It’s a reputable led light manufacturer and it’s all American made for what’s worth… However, it’s old technology single 3 Watts diodes, with focusing lenses to try to achieved a better light penetration through the canopy. I don’t know if it’s working, probably a little.

But it comes with a 5 years warranty, that’s not nothing and 100 000 hours of life expectansy.

They have cut their prices a bit but for 3 Watts single diodes, it’s pricey… You’ll need at least 2 of the p300 to bearly cover your grow space… 3 will be better…

Anyway, @Covertgrower, it’s your money and if you decide to go with the Platinum Advanced led lights, you’ll buy good quality but too pricey for an old technology, imo. But it will work…

I am happy to see that you will have a replacement light and keeping the one you have for spare parts is a great idea :+1::ok_hand:

I will keep in touch if you need my help, my friend :grinning:

3 Likes

@niala should a 10W diode be better? More than just one of these to cover the space. I also considered this fixture as well…

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01MT2SGER/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_3X72zbTC74QMD?tag=greenrel-20

@Covertgrower I wouldnt buy that one only cause they don’t even know what they have lol
It says it’s a 2000 watt led but only compare to 1400 watt hps in discription
It also states it draws 380 watts which at best would be a 1200 equivalent light not 1400 or 2000
Go with the viper over this one
I Also agree with @Niala on the platnuim lights pricey for old technology imo

1 Like

@Countryboyjvd1971 I’ll check into those next. Still on the hunt, haven’t committed to anything yet. @niala pointed out that they were a bit pricey for old technology… . Agreed.

Ive ordered a 450w viparspectra led for my fridge box. It was $125! I ended up ordering 2 more today to replace my 600w HID
They are solid and have great reviews… i wanna say they pull 200w

2 Likes

I run the XTE 300 Advance lights and the DS XML 350 in a 40x40x60 tent , not the platinum series , they both say advance but one is Mike design and the XTE and DS XML is Paul , they once was partners but separated business but had rights to the brand name , there also advance spectrum maxx series , but I love the XTE and the DS XML , I never used the platinum series .

3 Likes